Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whither Meredith Vieira?  (Read 26905 times)

dzinkin

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2006, 10:54:14 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'117303\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 10:29 AM\']
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'117300\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 09:20 AM\']
But enough about my opinions, I'd like to hear what Larry Lemonjello thinks.
[/quote]
Sorry, Matt, you'll have to wait a week, as right now it's been declared that around these boards, there's no room for Lemon j-e-l-l-o. :)
[/quote]
Actually, Isolation Booth stays no longer have a fixed, one-size-fits-all length.  We found that more often than not, people who were placed in the Isobooth for a week would simply wait out their stays and then go right back to what got them in trouble in the first place.

As a result, Isobooth stays now vary according to the severity of the offense and the "offender"'s response to our inquiry regarding his/her behavior.  If the "offender" either cannot or will not admit what he/she has done wrong, or will not make it clear that the offense will not recur, the stay in fact can go on indefinitely.  We have several individuals who are currently on their second or third month in the booth because they have declined to respond to our inquiries.

What happens to Mr. Lemonjello at this point depends on him, but without going into details, I would not count on being blessed with his immense knowledge of accounting any time soon.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 10:55:26 AM by dzinkin »

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2006, 12:15:51 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'115290\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 01:33 PM\'] So, any nominees for the hot seat across from the Hot Seat?[/quote]Connie Chung. She didn't want Meredith's "View" slot. Maybe down the road she could come in after Meredith's contract is done. I figure, anyone who can get Newt Gingrich's mom to dish dirt about Hillary Clinton should be pretty good at the interview portion of this job. Plus, I have a thing for Asian women. I still remember her at KNXT in 1978. HEY MAURY, I'M STILL JEALOUS!

Come to think of it, Maury can join her for those "Play for Your Wedding" weeks.
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

NickS

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »
[quote name=\'GiraffeBoy\' post=\'117332\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 11:15 PM\']
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'115290\' date=\'Apr 4 2006, 01:33 PM\'] So, any nominees for the hot seat across from the Hot Seat?[/quote]Connie Chung. She didn't want Meredith's "View" slot. Maybe down the road she could come in after Meredith's contract is done. I figure, anyone who can get Newt Gingrich's mom to dish dirt about Hillary Clinton should be pretty good at the interview portion of this job. Plus, I have a thing for Asian women. I still remember her at KNXT in 1978. HEY MAURY, I'M STILL JEALOUS!

Come to think of it, Maury can join her for those "Play for Your Wedding" weeks.
[/quote]

Um -- did you look here?

It's moot now, and I think both Maury and Connie have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Matt Ottinger

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2006, 05:03:10 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'117353\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 10:06 AM\']It's moot now, and I think both Maury and Connie have bigger fish to fry at the moment.[/quote]
Perhaps if you're talking about their personal lives.  I hope you don't think of their dinky little Saturday morning half-hour on MSNBC as a "bigger fish".
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BobbyLankford_83

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2006, 06:18:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'117376\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 04:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'117353\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 10:06 AM\']It's moot now, and I think both Maury and Connie have bigger fish to fry at the moment.[/quote]
Perhaps if you're talking about their personal lives.  I hope you don't think of their dinky little Saturday morning half-hour on MSNBC as a "bigger fish".
[/quote]

I have seen Maury and Connie on MSNBC. It is not a bigger fish. And why didn't NBC give Connie Chung  Katie Couric's chair?. Matt, Connie worked at NBC News from 1983-89 as anchor fo NBC News at Sunrise, anchor on NBC Nightly News on Saturdays where she replaced Jessica Savitch, filled in for Bryant and Jane on Today, reported at the conventions of 1984 and anchored a flop newsmagazine called American Almanac with her old pal from CBS days, Roger Mudd in 1986. Connie would have been perfect to co-anchor with Matt Lauer if they could not get Campbell Brown, Natalie Morales or Meredith Viera. She knows Today cold from having done the show with Bryant and with Jane.

MikeK

• Martha!
Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2006, 07:24:20 PM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'117387\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 06:18 PM\']I have seen Maury and Connie on MSNBC. It is not a bigger fish. And why didn't NBC give Connie Chung  Katie Couric's chair?. Matt, Connie worked at NBC News from 1983-89 as anchor fo NBC News at Sunrise, anchor on NBC Nightly News on Saturdays where she replaced Jessica Savitch, filled in for Bryant and Jane on Today, reported at the conventions of 1984 and anchored a flop newsmagazine called American Almanac with her old pal from CBS days, Roger Mudd in 1986. Connie would have been perfect to co-anchor with Matt Lauer if they could not get Campbell Brown, Natalie Morales or Meredith Viera. She knows Today cold from having done the show with Bryant and with Jane.[/quote]
Is that you, Iris?

NickS

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2006, 12:19:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'117376\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 04:03 PM\']
I hope you don't think of their dinky little Saturday morning half-hour on MSNBC as a "bigger fish".
[/quote]

Of course I do! [crickets chirping in the distance]

DrBear

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2006, 07:10:51 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' post=\'117389\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 06:24 PM\']
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' post=\'117387\' date=\'Apr 30 2006, 06:18 PM\']I have seen Maury and Connie on MSNBC. It is not a bigger fish. And why didn't NBC give Connie Chung  Katie Couric's chair?. Matt, Connie worked at NBC News from 1983-89 as anchor fo NBC News at Sunrise, anchor on NBC Nightly News on Saturdays where she replaced Jessica Savitch, filled in for Bryant and Jane on Today, reported at the conventions of 1984 and anchored a flop newsmagazine called American Almanac with her old pal from CBS days, Roger Mudd in 1986. Connie would have been perfect to co-anchor with Matt Lauer if they could not get Campbell Brown, Natalie Morales or Meredith Viera. She knows Today cold from having done the show with Bryant and with Jane.[/quote]
Is that you, Iris?
[/quote]
No because there were too many periods and Connie Chung comments were written in some form of understandable English but despite the facts that were presented and there were a lot of them something that wasn't mentioned that was completely irrelevant was that Jane Curtin once ripped open her blouse and yelled match these Connie Chung! on Saturday Night Live which has a lot of game show jokes and I like it.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

uncamark

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2006, 12:31:26 PM »
And as for Rosie giving a contestant the million no matter what (or any other upper tier amount, for that matter), if she did someone would be crying "STOP TAPE!" and she would be on the receiving end of a lecture from a producer or S&P.  What she could do on her own show she can't do on "WWTBAM."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2006, 12:36:44 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'117440\' date=\'May 1 2006, 09:31 AM\']
What she could do on her own show she can't do on "WWTBAM."
[/quote]
And, seeing as she's not a stupid woman, she very likely knows that. She was EP of her own show, right? So effectively she was her own boss. That's not the case anymore, and wouldn't be in the hypothetical case of WWTBAM either.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe