Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Whither Meredith Vieira?  (Read 27091 times)

Jimmy Owen

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2006, 09:54:26 AM »
If you want to throw out names, make sure they don't already have a syndicated strip.  Which means Springer, Philbin, O'Brien, Povich, Montel, Geraldo, Mary Hart, etc. are out.  Ricki Lake, on the other hand, has hosted six of the most beloved game shows ever, though she may under a Fremantle development deal.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 09:57:34 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2006, 09:58:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'115591\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 09:54 AM\']
If you want to throw out names, make sure they don't already have a syndicated strip.  Which means, Springer, Philbin, O'Brien, Povich, Montel, Geraldo, Mary Hart, etc. are out.
[/quote]
Didn't even realize that...

When is Springer supposed to call it quits, anyway? I thought he was going off the air last year or this one, but haven't heard too much.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2006, 10:05:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'115591\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 09:54 AM\']
If you want to throw out names, make sure they don't already have a syndicated strip.  Which means Springer, Philbin, O'Brien, Povich, Montel, Geraldo, Mary Hart, etc. are out.  Ricki Lake, on the other hand, has hosted six of the most beloved game shows ever, though she may under a Fremantle development deal.
[/quote]

Ricki doesn't currently have a talk show either. Does The View currently air against Millionaire anywhere(which would most likely also put it up against TPIR?)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2006, 10:06:33 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'115590\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 06:50 AM\']
I don't know how well this would fly here, but how about Jerry Springer? (dammit, put down the foreign objects and hear me out!)
[/quote]
I don't think it's a bad choice at all.

Expanding the discussion into the realm of the insane, if Rikki Lake shows us something interesting during the GSM, she might be a contender, too. (Mind you, _I_ wouldn't hire her, but it might raise her stock, and especially if the Millionaire people decide they need to hire a female host for whatever demographic reasons.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SteveRep

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2006, 10:26:19 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' post=\'115594\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 10:05 AM\']
Ricki doesn't currently have a talk show either. Does The View currently air against Millionaire anywhere(which would most likely also put it up against TPIR?)
[/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised if it is somewhere but I doubt there are all that many places where WWTBAM airs in the morning. The closest I can find is right here in DC, where WUSA carries Millionaire at 10:30 a.m.

zachhoran

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2006, 10:29:29 AM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' post=\'115602\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 10:26 AM\']
[/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised if it is somewhere but I doubt there are all that many places where WWTBAM airs in the morning. The closest I can find is right here in DC, where WUSA carries Millionaire at 10:30 a.m.
[/quote]

It airs at 10AM EST on WPTT Channel 22 in Pittsburgh.

scottua1

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2006, 11:08:44 AM »
 Does The View currently air against Millionaire anywhere(which would most likely also put it up against TPIR?)
[/quote]
Here in Albany, Millionaire airs at 10 and 11am on the NBC affiliate, putting the 11am episode against the first half of both the View and PIR.

uncamark

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2006, 12:17:29 PM »
Also, with Springer there is the matter of his radio show, which he could do anywhere in the morning and then do a TV show in the afternoon.

(Yes, radio show that Air America is syndicating with Premiere--from what I've heard, he's proven that he can still handle something with gravitas to it, even if you don't agree with his politics.)

tvwxman

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2006, 03:21:21 PM »
No doubt Davies has to begin thinking about an replacement for Vierra. If she stays now, she won't as soon as the contract ends in two years. If anything, it may give Davies the push needed to get a primetime millionaire back on television (either on ABC or not when the contract with the mousehouse ends ),  and this time , perhaps without Reeg, going instead with  a different host that they can test drive in the hot seat.

Now, back to speculation . My vote : Rosie O'.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2006, 03:40:18 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'115645\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 12:21 PM\']
Now, back to speculation . My vote : Rosie O'.
[/quote]
God, I'd slit my own throat.

gsgalaxy82

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2006, 03:47:16 PM »
Jerry Springer actually wouldn't be a bad selection, he did host Greed in the UK and did a great job. But with his show still on, who knows.
My suggestion as host is kinda off the wall: Dana Jacobson, host of ESPN2's Cold Pizza and an ESPN reporter. Attractive, good personality, could keep control of a show. As I said once, none of us thought Meredith could pull it off (I'll admit, I didn't even know who she was). So I say Disney should look to their all sports network for some ideas.

David

Jimmy Owen

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2006, 04:01:31 PM »
Dare I bring up the name of Ken Jenn....no, better not.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2006, 04:27:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'115649\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 01:01 PM\']
Dare I bring up the name of Ken Jenn....no, better not.
[/quote]
Yikes. Thing is, I can see them trying it.

goongas

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2006, 07:50:50 PM »
According to this Washington Post article (yes, I know, it may not be accurate), Michael Davies still expects Meredith to host Millionaire, but her agent isn't so sure:

Washington Post article

trainman

Whither Meredith Vieira?
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2006, 11:32:11 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveRep\' post=\'115602\' date=\'Apr 7 2006, 07:26 AM\']
...I doubt there are all that many places where WWTBAM airs in the morning. The closest I can find is right here in DC, where WUSA carries Millionaire at 10:30 a.m.
[/quote]

WWTBAM is also the lead-in to TPIR in Los Angeles, airing at 9:30 A.M. on KCBS.  (Those are the second-run shows; first-run airs at 6:30 P.M. on co-owned KCAL.)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 11:34:02 PM by trainman »
trainman is a man of trains