Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Balance game...  (Read 3624 times)

Steve Gavazzi

The Balance game...
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 04:37:22 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'115472\' date=\'Apr 6 2006, 05:59 AM\']
I'm not saying it's a fantastic name, but your analysis of it has way too wide a scope.

He does have somewhat of a point. It'd be like calling Double Prices "pick the right price" or calling 1 Right Price "which one of these is $XXXX?" Nothing about the name "Hole in One" breaks it down to what the game is about - but it's right there in the name of "Pick a Number." In fact, the very same day the ep in question aired, my dad made a point to tell me it was the first he saw of this hilariously simple game where it's called just "Pick a Number." Not scientific, but in his case at least, it went and showed you just how simple the game really was.

-Jason
[/quote]

That's all true, yes, but it isn't actually what I was arguing about.

catnap1972

The Balance game...
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 08:13:22 PM »
Is it implied in the rules that all the prizes used for the game will have four digits?  If you remember that piano the other day, I think they had a $2000 bag, a $5000 bag, and a $7000 bag, so were there only two possibilities for the contestant to use (#1+#2 or #1+#3) or could #2+#3 have possibly been correct (despite the table display only having four digits)?