Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whither Meredith Vieira?  (Read 26901 times)

Matt Ottinger

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2006, 01:46:22 PM »
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'115889\' date=\'Apr 11 2006, 12:54 PM\']
According to this article, Meredith will return to hosting WWTBAM.  Also, she will only anchor the first two hours of Today, so she will not be as tired as we originally thought, but her schedule will be demanding nonetheless.  This story quotes Ms. Vieira directly, so I hope it is accurate.
[/quote]
Good find.  A very informative article with lots of direct quotes specifically about Millionaire.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

FOXSportsFan

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »
Well Katie and Matt typically only anchor hours 1 and 2 of Today anyway, so that should be no surprise.  It's usually the Al Roker Hour of Power from 9-10a ET.

Terry K

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #107 on: April 12, 2006, 03:29:38 AM »
Meredith isn't due over to Today until what, September?  That gives her time to tape plenty of WWTBAM, and remembering the season is usually taped out by January, she might be able to push it forward a bit and get them done before she takes over at Today.

zachhoran

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2006, 07:49:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' post=\'115947\' date=\'Apr 12 2006, 03:29 AM\']
Meredith isn't due over to Today until what, September?  That gives her time to tape plenty of WWTBAM, and remembering the season is usually taped out by January, she might be able to push it forward a bit and get them done before she takes over at Today.
[/quote]

They'd have to start taping Millionaire for next season earlier than they did for this season, as the first episodes of this season were taped the week Katrina hit New Orleans, and the episodes began airing just two weeks later.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 07:50:31 AM by zachhoran »

uncamark

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2006, 04:01:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'115892\' date=\'Apr 11 2006, 12:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'goongas\' post=\'115889\' date=\'Apr 11 2006, 12:54 PM\']
According to this article, Meredith will return to hosting WWTBAM.  Also, she will only anchor the first two hours of Today, so she will not be as tired as we originally thought, but her schedule will be demanding nonetheless.  This story quotes Ms. Vieira directly, so I hope it is accurate.
[/quote]
Good find.  A very informative article with lots of direct quotes specifically about Millionaire.
[/quote]

And with all of those references to "boobs," it's a shame she wasn't well-known when "MG" was on.  :)

Jeremy Nelson

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2006, 07:29:43 PM »
Well, not that it makes much difference here, but Meredith's spot on The View has been given to Rosie O Donnell.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2006, 07:39:06 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'117271\' date=\'Apr 28 2006, 04:29 PM\']
Well, not that it makes much difference here, but Meredith's spot on The View has been given to Rosie O Donnell.
[/quote]
'Cuz apparently Joy Behar wasn't "obnoxious Nu Yawker" enough; she needed backup. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2006, 08:04:38 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'117271\' date=\'Apr 28 2006, 07:29 PM\']
[/quote]

It would have made a big difference in the tone of this newsgroup if it was Meredith's spot on Millionaire Rosie got.

Jeremy Nelson

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' post=\'117274\' date=\'Apr 28 2006, 07:04 PM\']
It would have made a big difference in the tone of this newsgroup if it was Meredith's spot on Millionaire Rosie got.
[/quote]

Thankfully, that didn't happen. God forbid what would happen to that show if she hosted.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 12:09:54 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

tvwxman

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2006, 06:25:02 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'117285\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 12:09 AM\']
[/quote]

Thankfully, that didn't happen. God forbid what would happen to that show if she hosted.
[/quote]

Sorry, I disagree. I think that once you strip away the current events opinions and rants, she can be a down to earth person that A LOT of the audience identifies with. Theres a reason her show did VERY well in middle america for 6 seasons.

I think she'd be fine as host of Millionaire.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

narzo

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2006, 06:43:15 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'117292\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 05:25 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, I disagree. I think that once you strip away the current events opinions and rants, she can be a down to earth person that A LOT of the audience identifies with. Theres a reason her show did VERY well in middle america for 6 seasons.

[/quote]

It's the same middle America that eats up these stupid reunion moments on DOND.

NickS

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2006, 08:34:32 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'117292\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 05:25 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree; something I have learned lately -- and this can be put to all of us -- is that "perception is reality."  The last perception I have of Rosie is advocacy talk show host.  If I were a PD at a station that just bought the show, I'd be up in arms if she was chosen to host Millionaire.   I'm not saying that she would be a bad host -- but I think this "View" hosting renaming is SO Martha-bad-perception-makeover that it's not funny.

Jimmy Owen

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2006, 09:06:22 AM »
Judging from her work on H2 and her talk show, Rosie would be so supportive of the contestants that she'd give them the million even if they missed the question.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2006, 09:20:13 AM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'117298\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 08:34 AM\']
I disagree; something I have learned lately -- and this can be put to all of us -- is that "perception is reality."  The last perception I have of Rosie is advocacy talk show host.  If I were a PD at a station that just bought the show, I'd be up in arms if she was chosen to host Millionaire.   I'm not saying that she would be a bad host -- but I think this "View" hosting renaming is SO Martha-bad-perception-makeover that it's not funny.
[/quote]

Fair enough, but we're not talking about her as an "advocacy talk show host" - we're talking about a no-slant game show host. Were we concerned over Meredith's 'views' as the host of the View when she took over Millionaire? No. Whatever way Meredith leans in her political advocacies is not public displayed on Millionaire...and i'm guessing ,because we haven't seen her in the Hot Seat Host chair, but Rosie would be instructed by Davies and company to do the same.

And , if I were a PD looking at programming for the fall, I'd certainly take into consideration that Rosie is MUCH more recognized as a name than roughtly 2/3rds of the new talk shows premeireing this fall. Greg Behrendt? Not many people are just that into him. Dr. Keith Albow? Anyone know who Lynn Toler is? Up in arms? Hardly. Rosie is, whether you like it or not, proven in daytime.

Its an entirely seperate issue to discuss whether Rosie is a viable replacement for Mer on the View. As a guy who works on daytime programming for an ABC affiliate , including a news program that uses the View as a lead in, I don't think she's right for that chair. Joys? Yes. Star's ? Absolutely. But not the anchor chair.

But enough about my opinions, I'd like to hear what Larry Lemonjello thinks.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2006, 10:29:25 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'117300\' date=\'Apr 29 2006, 09:20 AM\']
But enough about my opinions, I'd like to hear what Larry Lemonjello thinks.
[/quote]

Sorry, Matt, you'll have to wait a week, as right now it's been declared that around these boards, there's no room for Lemon j-e-l-l-o. :)