Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I guess it was only a matter of time...  (Read 7235 times)

cmjb13

I guess it was only a matter of time...
« on: September 01, 2003, 07:43:35 AM »
From tvgameshows.net

Millionaire Reruns to GSN? Not a Done Deal Yet

Online speculation is rampant about Who Wants to Be a Millionaire repeats joining the Game Show Network lineup. However, GSN insiders tell TVgameshows.net no firm deal has been signed. Buena Vista Television is not commenting on the possiblity as well.

A spokesperson for GSN acknowledged to TVgameshows.net discussions \"have been going back and forth\" with BVT for a package of the ABC Regis Philbin-hosted episodes \"but no official agreement has been finalized.\"

Other than celebrity or theme-oriented episodes, only the first 13 Philbin episodes were ever repeated on ABC.

At the Television Critics Association tour in the summer of 2002, GSN programming chief Bob Boden told TVgameshows.net correspondent Gerri Miller GSN \"would always be interested in\" WWTBAM if it were available.

On a related note, Millionaire will move to WGN in Chicago for its second syndicated season Sept. 15 at 11 a.m.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Brakus

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 11:25:28 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 06:43 AM\'] From tvgameshows.net [/quote]
 Which should immediately be a red flag to any news items that follow in the original post. Given the Perfesser's dubious history, I'm just sayin'.

But still, perhaps with Win Lose or Draw giving Disney (nee Buena Vista) a foot in the door of GSN, it would seem a good possibility that Millionaire, as well as maybe Win Ben Stein's Money and Debt, might make the rounds of GSN as well. We'll see.
"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. THAT is the secret of life." -- Iskandar, King of Conquerors (Fate/Zero, Fate/GO)

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 11:58:21 AM »
Hmmm....I dunno about Millionaire coming to GSN....it's way too recent, and any fans of the show [there are many] will be able to recognize the winners right off the bat. Heck, I can name some right now: John Carpenter, Dan Blonsky, Joe Trela, Bob House [I think that was his name], Kevin Olmstead. There's 5 of 9 right there. Say GSN does get the show and I'm watching it. I see a guy named Dan Blonsky get into the hot seat and I immediately know that he's gonna win. My next thought likely would be \"I wonder if Double Dare is on,\" followed by the sound of me changing the channel.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2003, 12:07:59 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 10:58 AM\'] Hmmm....I dunno about Millionaire coming to GSN....it's way too recent, and any fans of the show [there are many] will be able to recognize the winners right off the bat. Heck, I can name some right now: John Carpenter, Dan Blonsky, Joe Trela, Bob House [I think that was his name], Kevin Olmstead. There's 5 of 9 right there. Say GSN does get the show and I'm watching it. I see a guy named Dan Blonsky get into the hot seat and I immediately know that he's gonna win. My next thought likely would be "I wonder if Double Dare is on," followed by the sound of me changing the channel. [/quote]
 A few months ago, I finally saw the Dan Avila/Curtis Warren/that girl ep. of Greed. I immediately knew Dan was going to crash and burn, but I still watched, and it was just as enjoyable.

I think, if anything, it'll just bring up good memories for viewers, and how they remember certain contestants.  Kinda like if GSN gets around to showing that college HSq tournament from 2002, and if I see that one guy from Northwestern...damn if I remember his name, but it's on the tip of my tongue. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2003, 12:23:45 PM »
I think, if anything, it'll just bring up good memories for viewers, and how they remember certain contestants. Kinda like if GSN gets around to showing that college HSq tournament from 2002, and if I see that one guy from Northwestern...damn if I remember his name, but it's on the tip of my tongue. :-P
Jason Block.

Brandon Brooks

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2003, 02:06:31 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 08:58 AM\'] Hmmm....I dunno about Millionaire coming to GSN....it's way too recent, and any fans of the show [there are many] will be able to recognize the winners right off the bat. [/quote]
 Two words: Twenty-One.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2003, 02:51:12 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 11:58 AM\'] Say GSN does get the show and I'm watching it. I see a guy named Dan Blonsky get into the hot seat and I immediately know that he's gonna win. My next thought likely would be "I wonder if Double Dare is on," followed by the sound of me changing the channel. [/quote]
 An equally strong possibility is the reaction, \"Oh, good, I know this guy wins and I want to see it again.\"  Just as with so many of the classic shows, serious fans are going to look forward to particular episodes or contestants that they remember.

In the meantime, my problem is with Steve's characterization of \"rampant\" online speculation.  What does that mean exactly?  We've not talked about it here except theoretically.  Is this being discussed with any seriousness on the GSN boards?  Or is it just in the form of what-ifs and wishful thinkings by the kids over there?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2003, 03:51:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 11:23 AM\']
I think, if anything, it'll just bring up good memories for viewers, and how they remember certain contestants. Kinda like if GSN gets around to showing that college HSq tournament from 2002, and if I see that one guy from Northwestern...damn if I remember his name, but it's on the tip of my tongue. :-P
Jason Block.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 No no...it was really close to MY name...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2003, 03:57:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 11:51 AM\'] In the meantime, my problem is with Steve's characterization of "rampant" online speculation.  What does that mean exactly?  We've not talked about it here except theoretically.  Is this being discussed with any seriousness on the GSN boards?  Or is it just in the form of what-ifs and wishful thinkings by the kids over there? [/quote]
 Maybe he saw a series of posts on ATGS about Philbin crapping himself and decided that was \"rampant speculation\".
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2003, 04:46:38 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 02:51 PM\'] No no...it was really close to MY name... [/quote]
 Well, that makes no sense, was George Gray on HSq?

:-)

Brandon Brooks

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2003, 04:50:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 02:51 PM\'] In the meantime, my problem is with Steve's characterization of "rampant" online speculation.  What does that mean exactly?  We've not talked about it here except theoretically.  Is this being discussed with any seriousness on the GSN boards?  Or is it just in the form of what-ifs and wishful thinkings by the kids over there? [/quote]
 THE STEVE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES
by David Zinkin

(Singing)
Come and listen to my story 'bout a man named Steve,
An ego-driven twit who got lots of people peeved,
And then one day he was diggin' for some news,
When up from the crowd came a big loud snooze...
Insiders, that is.  Ass-kissers.  Headline readers.

Well the next thing you know ol' Bev's a phone-a-friend
Contestant says, \"Help get me to the end!\"
But Steve ***** IT UP so bad he's nowhere close to right,
So he leaves out his name from the story on his site.
Hypocrite, that is.  Nose in air.  Head up ass.

(Announcer)
THE STEVE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES!

(On-screen text)
STEVE BEVERLY as Himself
SOME GLORIFIED NAME-DROPPERS as \"The Insiders\"
ADAM WURTZEL as Elly May
ADAM WURTZEL as Granny

joelvanderveen

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 08:34:35 PM »
A true masterpiece.