Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal this fall...  (Read 9501 times)

urbanpreppie05

Deal or No Deal this fall...
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:42:24 AM »
According to the Akron Beacon Journal TV Critic, Deal or No Deal will be Mondays and Fridays this fall.

On a side note, my fav NBC show, Scrubs will be a midseason replacement, My name is Earl and the Office move up an hour, and ER will be displaced in January for a new drama.

http://blogs.ohio.com/beacon_tv/
insert signature here

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 02:02:15 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'118470\' date=\'May 15 2006, 09:42 AM\']
According to the Akron Beacon Journal TV Critic, Deal or No Deal will be Mondays and Fridays this fall. [/quote]
Because when you want the latest, up-to-the-minute news on happenings in the world of television, you turn to the Akron Beacon Journal.

As is customary, NBC leaked their schedule to a wide variety of media outlets in advance of the official announcement later today.  Like you, I'm happy that Scrubs is coming back on NBC, though apparently there was little chance of it going away altogether; ABC was ready to pick it up if NBC dropped it.

The USA TODAY article pointed out that Deal or No Deal is NBC's highest rated show.  I'm not sure whether that says good things about game shows or bad things about NBC.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 08:29:50 PM »
Matt, I am glad the Deal Or No Deal is coming back and that Scrubs will return,but in January. I too, thought Scrubs was a goner. I wish NBC had put it on Thursday nights.

The biggest thing about NBC this Fall will be the return of the NFL to the Peacock after an absence of several years. Now on Sundays, it will be NFL Football Vs. Desperate Housewives in the Eastern and Central Time Zones.

How many of you watch "Housewives"?. That is the most quirkiest show I've ever seen.

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:49:13 PM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'118494\' date=\'May 15 2006, 07:29 PM\']
The biggest thing about NBC this Fall will be the return of the NFL to the Peacock after an absence of several years. Now on Sundays, it will be NFL Football Vs. Desperate Housewives in the Eastern and Central Time Zones.
[/quote]

And depending on where you are in the Mountain Zone, it's a crap shoot.

(Case in point: Western Colorado airs their primetime network scheds beginning at 7PM (9PM ET/8 CT), one hour after the Eastern/Central feeds, yet they air the CBS Daytime beginning at 9AM with TPIR, basically showing the Eastern Feed live).

And doesn't NBC, like ESPN, have the opportunity to "pick" their games later on in the season in order to provide for ratings-worthy match-ups?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:56:00 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'118498\' date=\'May 15 2006, 07:49 PM\']
And doesn't NBC, like ESPN, have the opportunity to "pick" their games later on in the season in order to provide for ratings-worthy match-ups?
[/quote]
Unlike ESPN--Monday games are set in stone.  NBC can cherry pick from FOX and CBS (they get to protect five games each over seven of the final eight weeks, Xmas weekend being the exception).  ESPN cannot.

Doug
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 08:56:53 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

dad1153

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 11:01:58 PM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'118494\' date=\'May 15 2006, 08:29 PM\']
How many of you watch "Housewives"?. That is the most quirkiest show I've ever seen.
[/quote]

I've been a loyal viewer of 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent' every Sunday at 9PM since it premiered in 2001.  'X-Files,' 'Sopranos,' 'Housewives,' etc. either go unwatched or get taped while I get my weekly dose of Goren, Eames and now Logan & Barek.  Now NBC gets Sunday night football and boots 'CI' from the most watched night of the week to the least watched (Fridays at 10PM) opposite CBS' hit series 'Numb3rs.'  Life's not fair!

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 11:05:44 PM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'118494\' date=\'May 15 2006, 08:29 PM\']
The biggest thing about NBC this Fall will be the return of the NFL to the Peacock after an absence of several years.
[/quote]

It will be neat to see the NFL back on NBC again. I'm sure they will bring a new musical score to their coverage, but I can dream about hearing the old one again. Network rights to the MLB expire after this season - now, if NBC can get the MLB back, and have Costas doing games again, we've got something.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 12:17:56 AM »
[/quote]
But I don't know how much of an issue that would be, since a lot of the Housewives viewers are females. Not that women don't enjoy football, but I don't think one would hurt the other too much.

If anything, I'd be more concerned for FOX's animated block.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 12:42:14 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'118524\' date=\'May 15 2006, 10:05 PM\']
The biggest thing about NBC this Fall will be the return of the NFL to the Peacock after an absence of several years.
[/quote]

It will be neat to see the NFL back on NBC again. I'm sure they will bring a new musical score to their coverage, but I can dream about hearing the old one again. Network rights to the MLB expire after this season - now, if NBC can get the MLB back, and have Costas doing games again, we've got something.
[/quote]
I'd love to see that, but methinks MLB would have to shift its postseason schedule to accommodate NBC if they want to do baseball.  For years, Sunday Night Football has countered baseball playoffs, only letting Game 2 of the World Series run unopposed, but with SNF now in NBC's possession (and NBC paying the NFL much more than they'd be paying MLB) I don't think coexisting is an option.

If I had to guess, I'd say if FOX doesn't reup ESPN/ESPN2 would get the full MLB postseason package and put the World Series on ABC (similar to ESPN's deal with the NBA).

Doug
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:44:59 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 04:25:54 AM »
If NBC hadn't picked up the NFL contract, they'd literally have nothing left for sports; outside of Notre Dame Football.  They lost the NASCAR contract this year; and I really can't think of anything else they have; discounting the Olympics.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 04:39:21 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 09:18:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'118560\' date=\'May 16 2006, 01:25 AM\']
If NBC hadn't picked up the NFL contract, they'd literally have nothing left for sports; outside of Notre Dame Football.  They lost the NASCAR contract this year; and I really can't think of anything else they have; discounting the Olympics.
[/quote]
Arena Football I can see you ignoring, but there's a little something called the NATIONAL FRIGGIN' HOCKEY LEAGUE....

...and golf, and tennis...which means that your "literal" statement is just more ex-rectum.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 09:26:39 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rugrats1

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 03:09:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'118572\' date=\'May 16 2006, 09:18 AM\']
Arena Football I can see you ignoring, but there's a little something called the NATIONAL FRIGGIN' HOCKEY LEAGUE....[/quote]

And now you know why the NHL is tanking in many US markets -- some viewers don't even know that NBC has the games.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 03:10:50 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'118619\' date=\'May 16 2006, 02:09 PM\']
And now you know why the NHL is tanking in many US markets -- some viewers don't even know that NBC has the games.
[/quote]
And I didn't.  When I watch NBC, I have never seen one promotion for the NHL.  Unlike...when ABC runs promos for the NBA, and when FOX run promos for the NFL and NASCAR outside of sports programming.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 03:21:01 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'118619\' date=\'May 16 2006, 12:09 PM\']
[/quote]
I suggest that people remember what they want to remember. Fact is, Mark didn't do his homework and instead chose to make yet another blanket statement.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dzinkin

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 03:23:15 PM »
I'm not a big hockey fan, but after Chris's response to Mark I'm really eager to see my first NFHL game. ;-)