Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Marathon Commercial during Survivor Reunion Show  (Read 42631 times)

Timsterino

All I can say is wow, talk about recreating the past. The sets look absolutely fantastic. They showed Ricki Lake in front of the Press Your Luck set, the Match Game set as "Match Game 73" and a tiny bit of Let's Make a Deal and Family Feud. They are genuine recreations and look amazing.

Wow. I can't wait for this show. I wish I had the ability to do screen caps. Those in the west coast watch during the 10PM hour for the commerical.

Tim :-)

aaron sica

Game Show Marathon Commercial during Survivor Reunion Show
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 11:00:48 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'118459\' date=\'May 15 2006, 12:46 AM\']
Wow. I can't wait for this show. I wish I had the ability to do screen caps. Those in the west coast watch during the 10PM hour for the commerical.

Tim :-)
[/quote]

To paraphrase good friend Chuck Donegan's favorite acronym....AGTOVC? :) (anyone got that on video capture).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 11:23:39 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'118472\' date=\'May 15 2006, 08:00 AM\']
To paraphrase good friend Chuck Donegan's favorite acronym....AGTOVC? :) (anyone got that on video capture).
[/quote]
As irritating as I find said acronym, I will say I do not, right now, but I could, since the Survivor stuff is sitting on my Tivo right now and I don't think it would be hard to edit it out. So if nobody beats me to it I'll put something together later.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:38:17 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'118474\' date=\'May 15 2006, 11:23 AM\']
As irritating as I find said acronym, I will say I do not, right now, but I could, since the Survivor stuff is sitting on my Tivo right now and I don't think it would be hard to edit it out. So if nobody beats me to it I'll put something together later.
[/quote]

Awesome. Thank you in advance. I will admit I haven't gotten excited much about the newer crop of shows that has been on, but GSM I am *extremely* excited about.

TimK2003

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 08:28:28 PM »
Did they give any specifics as to what day(s)/time(s) the GSM will air, or did they just say "Coming Soon to CBS.."?

cmjb13

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 08:52:12 PM »
You can see a glimpse of the set here

You can also read why Rich goes into the Guiness World Book of Records.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 09:36:53 PM »
First mistake they made with this whole thing.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 09:51:46 PM »
From Rich's website:
In fact, Rich Fields will now enter the Guiness Book of World Records for announcing the most (differently titled) gameshows in a single year. That record was previously held by the late Johnny Olson.
No matter that seven of them are one-shot episodes of shows that are no longer on the air. I knew Guinness had done some dumb things in the past, covering non-records and whatnot, but even this is a joke.

"After Rich's performance on the first show, CBS knew they had to have him on all seven shows. Rich is the best there is!"
Also incorrect.
Travis L. Eberle

dzinkin

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 10:03:55 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'118503\' date=\'May 15 2006, 09:51 PM\']From Rich's website:
In fact, Rich Fields will now enter the Guiness Book of World Records for announcing the most (differently titled) gameshows in a single year. That record was previously held by the late Johnny Olson.
No matter that seven of them are one-shot episodes of shows that are no longer on the air. I knew Guinness had done some dumb things in the past, covering non-records and whatnot, but even this is a joke.[/quote]
I think it's still topped by the guy who got in for eating an airplane.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 10:06:11 PM »
Know what's scary? I knew the guy you were talking about without having to click on the link. You may commence with the cry of "Geek! Geek! Geek!".
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 10:20:02 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'118475\' date=\'May 15 2006, 08:38 AM\']
Awesome. Thank you in advance. I will admit I haven't gotten excited much about the newer crop of shows that has been on, but GSM I am *extremely* excited about.
[/quote]
Sure thing. Here it is. Woulda been sooner but I actually wanted to watch the Survivor finale to avoid spoilage before I did it.

It's on the Downloads section of my site:

http://fredsmythe.com/downloads.html

(Be warned. Good bits of spoilage abound in that clip.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:29:12 PM by clemon79 »

aaron sica

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 10:30:29 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'118515\' date=\'May 15 2006, 10:20 PM\']
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'118475\' date=\'May 15 2006, 08:38 AM\']
[/quote]
Sure thing. Here it is. Woulda been sooner but I actually wanted to watch the Survivor finale to avoid spoilage before I did it.

(Direct link edited out by moderator. -DZ)

(Be warned. Good bits of spoilage abound in that clip.)
[/quote]

No problem, Chris. Unlike a good bit of the population around here, I'm pretty patient.

I'm also glad I'm sitting down to see that - holy crap!!! Whoever said the sets were true to the show wasn't kidding- WOW! Now I'm really excited. (However, first person to nitpick about things like the font on the MG nameplates doesn't match - I will send Karlberg over to throw your set out the window.)

Seeing the "Feud" clip, however, made me wonder something. I'm not trying to sound like a fanboi who loves the original sets, but I couldn't help wondering...Alex was saying on his blog that the sets were built for a reason...Is it possible that the "Feud" set will be retained for the new season? Just a thought...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:31:25 PM by dzinkin »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 10:34:58 PM »
In a quick aside to Aaron, while the sets are great for this production, if the GSM "Feud" set were used for regular broadcast, I'd bet a lot of people would wonder why an SNL parody is on when "Feud" should be.

But that aside - yes, these sets are incredible! Should be a ton of fun one way or the other when it all airs. Time to go buy some blank tape!

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »
The sets are absolutely amazing, no two ways about it.

Now if Rich Fields takes the record of announcing the most differently titled game shows in a year, does that mean Ricki Lake, of all people, supplants Wink Martindale for hosting the most different game shows in a year as well?

--Jamie
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 10:48:20 PM by Jimmy Fiono Coyne »

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 10:56:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'118518\' date=\'May 15 2006, 07:45 PM\']
The sets are absolutely amazing, no two ways about it.

Now if Rich Fields takes the record of announcing the most differently titled game shows in a year, does that mean Ricki Lake, of all people, supplants Wink Martindale for hosting the most different game shows in a year as well?
[/quote]
If Guinness is really gonna accept those records, it just shows how completely irrelevant that volume has become.