Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Schedule Makeover  (Read 15937 times)

BrandonFG

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 09:07:21 AM »
[quote name=\'dad1153\' post=\'121432\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 08:39 AM\']
Guys, guys, GUYS (and gals)!  Let's just be happy that Body Language is replacing TTTT'90 at the 9:30AM time slot and join hands, OK?
[/quote]
Speak for yourself. I actually liked TTTT90. Body Language is take it or leave it for me.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 09:08:34 AM »
[quote name=\'dad1153\' post=\'121432\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 08:39 AM\']
Guys, guys, GUYS (and gals)!  Let's just be happy that Body Language is replacing TTTT'90 at the 9:30AM time slot and join hands, OK?[/quote]
A lovely thought, but not exactly the answer to David's specific and pointed question to you.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

dad1153

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 09:31:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'121436\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 09:08 AM\']
A lovely thought, but not exactly the answer to David's specific and pointed question to you.[/quote]

I was typing too fast at work (the boss doesn't like it when I goof), I didn't search the site properly and didn't see there was another thread.  I should have checked harder but didn't want boss to find me and give me a tongue lashing.  Sorry but hey, s*** happens!

dzinkin

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 09:37:56 AM »
[quote name=\'dad1153\' post=\'121440\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 09:31 AM\']
A lovely thought, but not exactly the answer to David's specific and pointed question to you.[/quote]
I was typing too fast at work (the boss doesn't like it when I goof), I didn't search the site properly and didn't see there was another thread.  I should have checked harder but didn't want boss to find me and give me a tongue lashing.  Sorry but hey, s*** happens!
[/quote]
If the nature of your job makes you unable to take the time to post properly when you're at work, perhaps you should not be posting from work at all.  That is particularly true if it's going to lead you to do something that, again, you knew you weren't supposed to do because you'd been told multiple times in the past.

Matt Ottinger

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 09:47:46 AM »
[quote name=\'dad1153\' post=\'121440\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 09:31 AM\']

I was typing too fast at work (the boss doesn't like it when I goof), I didn't search the site properly and didn't see there was another thread.  I should have checked harder but didn't want boss to find me and give me a tongue lashing.  Sorry but hey, s*** happens![/quote]
Oh, so close to the correct answer!  We were looking for "Sorry, and I'll try not to do it again."  You see, "hey, s*** happens" is something you say when a situation is out of your control.  This is not a complicated forum that requires you to "search the site properly".  There is an obvious place to post GSN news, where you would have seen an obvious thread.  If you can't be bothered to do that, then at the very minimum you shouln't be surprised when you're criticized for your sloppiness.  We don't like it when you goof either.

xavier45

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 09:48:19 AM »
Will you guys leave dad1153 alone. So what he makes mistakes so the heck what. Anyways on the gsn boards we say "already got it up" and then that is it. No more about it. But know you keep pounding and making Dad1153 look dumb for making one maybe two mistakes. I just dont know why you guy's wont leave him alone.

BrandonFG

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 09:57:33 AM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'121444\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 09:48 AM\']
Will you guys leave dad1153 alone. So what he makes mistakes so the heck what. Anyways on the gsn boards we say "already got it up" and then that is it. No more about it. But know you keep pounding and making Dad1153 look dumb for making one maybe two mistakes. I just dont know why you guy's wont leave him alone.
[/quote]
This is not the GSN boards.

Second of all, you have all of five posts under your belt. Have you checked out dad1153's posting history? Did you see where Dave (dzinkin) mentioned that they've spoken with dad1153 in the past?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 10:08:21 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 10:02:14 AM »
Anyways on the gsn boards we say "already got it up" and then that is it. [/quote]
There's a Bed, Bath and Beyond joke here, I'm sure of it.

Xavier, we're a lot different than the GSN boards, for good and bad reasons.  Simply put, we're a private board run by fans, not by a company.  We ask a little more from our members and we like to think that we work a little harder at keeping the board running smoothly.  What "dad" did wasn't horrible, and it certainly wasn't malicious, but it was something we've told him repeatedly -- more than "once or twice" -- NOT to do, and he keeps doing it anyway.  If somebody kept doing something to you that you didn't like, and he wouldn't stop even after you told him not to, you'd probably get mad too.

dzinkin

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 10:07:29 AM »
[/quote]
Everyone makes mistakes, but no one likes dealing with people who refuse to learn from theirs -- in dad1153's case, a refusal that's occurred repeatedly.

This isn't rocket science, folks.  We don't expect you to solve calculus problems, translate Arabic to Pashto, or turn gazpacho into gold.  Our rules just aren't complicated.  Everyone makes mistakes, but when you keep making the same ones over and over again, it is NOT everyone else's fault and "s**t happens" doesn't cover it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 10:45:16 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'121441\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 06:37 AM\']
If the nature of your job makes you unable to take the time to post properly when you're at work, perhaps you should not be posting from work at all.  
[/quote]
There, fixed that for you. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 12:51:53 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'121444\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 06:48 AM\']Will you guys leave dad1153 alone. So what he makes mistakes so the heck what. Anyways on the gsn boards we say "already got it up" and then that is it. No more about it. But know you keep pounding and making Dad1153 look dumb for making one maybe two mistakes. I just dont know why you guy's wont leave him alone.[/quote]You must be new here. Today, Asok the Intern learns that life is not like Star Trek. (Hm, I think that was something else.)

What gave you the idea that this board would be like the boards of www.gsn.com? The fact that we have a section titled "GSN"? Please tell me you're literate enough to know the difference between a subsection of a larger board, and the entire board of another website?

We're not making Dad1153 look dumb, he's doing a perfectly serviceable job of that by himself.

I just dont know why you guy's wont leave him alone.
Do they not teach punctuation in school anymore? Two missing apostrophes and a misplaced one. It makes my head do the spinny thing from The Exorcist.

That "Griffin Line" idea I had is looking better and better every day...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:52:43 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 01:01:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'121450\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 09:07 AM\']
or turn gazpacho into gold. [/quote]
Chris Lemon would be a millionaire.
[quote name=\''xaiver45'\']Will you guys leave dad1153 alone. So what he makes mistakes so the heck what. Anyways on the gsn boards we say "already got it up" and then that is it. No more about it. But know you keep pounding and making Dad1153 look dumb for making one maybe two mistakes. I just dont know why you guy's wont leave him alone[/quote]
Look, chief...this ain't the GSN boards, and you don't have Brendy here to back morons like you and dad1153 up.  If either of you wanted to be taken seriously, learning how to use a keyboard would be a good start.

You are 18....but have the grammar of an eight year old.

To the others: Do you have any doubt at all that dad1153 PMed his "buddies" at the GSN board to come and "defend" him?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'121464\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 12:51 PM\']
You must be new here. Today, Asok the Intern learns that life is not like Star Trek. (Hm, I think that was something else.)[/quote]

Is he still stuck in the heating duct?

Going back to dad for a second...if any of you are members of TV.com, he's also a poster there. He's not as rough as he is here, but he does tend to overreact to certain things as well.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 01:27:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'121465\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 10:01 AM\']
To the others: Do you have any doubt at all that dad1153 PMed his "buddies" at the GSN board to come and "defend" him?
[/quote]
How _do_ you mold that tinfoil in the shape of a Viking hat, anyhow?

(Not saying you're wrong. But it damn sure isn't the first conclusion I would have come to.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

GSN Schedule Makeover
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 01:41:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'121469\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 01:27 PM\']
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'121465\' date=\'Jun 15 2006, 10:01 AM\']
[/quote]
How _do_ you mold that tinfoil in the shape of a Viking hat, anyhow?

(Not saying you're wrong. But it damn sure isn't the first conclusion I would have come to.)
[/quote]
There's enough of an overlap in membership between the two boards to make me doubt that xavier45 needed to have dad1153 inform him of our board's existence.  And thanks to the tolerance -- no, make that encouragement of breaches of netiquette by the GSN board's moderators, there are enough severely misguided individuals there to make me doubt that xavier45 needed any encouragement to defend dad1153.

I'm with Chris on this one -- it's not out of the realm of possibility but it isn't the most obvious explanation either in my view.