Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WoF Standards and Practices/technical problem question  (Read 1075 times)

JohnHolder

WoF Standards and Practices/technical problem question
« on: June 04, 2006, 11:47:56 AM »
Hi folks,

Haven't been here in a while.

Over on the message board at wheeloffortune.com, a recent former contestant is saying that he thinks he was disadvantaged by a technical problem.  His buzzer apparently malfunctioned during the $2000 Toss-Up.  While the production staff looked into it and checked the buzzer during a break in taping, they apparently didn't think it was a problem.  Having seen the show on air, he thinks it was obvious that he was repeatedly trying to ring in and the buzzer wasn't working.  It's not clear from the guy's post whether he thinks not getting that $2K cost him the game, or just the $2K.  He's trying to figure out where to pursue this.  Several people suggested contacting the production staff again, now that his show's aired and the problem may be more obvious in reviewing the tape.  

The only other idea I had was to find out who does Standards and Practices for the show.  Does anyone know who does S&P for Wheel?  I don't remember from the volumes of paperwork I reviewed for my appearance whether that's ABC (since KABC airs the show in LA) or an independent company.  And would that be the appropriate avenue for him to pursue?

I'm pretty sure he shouldn't get his hopes up, particularly since the production staff investigated it at the time.  But I just wanted to be able to give him some info in case he's got a legitimate gripe.  On the other hand, if he's got no cause for complaint, or there's nothing he can do about it, I'd like to be able to tell him that with some authority.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Best,

John (WoF contestant 12/20/04)

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 12:23:19 PM »
[quote name=\'JohnHolder\' post=\'120334\' date=\'Jun 4 2006, 10:47 AM\']The only other idea I had was to find out who does Standards and Practices for the show.  Does anyone know who does S&P for Wheel?  I don't remember from the volumes of paperwork I reviewed for my appearance whether that's ABC (since KABC airs the show in LA) or an independent company.  And would that be the appropriate avenue for him to pursue?
[/quote]

Seems to me that Sullivan Compliance is now "Wheel"'s S&P.  However, I have the feeling that anything sent to them would come right back to the person with a note to give it to "Wheel"'s contestant coordinators.

JohnHolder

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:51:53 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'120425\' date=\'Jun 5 2006, 12:23 PM\']
Seems to me that Sullivan Compliance is now "Wheel"'s S&P.  However, I have the feeling that anything sent to them would come right back to the person with a note to give it to "Wheel"'s contestant coordinators.
[/quote]

Now that you mention it, Sullivan Compliance sounds familiar.  But I'm sure you're right that he'd just end up being referred to the contestant coordinators.

John