Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Chain Reaction" looking for contestants  (Read 20461 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
"Chain Reaction" looking for contestants
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2006, 01:35:57 PM »
[quote name=\'mystery7\' post=\'122852\' date=\'Jun 30 2006, 01:42 AM\']
Cool. Guess Chucknet and I will be seeing you there. We're scheduled for 11 AM.

According to the briefing I got today, "Each member of your team will take a short timed sample & then as a team you will have a brief interview on camera." They say it'll take about an hour. This round of interviews, BTW, is at the NYC Seminar & Conference Center on W 23 Street.
[/quote]

Mine's scheduled for 3 PM that afternoon, so I doubt you or Chuck will see me (unless you feel like hanging around).

But anyway, I wish you luck.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

mystery7

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 03:40:45 PM »
We'll be in the City well after our interview (and possibly yours). If you're cool with getting there an hour or two earlier, we could meet you for lunch somewhere and let you know what to expect. Slide me an e-mail if you're up for it. If not, best of luck anyway.

cmjb13

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2006, 08:30:52 AM »
I was hoping with this show taping in NY, they would go for a demographic cross-section. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems, once again, they are focusing on good-looking people who don't know how to play the damn game. I guess from a budget perspective, this is a good thing. It would also seem that they are picking teams based on quirky occupations/relations. (ie: female standup comics)

Unfortunately, we may be seeing a lot of the grunge/hippie type contestants. That's what one get's when you audition so close to NYU.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

FlashStash

« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2006, 01:39:48 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'123091\' date=\'Jul 2 2006, 08:30 AM\']
I was hoping with this show taping in NY, they would go for a demographic cross-section. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

It seems, once again, they are focusing on good-looking people who don't know how to play the damn game. I guess from a budget perspective, this is a good thing. It would also seem that they are picking teams based on quirky occupations/relations. (ie: female standup comics)

Unfortunately, we may be seeing a lot of the grunge/hippie type contestants. That's what one get's when you audition so close to NYU.
[/quote]

Well, I'll take the good-looking part, but I made sure my team knew how the play the game, and they still picked us! :)

Our episode tapes next Thursday if anyone's going to be at the taping! Wish us luck, and hope we get a good looking female team who doesn't know how to play the damn game to go up against! :)

Ed

Matt

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2006, 06:44:42 PM »
I'm with you there...we tape next Monday the 17th.  Good luck on the show, and let me (us) know if u have any tips suggestions...especially about the betting round.