Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Full Password All-Stars theme....  (Read 13299 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Full Password All-Stars theme....
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 10:01:31 PM »
The Name That Tune theme sounds like "Cheeseburger In Paradise".

Very impressive site.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »
It is. Back in the heyday of free Napster and all of its clones, it was clearly labeled as a chance to "name that tune" - the idea was some college band played "Cheeseburger" and you'd download it trying to guess what it was. I assume it just got passed along erroneously as a theme to the show.

I love the site for what it gives to us fans, but it has some clear clear mistakes like the one above. For example, taking cues from the JM Productions website in a section devoted to their "Finders Keepers" pilot and listing them as cues from the pilot to the Nick version.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

dale_grass

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 10:21:12 PM »
Why, oh why, is there a bongo version of the Match Game '73 theme?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'123289\' date=\'Jul 4 2006, 06:16 PM\']
I've never followed the music-cue collecting as much as other stuff, but man, that is one impressive website.
[/quote]
I took a few minutes to actually pour through it right now.

Man, the stuff I would love to get from him, but at the same time, man, the stuff I DON'T have to offer in trade. :(

I realize this is a pipe dream, but if we could somehow combine his library with Casey's attitude towards sharing the wealth...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2006, 12:16:25 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'123299\' date=\'Jul 4 2006, 10:52 PM\']I realize this is a pipe dream, but if we could somehow combine his library with Casey's attitude towards sharing the wealth...[/quote]
On the other hand, this guy DOES deserve credit for making these files available for listening, as opposed to just making a list of the cool stuff he has with a "nyah-nyah, you don't!" at the bottom.  

(Somebody a while ago had a site pretty much exactly like that, with some sort of pretentious title like Television Production Music Museum, which of course was merely his collection.)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2006, 12:22:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'123307\' date=\'Jul 4 2006, 09:16 PM\']
On the other hand, this guy DOES deserve credit for making these files available for listening, as opposed to just making a list of the cool stuff he has with a "nyah-nyah, you don't!" at the bottom.  
[/quote]
That's absolutely true, and good on him for that. I'm just being selfish on behalf of my iPod. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jalman

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 04:09:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'123309\' date=\'Jul 5 2006, 12:22 AM\']
That's absolutely true, and good on him for that. I'm just being selfish on behalf of my iPod. :)
[/quote]
I have some of those themes in mp3 format.  Anyone can feel free to ask me what I've got.

alfonzos

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 04:12:31 PM »
Is it just my fading memory or are the themes for Concentration '58 and Three on a Match wrong?
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

Chief-O

• Speaks digi-talk
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2006, 06:03:56 PM »
[quote name=\'alfonzos\' post=\'123364\' date=\'Jul 5 2006, 03:12 PM\']
Is it just my fading memory or are the themes for Concentration '58 and Three on a Match wrong?
[/quote]

Some of those are, I've noticed-----mostly the Bob Stewart pilots.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2006, 08:31:18 PM »
If only TQ took any of the 15 some odd GB of news, sports, talk themes I had, I'd be more than happy to share the residuals with all...heh, not the case though.  NBC Wimbledon theme of interest to anyone, lol?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 08:31:48 PM by FOXSportsFan »

aaron sica

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 09:52:30 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'123391\' date=\'Jul 5 2006, 08:31 PM\']
NBC Wimbledon theme of interest to anyone, lol?
[/quote]

Not so much that one, but would love to have the "NFL Today" theme (the one preceding the one they have now).

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2006, 10:15:07 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'123393\' date=\'Jul 5 2006, 09:52 PM\']
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' post=\'123391\' date=\'Jul 5 2006, 08:31 PM\']
NBC Wimbledon theme of interest to anyone, lol?
[/quote]

Not so much that one, but would love to have the "NFL Today" theme (the one preceding the one they have now).
[/quote]

Here's what sucks...a couple of years ago I (actually anyone could have) had access to the 1999-02 NFL Today theme, but CBS SportsLine took the file down before I could save/record the theme to MP3 so alas I don't have it.  

Even worse for this theme geek, a friend of mine, who got me in the sports theme trading "thang" once sent me the NFL on CBS theme for the 1998 season (great theme of course), but cited that he loathed the NFL Today theme.  He had the connections to get it (he actually knows 4th tier CBS announcer Ian Eagle), but eh so it goes.

I'm probably going to update the old Bonus Page on my website soon.  For those who don't know what it is, think of it as Casey Buck's Audio Booth with a slant towards news and sports theme music.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 11:27:59 PM »
I apologize for drifting off topic a bit...

Am I one of the few that actually likes the current CBS NFL theme, not that I don't like the last one, but I just like it.

ObGameShows: It is good to hear the full version of the first Password theme from '61.

DrBear

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 07:11:57 AM »
Love the current CBS NFL theme. Much better than the draggy old one. (Although I'd love to hear the 1960s version - "Confidence" - one more time.)

Worst NFL theme evar, BTW - NBC's mid-90s version, which somebody called "the dance of the 4-12 Bengals."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

PYLW

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2006, 08:12:02 AM »
Bleh, for some odd reason some songs can only save as HTML...