Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sweeps or No Sweeps  (Read 4242 times)

uncamark

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« on: April 25, 2006, 05:17:14 PM »
From the NBC Universal May sweeps press release (no outcomes revealed other than carryover contestants):

FRIDAY, APRIL 28

DEAL OR NO DEAL (8-9 p.m.)
    "Episode # 28"

OHIOANS TRY THEIR LUCK AT BECOMING A MILLIONAIRE - Actor-comedian Howie Mandel ("Hidden Howie") hosts this exhilarating hit game show of chance and odds where contestants try their luck to become a millionaire.  Double lung transplant Allyson Thadeus of Lakewood, Ohio returns to find out if she has the million-dollar briefcase, and Josie Butkovic of Garfield Heights, Ohio has a dream to buy a factory for her grandfather's pasta sauce business.  Viewers at home can also watch and play the "Lucky Case Game" for a chance to win $10,000.

MONDAY, MAY 1

"Episode # 29"

ARE THE DALLAS COWBOY CHEERLEADERS A GOOD LUCK CHARM? - Actor-comedian Howie Mandel ("Hidden Howie") hosts blah blah blah.  Josie Butkovic of Garfield, Ohio returns to find out if she can finally fulfill her dream of buying a factory for her father's pasta sauce business, and Dallas Cowboys football fan Randy Smith of Pasadena, California gets a surprise from the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.

(COMMENT:  They can't show that on network television.  Also, Josie lost "Heights" from the name of her town and her father's now running the pasta sauce company.)

WEDNESDAY, MAY 3

DEAL OR NO DEAL
    "Episode # 30"

TO DEAL OR NOT TO DEAL? - Actor-comedian Howie Mandel blah blah blah.  Dallas Cowboys football fan Randy Smith of Pasadena, California returns for his final nine yards, and Rebecca van de Ven of Diamond Bar, California, armed with her lucky bamboo plant, tries her luck at the million.

FRIDAY, MAY 5

"Episode # 31"

NEW JERSEY YOUTH MENTOR DEALS FOR A MILLION OR WILL HE WALK AWAY WITH A MEASLY PENNY? - Actor-comedian blah blah blah.  Tonight, youth mentor Gary Riotto of Park Ridge, New Jersey takes center stage in this memorable not-to-be-missed episode.  Gary, who wears his heart on his sleeve, is not only surprised with an emotional reunion with some of the youths he has mentored, but he also wins over Howie, the audience, and the models, but does he win over the Banker?  

(COMMENT:  Hope they can get Dave Bacal to play some sappy organ music while the reunion goes on.)

MONDAY, MAY 8

"Episode # 32"

GAME SHOW HIT 'DEAL OR NO DEAL' - Actor blah blah blah.  In this is roller-coaster ride of an episode, Anca Toderic of Gurnee, Illinois is surprised with a brand new puppy, but does she end up, or down?  

(COMMENT:  How 'bout that NBC Universal PR department?)

WEDNESDAY, MAY 10

"Episode # 33"

(Generic description.)

FRIDAY, MAY 12

"Episode # 34"

(Ditto.)

MONDAY, MAY 15

DEAL OR NO DEAL (8-10 p.m.)
    "Episode # 35"

SPECIAL TWO-HOUR EPISODE -- In a special two-hour edition, surprises include a live satellite moment with contestant Renee Stokes and her husband, who is a US Marine stationed in Fallujah.  

(COMMENT:  Live on tape, but who's counting?)

WEDNESDAY, MAY 17

"EPISODE # 36"

(Generic.)

MONDAY, MAY 22

"EPISODE # 37"

(Ditto--nothing on May 19.)

------------------------

The end.

MikeK

• Martha!
Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 06:15:41 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'116997\' date=\'Apr 25 2006, 05:17 PM\']    DEAL OR NO DEAL (8-9 p.m.)
    "Episode # 28"

OHIOANS TRY THEIR LUCK AT BECOMING A MILLIONAIRE - Actor-comedian Howie Mandel ("Hidden Howie") hosts this exhilarating hit game show of chance and odds where contestants try their luck to become a millionaire.  Double lung transplant Allyson Thadeus of Lakewood, Ohio returns to find out if she has the million-dollar briefcase...[/quote]
Allyson's story was on the local NBC affiliate's news last night.  Spoiler-free video can be found here.

tvwxman

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:33:55 PM »
Puppies? Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders? Bamboo?

This IS turning into "Treasure Hunt" more and more each day.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JayDLewis

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'117006\' date=\'Apr 25 2006, 05:33 PM\']
Puppies? Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders?[/quote]

Are these two not mutually exclusive?

/Puppies!
//Slashes!
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

BrandonFG

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:04:16 PM »
I really want to wait to judge this, but I'm just wondering, what's with all the feel-good "hardship" stories? It sounds a lot like the families they put on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"...then again, both are Endemol, so it makes sense, but it's really bugging the hell out of me.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

NickS

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 01:28:12 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'117012\' date=\'Apr 25 2006, 08:04 PM\']
I really want to wait to judge this, but I'm just wondering, what's with all the feel-good "hardship" stories? It sounds a lot like the families they put on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"...then again, both are Endemol, so it makes sense, but it's really bugging the hell out of me.
[/quote]

True; it depends on the sappiness.  On one hand, you have the above.  OTOH, you had the contestant who worked for the TN Special Olypmics.  After the deal is made, you do see one of the special olympians on screen.

They could have milked that for all it was worth, but they (thankfully) didn't.

For that, they get a pass.  Doesn't mean said sappiness should be transferred over to syndie... ;)

BrandonFG

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 02:12:58 AM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'117026\' date=\'Apr 26 2006, 01:28 AM\']
True; it depends on the sappiness.  On one hand, you have the above.  OTOH, you had the contestant who worked for the TN Special Olypmics.  After the deal is made, you do see one of the special olympians on screen.

They could have milked that for all it was worth, but they (thankfully) didn't.

For that, they get a pass.  Doesn't mean said sappiness should be transferred over to syndie... ;)
[/quote]
Exactly...there was one recent episode where the contestant got a phone call from her kids. A little over-the-top, but tolerable, IMO. Could've done without her crying through the decision, but that's just me.

However, I could take that over the surprise family reunions. I guess the show is still feeling itself out, and trying to see what works. The only thing is, I wish they would find a format and stick to it.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

weaklink75

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 08:22:57 PM »
They've changed the ep order on The NBC media page.......next week is ep 29 on Monday, ep 30 on Wednesday, and ep  32 on Friday....I don't know why, but it looks like somehting happens in ep 31 that is so unusual that they didn't want to burn it on a Friday night.....also it looks like the entire ep is a single player (because that's the only way they can get away with it)....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 08:25:00 PM by weaklink75 »

JayDLewis

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 10:15:15 PM »
Regis will appear on one ep. I don't know which one but he'll be there.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Timsterino

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 11:14:16 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'117280\' date=\'Apr 28 2006, 10:15 PM\']
Regis will appear on one ep. I don't know which one but he'll be there.
[/quote]

Yeah, I heard him say that on his daytime show. It probably will air towards the end of May.

NickS

Sweeps or No Sweeps
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 12:09:01 AM »
Semi-off-topic, but did anyone watch LIVE today?  Howie co-hosted... and here's what gets me -- Tom Selleck, for the first two minutes, could only talk about DEAL.  Not his show -- but DEAL.

Howie was gracious -- "That's great, but let's talk about YOUR show" -- but still, it was nice to see Howie and Deal get the love.

Methinks Tom also wanted to get a pass to the Banker's Beauties' dressing room.