Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Sale revival revisited  (Read 4499 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
My Sale revival revisited
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 09:35:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'121737\' date=\'Jun 18 2006, 04:15 PM\']
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'121730\' date=\'Jun 18 2006, 04:36 PM\']
A new version that uses the same shopping format from the 1985 syndicated edition, includes Instant Cash at $2,500 per day, and has the bigger jackpot at $100,000 plus $2,000 per show.
[/quote]
You didn't win any creativity awards, did you?
[/quote]
Frankly, I'm glad he's finally getting it. You can't just revive a show with "More money and questions assigned to categories" or "players start with $5 more and the lot costs $50 less." "Sale of the Century" is probably one of the few shows that could be taken straight from 1989 and revived in the same format as it was then, with minimal tweaking. So don't jump on him for finally getting the point.

/Well, the format from 1985. I could leave the Big Money Game back in 1989.
Travis L. Eberle

BMaurice06

My Sale revival revisited
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 02:48:18 PM »
Thank you, Travis.  Another additional rule I would have added would have been to automatically award the first-level prize to any contestant who wins at least one of his/her games by at least $100.  Specifically, that means that a win offers two prizes for the price of one, and the contestant would still get to keep that prize if he/she lost on a future show.  This rule, I felt, would have solved a minor problem with the shopping format: that no contestant that agreed to return the next day would be guaranteed to leave out of here with a major prize unless he/she quit.

Of course, I would have tried to offer a bigger jackpot as well, but that's just my opinion.