Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Chain Reaction" looking for contestants  (Read 20474 times)

FlashStash

"Chain Reaction" looking for contestants
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 03:03:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'119465\' date=\'May 25 2006, 04:11 PM\']
Just got back from the interview today.

I've got 3 words for you...

Study and Prepare.
[/quote]

I submitted my application last week, but still haven't heard anything.  I'm in Philly, so I'm wondering if the distance has something to do with it.

FS

Clay Zambo

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »

Study and Prepare.
[/quote]

Prepare, okay.  Play a lot of word-association games.  But study?  What's to study?  It's not like knowing all the state capitals will help with "Chain Reaction"...or am I missing something?
czambo@mac.com

cmjb13

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 11:51:01 AM »
[quote name=\'FlashStash\' post=\'119804\' date=\'May 30 2006, 03:03 PM\']
Just got back from the interview today.

Study and Prepare.
[/quote]

I submitted my application last week, but still haven't heard anything.  I'm in Philly, so I'm wondering if the distance has something to do with it.

FS
[/quote]
Our turnover time was about a week from submission to audition confirmation.

I'd gather distance doesn't have much to do with it. They may be auditioning in order of submission. Also, with it's proximity to NYU, I would gather there would be quite a few college students trying out.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:01:04 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Clay Zambo

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 04:07:32 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'120070\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 11:51 AM\']

I'd gather distance doesn't have much to do with it. They may be auditioning in order of submission. Also, with it's proximity to NYU, I would gather there would be quite a few college students trying out.
[/quote]

I'm not clear: does each member of the team need to submit an application?
czambo@mac.com

cmjb13

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 05:49:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'120120\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 04:07 PM\']
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'120070\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 11:51 AM\']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 01:13:42 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'120128\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 05:49 PM\']
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'120120\' date=\'Jun 1 2006, 04:07 PM\']

[/quote]
Yes
[/quote]

And just remember, guys and gals, it's your responsibility as to how they get it AND who you pick. Just a little tip.

Now that that's out of the way, I got my confirmation email today, and I gotta go into NYC Thursday at 11 to go try out.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Clay Zambo

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 10:34:15 AM »
Meaning what?  I talked with an Embassy Row staffer yesterday who said emailing the applications back was just fine.  Do you know otherwise?
czambo@mac.com

PYLdude

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2006, 03:33:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'120261\' date=\'Jun 3 2006, 10:34 AM\']
Meaning what?  I talked with an Embassy Row staffer yesterday who said emailing the applications back was just fine.  Do you know otherwise?
[/quote]

I don't have any idea what you mean, but if it's my fault and if I said "how they get it" I meant your teammates, not Embassy Row.

If that wasn't what you were saying, please disregard.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Clay Zambo

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 09:48:46 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'120346\' date=\'Jun 4 2006, 03:33 PM\']
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'120261\' date=\'Jun 3 2006, 10:34 AM\']
Meaning what?...[/quote]

I don't have any idea what you mean, but if it's my fault and if I said "how they get it" I meant your teammates, not Embassy Row.

If that wasn't what you were saying, please disregard.
[/quote]

That was what I was asking about.   And I think that clears it up.
czambo@mac.com

PYLdude

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2006, 11:08:59 PM »
Also, just a reminder to those of you potential CR contestants, fair warning- while you're required to have two teammates of your choosing, you can and will be split up at their discretion. That's what happened to me- I signed up with two of my coworkers, and only one is on my team. (Also, if any of your email addresses is hewwwooo@aol.com, email me as soon as you can, because I don't know who this person is.)

cmjb13

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 06:40:45 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'120368\' date=\'Jun 4 2006, 11:08 PM\']
Also, just a reminder to those of you potential CR contestants, fair warning- while you're required to have two teammates of your choosing, you can and will be split up at their discretion. That's what happened to me- I signed up with two of my coworkers, and only one is on my team. (Also, if any of your email addresses is hewwwooo@aol.com, email me as soon as you can, because I don't know who this person is.)
[/quote]
Interesting.

Not sure if they started doing this from the beginning of the auditions. I figure they would keep teams as is.

We were the first group of the day to audition when I went. It's quite possible we were the first team to audition period.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 10:17:52 AM »
Host: "How long have you guys been friends?"

Contestant: "Since this morning."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

cmjb13

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 01:38:03 PM »
I signed up with two of my coworkers, and only one is on my team.
[/quote]
What happened to your other coworker?

PYLdude

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 11:13:45 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'120440\' date=\'Jun 5 2006, 01:38 PM\']
I signed up with two of my coworkers, and only one is on my team.
[/quote]
What happened to your other coworker?
[/quote]

I saw him tonight, and he said that he sent out his app last Wednesday and has yet to hear back from them.

Now, I'm gonna take a guess and say that if they do get back to him that they will pair him with two other players from the contestant pool.

PYLdude

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »
Okay, I know no one probably gives a crap now, but I'm gonna update my situation just so no one either ends up having the same thing happen or assumes that they'll be split up.

I got to NYU (where the auditions are, for those unfamiliar with the process) with my teammate, and once we realized that the other person in question wasn't showing up, we explained to the casting people that we weren't supposed to be on a team with said person. A call to the third teammate revealed the problem: apparently said person misread my handwriting: I ended up writing down the email addy on a piece of paper for him (which I put in brackets, which he put in the subject line, complete with spelling the email addy wrong, although it was on the damn application in the first place). Luckily, we were able to get a rescheduled date (TBD).

The moral of this story, folks? Don't pick people who aren't too bright for your team.