Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TJW Parody on MTV Commercial  (Read 6926 times)

ilb4ever2000

TJW Parody on MTV Commercial
« on: June 17, 2003, 01:14:12 AM »
I was flipping by MTV about 5-6 hours ago and a promo for something on there or the web site caught my eye. On it was an interesting reproduction of at least part of the TJW set (the big lever, the windows, which looked more like regular slots, and the flashing lights). Two contestants stood near the lever. Fred Willard played the host with a Jack Barry-esque suit on, holding an ECM-51-esque mic. Unfortunately, I didn't see enough of it to get what the point nor have I seen it again since.

FosterGray82

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 12:11:51 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 12:14 AM\']I was flipping by MTV about 5-6 hours ago and a promo for something on there or the web site caught my eye. On it was an interesting reproduction of at least part of the TJW set (the big lever, the windows, which looked more like regular slots, and the flashing lights). [/quote]

It's promoting \"American Wedding\" (American Pie 3). The TJW setup involved the couple spinning the wheel to match up a couple from the American Pie movies. In this case, it's Allison Hannigan (Michelle, flute girl) and Jason Biggs (Jim, dork), who are getting married in the movie.

There's at least one more, in which a couple plays Plinko, with each dropping a chip to match a \"Pie\" couple together. It was weird, but it involved Stiffler.

Also noted, the commercials start off with a Newlywed Game type setup, where the podiums sweep away to show the big game show prop (slot machine, Plinko-board, etc.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 12:40:52 PM by FosterGray82 »

ilb4ever2000

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 02:53:28 PM »
There's another one where again, it's starts off like Tne Newlywed Game, then it goes into a reverse-Pyramid speed round where the category determines the question Fred asks (which would likely be about American Pie/Wedding).

Seth Thrasher

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 06:06:47 PM »
Someone at Viacom's a Game Show fan....