Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN 50 greatest game shows special...  (Read 154700 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN 50 greatest game shows special...
« Reply #1095 on: May 06, 2007, 12:06:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'151585\' date=\'May 5 2007, 08:57 PM\']
Wow, way to throw any credibility this might have had out the window in the very first post.
[/quote]
You waited that long? I knew it was shot when he gave 3's A Crowd an 8.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #1096 on: May 06, 2007, 12:07:31 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'151587\' date=\'May 6 2007, 12:06 AM\']
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'151585\' date=\'May 5 2007, 08:57 PM\']
Wow, way to throw any credibility this might have had out the window in the very first post.
[/quote]
You waited that long? I knew it was shot when he gave 3's A Crowd an 8.
[/quote]

I wasn't really reading it closely enough to notice that.  The 11 just sorta jumped out. :-)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1097 on: May 06, 2007, 12:13:21 AM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'151575\' date=\'May 5 2007, 07:44 PM\']#50- 3's A Crowd: 8 out of 10. I really enjoyed this show very much. I used to watch it when it was on GSN back in 2000-2001. I know alot of people do not like this show, but, I do.:)[/quote]I'm the curious sort, so I want to know. What was it about this show you enjoyed? I watched exactly one episode when Chez Eberle got GSN back in 1998, and confidently said "That's enough of THAT". Different strokes and all of that, but really, what's the draw here?

/Glutton for Punishment, reporting for duty, Sir!
Travis L. Eberle

beatlefreak84

« Reply #1098 on: May 06, 2007, 01:31:41 AM »
I'm the curious sort, so I want to know. What was it about this show you enjoyed? I watched exactly one episode when Chez Eberle got GSN back in 1998, and confidently said "That's enough of THAT". Different strokes and all of that, but really, what's the draw here?

Well, I can't answer for the poster you're asking, but, since I am one of the few that liked the show as well, I'll give my reasons for liking it...:)

I thought it was an interesting take on Newlywed Game and did provide for some very funny moments, especially when the secretary and wife would go at it, while the husband just sat there with a stupid grin on his face.  Or, even worse, when the husband would reveal some intimate detail about his love life, and the secretary would know it, but not the wife.  What can I say?  I also watch "Cheaters," if that gives you any indication as to where my brain is...;).

I got a huge laugh out of the look on Jim Peck's face about halfway through the first episode, where he seemed to be thinking, "Why the HELL did I sign up to host this?"

Now, 3AC is not anywhere on my top 50 list, and it was never appointment TV even when it was on regularly, but I also didn't find it a bad show to watch, either.  I think it got better after I saw Extreme Gong, though...;).

Anthony
You have da Arm-ee and da Leg-ee!

Temptation Dollars:  the only accepted currency for Lots of Love™

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1099 on: May 06, 2007, 07:03:09 AM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'151575\' date=\'May 5 2007, 10:44 PM\']

#46- Hollywood Showdown: 10 out of 10. I was SO happy to see this after 6 years of not seeing it. Todd Newton was GREAT on this show. Much better then Whammy! Thanks GSN for the credits:)

[/quote]

You should get TV Guide channel.  They have been running hour-long blocks of the show every weekday at 5 eastern for some time now.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

game show guy

« Reply #1100 on: May 06, 2007, 08:11:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'151585\' date=\'May 5 2007, 11:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'151575\' date=\'May 5 2007, 10:44 PM\']
#49- Treasure Hunt: 11 out of 10.[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, whats wrong with giving 11 out of 10 to Treasure Hunt?? I REALLY liked this show. You must have missed my post where it says "this is in MY OPINION!!)

dzinkin

« Reply #1101 on: May 06, 2007, 09:36:23 AM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'151595\' date=\'May 6 2007, 08:11 AM\']
Hey, whats wrong with giving 11 out of 10 to Treasure Hunt?? I REALLY liked this show. You must have missed my post where it says "this is in MY OPINION!!)
[/quote]
That's right. you did give your opinion.  And in turn, others gave theirs.

On this board, if you disagree with something that someone else posts, you actually are allowed to answer.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 09:36:40 AM by dzinkin »

Casey

« Reply #1102 on: May 06, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'151595\' date=\'May 6 2007, 07:11 AM\']
[/quote]
You also said this:
[quote name=\'game show guy\' date=\'May 5 2007, 09:44 PM\']I will not be offended If someone disagrees with me, but, <snip>
[/quote]
Yet it seems you took offense to the very first opinion someone offered which disagreed with yours, no?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1103 on: May 06, 2007, 12:32:42 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'151595\' date=\'May 6 2007, 08:11 AM\']Hey, whats wrong with giving 11 out of 10 to Treasure Hunt?? [/quote]
Mathematics, mostly.

And yeah, for someone who promised that "I will not be offended If someone disagrees with me", it sure didn't take you very long.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #1104 on: May 06, 2007, 02:06:29 PM »
[quote name=\'game show guy\' post=\'151595\' date=\'May 6 2007, 08:11 AM\']
[/quote]

What's wrong with it is that there is no such thing as "11 out of 10."  Just saying that makes the entire concept of having a scale completely meaningless.

clemon79

« Reply #1105 on: May 06, 2007, 02:21:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'151607\' date=\'May 6 2007, 11:06 AM\']
What's wrong with it is that there is no such thing as "11 out of 10."  Just saying that makes the entire concept of having a scale completely meaningless.
[/quote]
I give this post two thousand stars out of five.

xavier45

« Reply #1106 on: May 06, 2007, 04:06:42 PM »
You know What? I have had enough. GSGuy comes here trying to give an innocent Recap of what he thought about the Countdown and you guys once again act like Jerks. Everyone of you involved in this. Even you moderators are involved in this. Why? Just because a guy gives an 11 out of 10 that gives you guys a right to flame him. This may be my last post here, but you know what? I don't give a damn. GsGuy is one of my friends and I can not just sit here and allow you idiots to do this to him. I have lost alot of respect for each and everyone of you guys involved.

I am pretty sure this is it for me, but as I said I don't care. The way you treat a of friend of mines and heck the way you treat Mark Odor makes me sick. GSN boards are 100% percent better than this place. GSGuy buddy don't post here anymore. They don't care about your opinion, they only care about themselves.

Now go ahead David, Ban Me.

dzinkin

« Reply #1107 on: May 06, 2007, 04:20:12 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'151609\' date=\'May 6 2007, 04:06 PM\']
You know What? I have had enough. GSGuy comes here trying to give an innocent Recap of what he thought about the Countdown and you guys once again act like Jerks. Everyone of you involved in this. Even you moderators are involved in this. Why? Just because a guy gives an 11 out of 10 that gives you guys a right to flame him. This may be my last post here, but you know what? I don't give a damn. GsGuy is one of my friends and I can not just sit here and allow you idiots to do this to him. I have lost alot of respect for each and everyone of you guys involved.
[/quote]
Excuse me?  You demanded that we have rules but not enforce them, left here in a huff when we refused, and then weaseled your way back on here, all the while continuing to trash us on the GSN board.  You can't lose respect for us when you never had any to begin with.  You have respect only for yourself and for your post count.

And if you think that expecting someone to defend his opinion or follow basic math is "flaming," then you have a lot to learn about what the word means.  (Hint: it's not defined as "anything Guide_Angel wouldn't allow.")  He expressed an opinion, claimed that he wouldn't mind if others disagreed, then started whining the moment someone disagreed.  That's not "being flamed," that's being asked to defend your opinion.

To borrow the words of my co-moderator Matt, this is pretty basic stuff... for adults.

I am pretty sure this is it for me, but as I said I don't care. The way you treat a of friend of mines and heck the way you treat Mark Odor makes me sick. GSN boards are 100% percent better than this place.
Then why did you storm out of here and then beg to be allowed back in?

GSGuy buddy don't post here anymore. They don't care about your opinion, they only care about themselves.
Pot.  Kettle.  Black.

Now go ahead David, Ban Me.
As much as it may disappoint some of your fellow members, being a rank hypocrite isn't a ban-worthy offense.

You've already demanded that we have rules but not enforce them.  Is showing some maturity as difficult for you as following a few simple rules?

--Richard

« Reply #1108 on: May 06, 2007, 04:20:58 PM »

I am pretty sure this is it for me, but as I said I don't care. The way you treat a of friend of mines and heck the way you treat Mark Odor makes me sick. GSN boards are 100% percent better than this place. GSGuy buddy don't post here anymore. They don't care about your opinion, they only care about themselves.
^^Couldn't agree more, xavier.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 04:26:06 PM by --Richard »

clemon79

« Reply #1109 on: May 06, 2007, 04:27:55 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'151609\' date=\'May 6 2007, 01:06 PM\']
I am pretty sure this is it for me, but as I said I don't care.
[/quote]
I believe the phrase is "Don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord split ya."

Xavier45 might be about to set the record for "most times as the subject of the 'when will he come skulking back' pool."

/I'm taking June 7 at 3:00P PDT.