Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Worst TPiR ever  (Read 17601 times)

urbanpreppie05

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2006, 12:53:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'118078\' date=\'May 9 2006, 12:14 PM\']
[quote name=\'remlap\' post=\'118072\' date=\'May 9 2006, 08:24 AM\']
But I still get why its over the top, and golden-road seems to have less the uproar than the posts here.
[/quote]
Well, that's a refreshing change. :)
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'118074\' date=\'May 9 2006, 08:33 AM\']
The asian-themed Plinko. WHY? I don't get it?
[/quote]
Does NOBODY realize that "Plinko" is a simplification of "pachinko"?
[/quote]
 I do now. :-)
insert signature here

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'118079\' date=\'May 9 2006, 12:36 PM\']
Nah, last I checked, they were complaining about another price increase with Hot Pockets.
[/quote]

Well, that annoys me too... because it's thrown my breakfast budget out of whack.
@lambertman

LetsGoMets2003

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2006, 01:30:46 PM »
Gee, that was...odd. The only positive here was the announcer. With those weird prizes, for a minute during Swap, I thought I was watching a MadTV parody of the show without Frank Caliendo as Rod and remakes of the American cues. Oriental Plinko? That's just not the right style for this game. The Win/Lose twist was mildly interesting, though. It was made more LMaD-ish with that Plinko "disk of desire" and the idiot bringing it out. The crowd clapping along to the theme was unique, I didn't know a knock-off of the rhythm of "Copacabana" could work on PiR, but I wouldn't bring it here. Was I the only one that noticed Joe looks like a dead ringer for Ozzy Osbourne’s son Jack? Overall, that was a bad first show. Thank goodness Bert’s Feud was much better. Then again, I've never seen a clip of Bruce's PiR, so what do I know?

James

Brandon Brooks

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »
[quote name=\'LetsGoMets2003\' post=\'118083\' date=\'May 9 2006, 12:30 PM\']
Then again, I've never seen a clip of Bruce's PiR, so what do I know?

James
[/quote]
So.  Much.  Better.

Brandon Brooks

JayDLewis

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 01:54:25 PM »
To anyone grousing about the "joke" prizes in the Swap game...first IUFB today was a full-sized cotton candy maker. USPiR has had plenty of "dud" prizes (Doggone Good gas pump. Popcorn carts. That Hawaiis Finest crushed ice cart/squishee thing.)

I liked JPPiR. The nonexistant theme and discotheque 'Come On Down' music weren't my favorite but the rest was a younger, hipper, club-atmosphere BPiR.

The prizes were pretty much the same (I liked the gag line with the chocolate fountain), the format is 100% the same (right down to the graphics for the showcase).

As someone else said, the showcase is about $18,000 US and that thing at the end reminded me of the 6WD ATV. I'd love to have something like that...great fun where I live.

Would I want to DL it everyday? No. Would I like to see 3 or 4 eps a month? Sure.

FAR from worst TPiR ever.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Brig Bother

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'118085\' date=\'May 9 2006, 06:54 PM\']

As someone else said, the showcase is about $18,000 US and that thing at the end reminded me of the 6WD ATV. I'd love to have something like that...great fun where I live.

[/quote]

Without wishing to spoil anything, the variance in our showcases prices appears to be huge - in the other two episodes that have gone out, one showcase was worth more than twice as the one on the episode you've all seen.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 02:11:47 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'118085\' date=\'May 9 2006, 10:54 AM\']
Popcorn carts.
[/quote]
In this day and age of home theater, I dispute whether a popcorn cart is a gag prize. I think it would rule, personally. Especially since so many people have forgotten how good real popcorn is compared to the stuff you throw in the nuker.
That Hawaiis Finest crushed ice cart/squishee thing.)
Oh, no way. Shaved ice RULES. TOTALLY legit prize. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2006, 02:35:01 PM »
Fair-use quote from a Guardian ratings article behind a subscription wall:

Joe Pasquale made his debut as the new host of The Price is Right on ITV1 yesterday, with a double helping of the show at noon and 5pm.

At midday, Pasquale's Price is Right attracted 1.2 million viewers and a 23% share but lost out to BBC1's Bargain Hunt, which drew 1.4 million viewers, and Cash in the Attic, which took 2 million.

Later in the day, the squeaky voiced comedian faced even tougher competition, up against The New Paul O'Grady Show on Channel 4.

The Price Is Right was watched by 1.3 million viewers and drew a 12% share, while The New Paul O'Grady Show attracted 2.4 million and a 20% share.

------------------

Quick reminder:  Paul O'Grady's the comic also known as "Lily Savage," the host of the most recent version of "Blankety Blanks" over there.  His talk show used to be in the 5 p.m. time slot on ITV, but Channel 4 waved a wad of bills to lure him over, where he replaced Richard and Judy at 5 p.m.

Those BBC1 shows air here on BBCA.

Allstar87

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2006, 02:36:41 PM »
I still like Bruce's version better, but I don't mind this at all. Yeah, some of the prizes were bizarre, but that is the angle they're going for. The only thing I really didn't like was the theme; too repetitve.

Brandon Brooks

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2006, 02:43:46 PM »
By the way, I've seen clips of Cash en Carlo... much better show that this.  It's kistchy, and it does a good job of conveying it.  This show is a half-hearted mess.

Brandon Brooks

Steve Gavazzi

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 02:55:12 PM »
I totally agree with Jay.  The host is annoying as hell, but he's ignorable, and aside from him, the show's actually pretty good.  I don't think I'd make it "appointment television" like I do the Barker version, and I'd probably rather watch Bruce's Price Is Right than Joe's, but I think it's getting a lot of flak in this thread that it doesn't deserve.

Oh...and if you want to see the real worst TPIR in the world, check out an episode of the Portuguese version.  When you're seven minutes into the program and the host hasn't even tossed to the first Item up for Bids yet, you know you've got problems.

remlap

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2006, 03:18:29 PM »
Speaking of the url hosted clips it be great if someone could credit where he downloaded most of them clips either aussietorrents or uknova.

So if anyone wants more of Temptation, DoND and Feud thats where they are posted to.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:20:38 PM by remlap »

MikeK

• Martha!
Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2006, 03:22:40 PM »
[quote name=\'remlap\' post=\'118093\' date=\'May 9 2006, 03:18 PM\']Speaking of the url hosted clips it be great if someone could credit where he downloaded most of them clips either aussietorrents or uknova.

So if anyone wants more of Temptation, DoND and Feud thats where they are posted to.[/quote]
I have credited a few clips from those sites.

The Aussie clips come from demonoid.com.

remlap

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2006, 03:25:22 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' post=\'118094\' date=\'May 9 2006, 08:22 PM\']
[quote name=\'remlap\' post=\'118093\' date=\'May 9 2006, 03:18 PM\']Speaking of the url hosted clips it be great if someone could credit where he downloaded most of them clips either aussietorrents or uknova.

So if anyone wants more of Temptation, DoND and Feud thats where they are posted to.[/quote]
I have credited a few clips from those sites.

The Aussie clips come from demonoid.com.
[/quote]

Demonoid is the tracker Aussietorrents.com uses :D

"nowego" is a great guy just for upping 60 Minutes Aussie.

remlap

Worst TPiR ever
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 04:25:26 PM »
http://rapidshare.de/files/20051501/PiR_Day_3.zip.html

Photos from Episode 3 with the US inspired Pick a Pair, Cliffy and Joe's Bargin Bar.