Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Purgatory"  (Read 2529 times)

bwood

"Purgatory"
« on: July 01, 2006, 01:40:43 AM »
I happened to be on the site of Infinnity Productions (don't know why) today and came across a description for a show called "Purgatory" that is being made for GSN. The site with this info us http://www2.infinnity.com/p-shows.html . Has anyone heard about this before now or have any more info on it? It sounds sort of interesting I suppose. I'm just glad GSN's focus is more towards game shows again and not more towards "game related programming".

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
"Purgatory"
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 01:47:00 AM »
Add me to the list of curious individuals. Was this one of those GSN pilots that went the way of GSN's busted pilot, Tribond?

--Jamie

tvwxman

"Purgatory"
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 07:58:13 AM »
Keep in mind that a lot of those pilots listed are old. Really old. As in the last 10 years. So while it's always possible to see one of those shows appear, I would imagine they're not going to see the light of day.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:03:05 AM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Jimmy Owen

"Purgatory"
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 08:04:02 AM »
So....you're saying Purgatory is in limbo?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Clay Zambo

"Purgatory"
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 09:55:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'122994\' date=\'Jul 1 2006, 08:04 AM\']
So....you're saying Purgatory is in limbo?
[/quote]

This thread just went to hell.  :)
czambo@mac.com

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
"Purgatory"
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
Yeah, what a concept.  From reading the description, it sounds like one of the biggest pieces of sh*t that could hit TV.  A concept that wishes people to "go to hell".  Wow.

(and as a side note, their site also still has National Lampoon's Funny Money on it...and how long has it been since GSN aired that?)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

"Purgatory"
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' post=\'122979\' date=\'Jul 1 2006, 01:40 AM\']I happened to be on the site of Infinnity Productions (don't know why) today and came across a description for a show called "Purgatory" that is being made for GSN.[/quote]
"Each contestant reveals their answer aloud and is then judged by our Celestial Court - a panel of three which includes a rabbi, a celebrity, and a comedian."

A rabbi, a celebrity and a comedian walk into a bar...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Clay Zambo

"Purgatory"
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 04:24:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'123010\' date=\'Jul 1 2006, 02:17 PM\']
A rabbi, a celebrity and a comedian walk into a bar...
[/quote]

No, no, it's "A priest, a minister, a rabbi, a blonde, and a guy with a duck on his head walk into a bar.  The bartender says, 'What is this, a joke?'"

I'm sure there must be some Prairie Home Companion connection I could make in order to turn that into an /obgameshow, but I can't think of one.
czambo@mac.com

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
"Purgatory"
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 01:52:28 AM »
This sounds like the board game "Scruples," and roughly as interesting. I would say that maybe Pat should stick to being in front of the camera if we get more shows like this...but I've also seen him in front of the camera. No one wins.
Travis L. Eberle