Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Chain Reaction" looking for contestants  (Read 20469 times)

FlashStash

"Chain Reaction" looking for contestants
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »
Well, they're taking the auditions on the road as I just got the e-mail letting me know that my audition would be taking place in King of Prussia, PA this weekend.

FS

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 11:11:52 PM »
[quote name=\'FlashStash\' post=\'121263\' date=\'Jun 13 2006, 08:31 AM\']
Well, they're taking the auditions on the road as I just got the e-mail letting me know that my audition would be taking place in King of Prussia, PA this weekend.

FS
[/quote]

I did NOT want to hear that...hopefully that's just an isolated case.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

FlashStash

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2006, 08:08:37 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'121347\' date=\'Jun 13 2006, 11:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'FlashStash\' post=\'121263\' date=\'Jun 13 2006, 08:31 AM\']

FS
[/quote]

I did NOT want to hear that...hopefully that's just an isolated case.
[/quote]

So you think they're coming here just to audition me??  I'm flattered :)

FS

PYLdude

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2006, 02:03:14 PM »
[quote name=\'FlashStash\' post=\'121369\' date=\'Jun 14 2006, 08:08 AM\']

So you think they're coming here just to audition me??  I'm flattered :)

FS
[/quote]

I aim to please, Flash. ;)

Actually, the (obvious) reason why I said that is because I'm still waiting for the rescheduled audition for my group, and it was easier for me just to go into NYC than to trek all the way out to PA. Then again, I'm probably overreacting (nay, that's a definite).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Clay Zambo

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 02:05:18 PM »
So... is anybody else auditioning tomorrow afternoon?  My team and I will be there at 5 PM.
czambo@mac.com

FlashStash

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2006, 07:58:06 AM »
Well, I went through the auditon process with my teammates this weekend in King of Prussia...we were the only team in the room who knew how to play the game before arriving there! The whole process seemed to go really well for us, so we're hoping we make it to the show!

FS

itiparanoid13

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 02:14:24 PM »
Since it was on TVTix.com, I guess I can announce it too.  GSN told me that the first taping of Chain Reaction will be June 29th, which is next Thursday.  Anyone else going to be up to see it besides me?

http://tvtix.com/show.php?eventID=322&scheduleID=11904

Matt

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2006, 10:10:23 PM »
My team and I auditioned at 11AM this weekend in King of Prussia.  People were surprised that we drove 5 plus hours from Pittsburgh, as most there were locals.  When they asked who knew how to play, the staff was surprised how many people knew how to play, most that did were young, and said they saw it on the internet.

THe audition was really fun, and since I assume we were only competing against the other male teams, I think we did really really well.  The staff was responsive to us when we had our taped audition, and they said we should receive a call in 4-6 weeks.

ChuckNet

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 10:15:41 PM »
Sent in the applications for my fellow teammates and myself on Tue (6/20), and was named the de-facto team captain...still awaiting word as to when my audition will be, but hopefully soon...

Chuck Donegan (The Eager "Chuckie Baby")

Matt

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 05:03:49 PM »
I got a call today from Embassy Row, we got a spot on the show!!!

They said 4-6 weeks they would let us know, and here we got a call 10 days later saying we would be on the show.

Our taping is July 17th, does anyone know officially how the game is played, is it like the pilot, and what is the top prize?

She did say there are not returning champs.

Queen of Nerdocrombesia

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 06:55:10 PM »
--itiparanoid13--
Since it was on TVTix.com, I guess I can announce it too. GSN told me that the first taping of Chain Reaction will be June 29th, which is next Thursday. Anyone else going to be up to see it besides me?

As of 2 minutes ago, I will officially be there tomorrow to see it.  It was a little iffy for a bit (being on the 'Wish List'/Standby and all), but my tickets are printed out and I'll be there.  Anyone else from the pilot crowd (or board in general) coming?

And as for knowing how the game will officially be played, well, we'll find out tomorrow.
"These days, if a show doesn't make it in a couple of weeks, it goes out in the alley.  Faith has become too expensive."

--Garry Moore, 1979

itiparanoid13

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 07:41:16 PM »
Glad to know someone else is going.  This description might be a bit vague, but if you see a person wearing a black buttonup shirt, brown hair, black glasses, shorts and sandals, please be sure to come over and say hi.  Or if more are coming, we can have some little meeting place.  I'd love to meet some of you guys.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 07:41:46 PM by itiparanoid13 »

Matt

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 08:50:32 PM »
Have fun at the tapings, any information you could give would be much appreciated.  Thanks a bunch guys!

PYLdude

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 12:38:58 AM »
Well, I finally heard back from them again, and I go into the city next Saturday. This interview is not, however, going to be at NYU (like they previously were).

mystery7

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 01:42:47 AM »
Cool. Guess Chucknet and I will be seeing you there. We're scheduled for 11 AM.

According to the briefing I got today, "Each member of your team will take a short timed sample & then as a team you will have a brief interview on camera." They say it'll take about an hour. This round of interviews, BTW, is at the NYC Seminar & Conference Center on W 23 Street.