Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Meredith makes Today move official...  (Read 1393 times)

DrBear

Meredith makes Today move official...
« on: April 06, 2006, 01:55:18 PM »
Story from AP/CNN
The official NBC release mentions Millionaire in passing but doesn't say whether or not she's quitting.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

TV Favorites

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:06:59 PM »
This Washington Post Article states Meredith will no longer be doing "Millionaire".

goongas

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:12:21 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' post=\'115505\' date=\'Apr 6 2006, 02:06 PM\']
This Washington Post Article states Meredith will no longer be doing "Millionaire".
[/quote]

I was watching Meredith's press conference and when asked about her future on Millionaire, she said she wasn't sure if she would continue.  She did not have discussions with Buena Vista yet.  She said she loved doing the show, but she knows it would be hard to do both.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 02:16:21 PM »
Yeah, right now I'd like a little more than the say-so of a Post writer before I take the "she's leaving Millionaire" angle as gospel.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 02:16:41 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'115506\' date=\'Apr 6 2006, 01:12 PM\']
[/quote]

I was watching Meredith's press conference and when asked about her future on Millionaire, she said she wasn't sure if she would continue.  She did not have discussions with Buena Vista yet.  She said she loved doing the show, but she knows it would be hard to do both.
[/quote]

And for their part, some NBC people have invoked Hugh Downs and "Concentration" and said that if she wants to keep doing it, it's OK with them.  Neither of those people were Jeff Zucker or Bob Welch, however.

goongas

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 02:30:50 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'115508\' date=\'Apr 6 2006, 02:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'115506\' date=\'Apr 6 2006, 01:12 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

And for their part, some NBC people have invoked Hugh Downs and "Concentration" and said that if she wants to keep doing it, it's OK with them.  Neither of those people were Jeff Zucker or Bob Welch, however.
[/quote]

Jeff Zucker used the Hugh Downs line in the press conference.  NBC will allow her to continue to do WWTBAM.