Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Sale  (Read 8686 times)

Match Game Nut

My Sale
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2006, 12:53:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'114570\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 11:40 PM\']
[quote name=\'rebelwrest\' post=\'114568\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 10:22 PM\']
Any opinions
[/quote]
So they win...$50?

[/quote]

I guess that would be the reverse of "Mo Money Syndrome"

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
My Sale
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2006, 01:25:58 AM »
Dear I hope they bring back $OTC, but can $ale have a proper bonus round?

<post edited for broadcast>

Any opinions
[/quote]

The nyquil's still talking to me, but what does that even have to do with the concept of the show in the first place?

I think at this point, if you win the lot, with that format, you should win a donkey.
yeah, I said it.
A Donkey!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 01:26:27 AM by Strikerz04 »

BrandonFG

My Sale
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2006, 01:46:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'114589\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 01:25 AM\']
I think at this point, if you win the lot, with that format, you should win a donkey.
yeah, I said it.
A Donkey!
[/quote]
That would make a real ass out of the contestant.

(Which way to the TTD room? The board makeover has me a bit backwards...)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dzinkin

My Sale
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2006, 07:11:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'114570\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 11:40 PM\']
Any opinions
[/quote]
So they win...$50?

And I thought the 'Net Inquizition/Zooventure (hi, Dave) hour was a bad idea.
[/quote]
Actually, my proposal was for the 'Net Zooventure/Everything Goes Hour.

And I might note that one person who is now a member of this forum actually volunteered to be a contestant when I made said proposal... with no indication that his request was anything but serious.

Don Howard

My Sale
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2006, 10:43:41 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'114590\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 01:46 AM\']
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'114589\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 01:25 AM\']
yeah, I said it.
A Donkey!
[/quote]
That would make a real ass out of the contestant.
[/quote]
There will be three donkeys to choose from.
One will be worth a nice prize.
A second will be worth a not as nice prize.
A third will be worth less than that.
At the climactic moment of choosing, the emcee will tell the champion, "Whenever you're ready, pick your ass".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 10:44:04 PM by Don Howard »

gsgalaxy82

My Sale
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »
OK, I don't normally do this, but here's my idea (well, not really my ideas, taken from some places)
I'd keep the main game pretty much like it was. I liked the idea Inquisitive one had with the three boxes like the Instant Cash. But I'd have one box have the jackpot, the other a $15 money card, and the third a nice prize (like in the Aussie version, but they used playing card suits).
Now for the end game (hopefully I won't be accused of mo money syndrome):
Part One: Ten in a Row
This is pretty much taken from the Aussie version, except it's played first. The player has 60 seconds to get 10 correct answers for a top prize of $100,000. With each correct answer, the player moves up a "ladder" (a la Weakest Link): $1K-$2K-$4K-$6K-$10K-$15K-$20K-$30K-$60K-$100K. The difference between this and the Aussie version is a player can stop before a question is asked (by hitting a button, like the bail out on the Wonderwall) and take whatever money they have.
Part Two: Shopping
Whatever money won (if any) is placed in the bank. This part is like the old version, they go shopping for prizes. The player can only play Ten in a Row if they've reached a new prize ladder. (Unlike the new Aussie version, the player must purchase the prizes with the main game winnings). The player may purchase the prize and take whatever money accumulated from 10 In a Row. This means that the first prize will no longer just be an automatic no. If a player wins $60K in Ten in a Row, that small prize looks more tempting. Same with later prizes. Obviously the prizes get larger, with trips, cars, etc. They will not play 10 in a Row when they reach the level of all the prizes. The final level is all the prizes, plus $500,000 cash (No Bullion here!), plus the money won in 10 in a Row.
I know, it's a lot of money, but if the Australians can do it, why can't we?!

David

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
My Sale
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2006, 09:39:46 PM »
Somebody else can take the issue of the actual figures involved, but you're creating a situation where somebody can run up the jackpot (or possibly more) before they get there, removing the temptation down the line. Plus, I personally would not be willing to risk two days worth of 10 in a Row if I did decently well just so I could nab a few high-end prizes. You may call this intrigue, I call it "a waste of all the prizes in the upper tiers."

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

rebelwrest

My Sale
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2006, 10:58:14 PM »
I should have clarified this, this is a bonus game before the shopping end game.  The money on the board is added to the players score money.  For example is a player has $500 and needs $540 to buy the car the contestant can hit the $50 and buy the car at that point.  The game was designed to give contestants who won the game a chance at some extra shopping money, and maybe get to the jackpot faster.

The other version of this would have been whatever was picked off the board would be added to the cash jackpot.  Three spots being $2,000, one being $5,000, and one being $10,000.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

gsgalaxy82

My Sale
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2006, 10:24:17 AM »
I should've also clarified that with an incorrect answer, the players ladder "resets" back $0. I was unaware of a rule change the Australian version had made, where they don't have that anymore. As for your points Jason, as I told you via AIM, the point is to kind of discourage players from going on...to an extent. The problem with the old version was, if they won a game, it was usually an automatic no if they wanted the first prize. But with a $60,000 "bribe" almost, a player could decide "Yeah I'll leave." But there's still enough to make them want to keep going if they so desire, because there's $500,000 cash at the end of the "rainbow" per se.

David

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
My Sale
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2006, 10:38:31 AM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'114858\' date=\'Mar 31 2006, 07:24 AM\']
As for your points Jason, as I told you via AIM, the point is to kind of discourage players from going on...to an extent.
[/quote]
But as a producer, you don't want that. You WANT people going on, for two reasons: one, the continuity of a returning champion (and especially one who looks like he might be heading for a big payday) helps retain viewers (something GSN finally seems to be figuring out), and two, having players risk their prizes to come back saves you a BUNDLE in cash and prizes that you don't have to give away.

This, of course, doesn't stop the Mo' Money crowd, who bounces up and down in their chairs so long as someone can bolt with a big wad o' cash. It also proves why they will never work in the business.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 10:39:13 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gsgalaxy82

My Sale
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2006, 11:39:35 AM »
Points taken Chris. But the big problem with the Perry version is it took all the excitement out from early wins. If a player won their first game, they never stopped. IIRC, only once when they offered a motorcycle did anyone stop. It gives them more incentive to stop As for the money, the only reason I used the values I used was because the Australian version uses those. The only difference is that version offers $500,000 in gold bullion and this one would be all cash.

David

zachhoran

My Sale
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2006, 11:48:40 AM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'114867\' date=\'Mar 31 2006, 11:39 AM\']
Points taken Chris. But the big problem with the Perry version is it took all the excitement out from early wins. If a player won their first game, they never stopped. IIRC, only once when they offered a motorcycle did anyone stop.

David
[/quote]

They didn't stop too often on their first show. However, one week during the syndicated run saw THREE players retire on their first show with a motorcycle.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
My Sale
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2006, 12:21:15 PM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' post=\'114867\' date=\'Mar 31 2006, 08:39 AM\']
Points taken Chris. But the big problem with the Perry version is it took all the excitement out from early wins. If a player won their first game, they never stopped.
[/quote]
And my point (which despite your reply, you're clearly NOT getting, to absolutely no surprise on my part) is that this is very clearly built into the format. The excitement of an early win is not in what the new champion might do on the other side of those doors, it's in the PREVIOUS champion being dethroned.

Now, if you choose to call that a "problem", then that's certainly your option. But some of us actually do watch game shows for the engaging gameplay, and don't really care whether assloads of money are given away on every show.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe