Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weekend Runs of shows  (Read 4389 times)

gsfan85

Weekend Runs of shows
« on: May 20, 2006, 06:06:37 PM »
Hey everyone,

Today with some extra time, sat back and enjoyed Family Feud at 4.  On weekdays it runs 5-6, weekends 4-5.  Is this the same run?  In other words, does the show air the same run 7 days a week?  I assume this is the same for Match Game at 3:30 if this is correct.

Thanks,
Adam

xavier45

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 09:09:38 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' post=\'119000\' date=\'May 20 2006, 06:06 PM\']
Hey everyone,

Today with some extra time, sat back and enjoyed Family Feud at 4.  On weekdays it runs 5-6, weekends 4-5.  Is this the same run?  In other words, does the show air the same run 7 days a week?  I assume this is the same for Match Game at 3:30 if this is correct.

Thanks,
Adam
[/quote]

Well Family Feud at 4 and 430pm are all repeating episodes shown a few weeks ago. The same can be said for Blockbusters and soon Password Plus and Super Password when they join the weekend schedule. The reason the rerun is because they are not on at the same time as the weekday versions.

gsfan85

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 09:56:22 PM »
Well Family Feud at 4 and 430pm are all repeating episodes shown a few weeks ago. The same can be said for Blockbusters and soon Password Plus and Super Password when they join the weekend schedule. The reason the rerun is because they are not on at the same time as the weekday versions.
[/quote]

Is there a new schedule coming out that I haven't heard about?  So when you say they are showing episodes from a few weeks ago, does that mean that they show them randomly, so the weekend schedule does not fall too much behind the weekday?  Because I know a regular weekend show, would not just be a few weeks behind a 5-day a week show.

Adam

tyshaun1

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »
Is there a new schedule coming out that I haven't heard about?  So when you say they are showing episodes from a few weeks ago, does that mean that they show them randomly, so the weekend schedule does not fall too much behind the weekday?  Because I know a regular weekend show, would not just be a few weeks behind a 5-day a week show.

Adam

Starting next month, Password Plus will air at 11:30 weekends, Whammy! moves to noon, and Super Password replaces 100K Pyramid from 5 to 6. As for the other question, GSN treats the weekend shows as seperate runs (save for PYL), so they air at their own pace.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:56:06 AM by tyshaun1 »

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »
Starting next month, Password Plus will air at 11:30 weekends, Whammy! moves to noon, and Super Password replaces 100K Pyramid from 5 to 6.

The following text has no concrete evidence to support it, it's all just a hunch.

Prediction: This is their way of phasing out the Passwords on the weekdays, ultimately relegating them to weekends only. This relegation to the weekends is so that the Chain Reaction revival can take a spot on the weekday morning schedule without it being crammed with so many word games.

/end conjecture mode

--Jamie
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 12:29:33 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

Brandon Brooks

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 01:33:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'119049\' date=\'May 21 2006, 11:27 AM\']
The following text has no concrete evidence to support it, it's all just a hunch.

Prediction: This is their way of phasing out the Passwords on the weekdays, ultimately relegating them to weekends only. This relegation to the weekends is so that the Chain Reaction revival can take a spot on the weekday morning schedule without it being crammed with so many word games.

/end conjecture mode
[/quote]
Call me crazy, but I would think that Chain Reaction would make a pretty good companion show to Lingo.

Brandon Brooks

tvwxman

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 03:05:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' post=\'119052\' date=\'May 21 2006, 01:33 PM\']
Call me crazy, but I would think that Chain Reaction would make a pretty good companion show to Lingo.
[/quote]

Bingo, GSN isn't going to bury orignal first run programming during the 'men of GSN' run. (Zach, don't spout off when Friend or Foe or Russian Roulette joined the daytime sched. I said 'first run').

My prediction : 7-8pm with Lingo.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

xavier45

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 04:20:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'119049\' date=\'May 21 2006, 12:27 PM\']
Starting next month, Password Plus will air at 11:30 weekends, Whammy! moves to noon, and Super Password replaces 100K Pyramid from 5 to 6.

/end conjecture mode

--Jamie
[/quote]

Actually zap2it.com has the schedule starting on June 10th.

Allstar87

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 04:51:15 PM »
Just one tiny addition:

Jeopardy used to have two seperate runs on weekdays and weekends. Sometime around February, it started airing through its cycle 7 days a week. I wish I had known about that change earlier; I missed some good episodes because of that.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 08:35:18 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'119060\' date=\'May 21 2006, 03:20 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'119049\' date=\'May 21 2006, 12:27 PM\']

/end conjecture mode

--Jamie
[/quote]

Actually zap2it.com has the schedule starting on June 10th.
[/quote]

I'm sorry--I must've missed the point of your post.  Tyshaun said that the schedule changes next month (which June 10 qualifies), and Jamie was merely making a prediction of something that'll eventually happen (not necessarily next month).

Could you possibly elaborate?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

xavier45

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 10:02:15 PM »
(Massive overquoting deleted. -DZ)

Okay mistake it happens. I was just telling everyone the day the schedule would change.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:08:49 PM by dzinkin »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 10:23:19 AM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'119083\' date=\'May 21 2006, 09:02 PM\']
Okay mistake it happens. I was just telling everyone the day the schedule would change.
[/quote]
No biggie.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Chelsea Thrasher

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2006, 09:08:37 PM »
Conjecture: This is their way of giving more episodes per week to Password
    --->Subpoint: This being to help speed through the runs of both shows, particularly SP

Conjecture: This is their way of phasing out extra Jeopardy and $100,000 Pyramid airings
   ---->Both shows are going through extensive rerun abuse as-it (particularly Pyramid) due to the limited leasing ability of GSN for both shows.
-----
There's no way to know at the moment what's up.  

EDIT: Did a by-show search of Super Password on Zap2It: Definitely there in it's old 2 PM slot until end-of-month at least.  In addition, going by-show reveals Newlywed Game is ALSO gone from it's weekend berth (Sundays, 1-2 PM).  This would mean that every Sony-leased show except Squares is gone from GSN's weekend schedule - Squares airing only ON said weekend schedule.  This is still speculation, but I have to admit I think it's at least plausible the situation has something to do with the Sony leases.  

NG's replacement, BTW?  Lingo.  Just a grafting of it's Saturday counterpart in the 2 PM slot.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:19:44 PM by Seth Thrasher »

uncamark

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 04:47:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'119684\' date=\'May 28 2006, 08:08 PM\']
EDIT: Did a by-show search of Super Password on Zap2It: Definitely there in it's old 2 PM slot until end-of-month at least.  In addition, going by-show reveals Newlywed Game is ALSO gone from it's weekend berth (Sundays, 1-2 PM).  This would mean that every Sony-leased show except Squares is gone from GSN's weekend schedule - Squares airing only ON said weekend schedule.  This is still speculation, but I have to admit I think it's at least plausible the situation has something to do with the Sony leases.   [/quote]

Except that "Squares" is licensed from King World.  Sony's involvement with the 1998 "Squares" revival is only as the result of a pre-trial settlement.  To quickly recap, when KW tried to bring out "Planet Hollywood Squares" a few years earlier, Sony claimed that the first look agreements on game shows KW signed with Merv Griffin in 1985 still applied to Columbia-TriStar Television.  KW disagreed and a suit got filed.  They eventually settled out of court, with Sony getting a piece of the 1998 revival and an agreement to repurpose the show on GSN.

Chelsea Thrasher

Weekend Runs of shows
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »
For whatever reason, I thought Sony controlled the licensing of reruns for Squares.  (Not entirely sure how I came to that conclusion), however, I stand corrected then.