Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I've Got A Secret  (Read 1793 times)

gsfan85

I've Got A Secret
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:58:12 AM »
Hey everyone,

I've noticed the nameplates on the panel have been different lately on I've Got A Secret, then the way they were when the show first came on.  Monday's episode however, had another different look, and the show seemed like it could have been the first one taped.  

Does anyone know as to the order of how these were taped, and what nameplates they started with?

Thanks,
Adam

Matt Ottinger

I've Got A Secret
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:41:17 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'120588\' date=\'Jun 7 2006, 12:58 AM\']I've noticed the nameplates on the panel have been different lately on I've Got A Secret, then the way they were when the show first came on.  Monday's episode however, had another different look, and the show seemed like it could have been the first one taped.  [/quote]
Can't help you with anything definitive, Adam, but I saw that episode and I thought the very same thing.  I didn't specifically notice the nameplates, but everything just seemed a little off.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
I've Got A Secret
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:00:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'120613\' date=\'Jun 7 2006, 02:41 PM\']
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'120588\' date=\'Jun 7 2006, 12:58 AM\']I've noticed the nameplates on the panel have been different lately on I've Got A Secret, then the way they were when the show first came on.  Monday's episode however, had another different look, and the show seemed like it could have been the first one taped.  [/quote]
Can't help you with anything definitive, Adam, but I saw that episode and I thought the very same thing.  I didn't specifically notice the nameplates, but everything just seemed a little off.
[/quote]
No further info here either, but it did occur to me that last Friday's ep having Martha Wash performing "It's Raining Men" would have made a real good season-closer.  IOW (get ready to groan), a perfect way for them to go out.

/well, GSN already made them come out

Doug -- and the countdown to 2000 continues (and wondering if last Friday's ep was in fact the last one taped)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Ian Wallis

I've Got A Secret
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:16:26 PM »
Can't help you with anything definitive, Adam, but I saw that episode and I thought the very same thing. I didn't specifically notice the nameplates, but everything just seemed a little off.

Strange.  Have you noticed that for just about every original GSN does, there's a couple of episodes in the run where something's different?  If these are the first shows taped which are airing out of order, they always seem to tape the first couple of episodes and then make some changes.  Maybe they need to see a completed show or two before they know what needs tweeking(?)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Matt Ottinger

I've Got A Secret
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 04:16:53 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'120616\' date=\'Jun 7 2006, 04:00 PM\']No further info here either, but it did occur to me that last Friday's ep having Martha Wash performing "It's Raining Men" would have made a real good season-closer.  IOW (get ready to groan), a perfect way for them to go out.[/quote]
I'm not sure what it says about me that it took about half a dozen tries for me to get what was funny about that line.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
I've Got A Secret
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 04:20:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'120620\' date=\'Jun 7 2006, 03:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'120616\' date=\'Jun 7 2006, 04:00 PM\']No further info here either, but it did occur to me that last Friday's ep having Martha Wash performing "It's Raining Men" would have made a real good season-closer.  IOW (get ready to groan), a perfect way for them to go out.[/quote]
I'm not sure what it says about me that it took about half a dozen tries for me to get what was funny about that line.
[/quote]
At least I know what it says about me--that I'm not all that good a comedian.  :)

(And if I offended anyone with the line, my apologies; twas not my intent.)

Doug -- and the countdown to 2000 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

itiparanoid13

I've Got A Secret
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:38:06 PM »
Episodes are running in semi-order.  They are airing in order of weeks, but not days.  Meaning episodes 101-105 run in one week, but episode 104 aired before 103.