Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game 75  (Read 4607 times)

whewfan

Match Game 75
« on: August 29, 2003, 08:39:31 PM »
And I didn't tape it! GSN aired the week with Leslie Neilson, which was skipped last time around.
If anyone did tape that week, email me!

melman1

Match Game 75
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 08:50:11 PM »
No... they just aired the last show of that week today.  

Yesterday's show was the last show of the week with Bob Barker, although they didn't announce the panel for the upcoming week, probably due to time...
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

PeterMarshallFan

Match Game 75
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 08:54:27 PM »
Maybe it was aired by mistake. We know how those chimps at GSN operate....

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Match Game 75
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 08:57:01 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 05:50 PM\'] Yesterday's show was the last show of the week with Bob Barker, although they didn't announce the panel for the upcoming week, probably due to time... [/quote]
 Are you quite sure about that? I don't watch MG often, but yesterday I took a burnout day off of work, so I had GSN on when it was on, and I remember Gene doing the \"Next time you'll see these goofballs\" spiel. It always sticks in my head when I see it becuse the post-production edit where they edit in the stars from next week is so horrifyingly bad :) The top row was Jimmie Walker - Brett - Gary Burghoff, and the Fannie Flagg chair was Joyce Bulifant.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

melman1

Match Game 75
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 09:32:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 05:57 PM\'] Are you quite sure about that? [/quote]
 Maybe not... but I am sure that the last day of the Leslie Nielsen week was aired today...

MikeK

• Martha!
Match Game 75
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 09:49:37 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 07:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 05:50 PM\'] Yesterday's show was the last show of the week with Bob Barker, although they didn't announce the panel for the upcoming week, probably due to time... [/quote]
Are you quite sure about that? I don't watch MG often, but yesterday I took a burnout day off of work, so I had GSN on when it was on, and I remember Gene doing the "Next time you'll see these goofballs" spiel. It always sticks in my head when I see it becuse the post-production edit where they edit in the stars from next week is so horrifyingly bad :) The top row was Jimmie Walker - Brett - Gary Burghoff, and the Fannie Flagg chair was Joyce Bulifant. [/quote]
 The panel for the following week was shown on the Thurs. 8/28 MG 75.  I've been following MG 75 for the past few weeks because I wanted to see if they'd air the week with Jimmie Walker et al., which GSN has never shown.  I was hoping at least the Monday ep. from the Walker week would air; I was born on 3/3/75, the date that ep. aired. :-/

melman1

Match Game 75
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 11:52:03 PM »
Just checked my tape from Thursday... yes indeed, the panel for the following week (Jimmie Walker, etc.) was announced.

Sorry for the confusion.  Don't know what I was thinking.

So why would they only air one episode from two full weeks of shows?  Would have made more sense to me to skip the entire two weeks if it was a contractual problem or some bad tapes.

ChuckNet

Match Game 75
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2003, 01:18:15 PM »
Maybe not... but I am sure that the last day of the Leslie Nielsen week was aired today.

And I meant to set my VCR for Fri's show on the off-chance that it would be an ep that GSN hadn't aired yet, but forgot...AGTOT?

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

JohnXXVII

Match Game 75
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 03:43:04 PM »
GSN skipped 9 episodes of MG 75, the entire week with Jimmie Walker, BS, GB, Lee Meriwether, RD, JB and 4 episodes with Leslie Nielsen, BS, GB, PD, RD, MW, airing only the last one.

For the Goodson-Todman library, the digital master tapes that GSN uses to broadcast contain 3 episodes each.  That these 9 episodes were skipped means that, for whatever reason, the 3 digital master tapes with those shows aren't available. (Whenever GSN skips episodes of MG, it's usually done in multiples of 3.)

In any event, I've heard that one of the nine episodes skipped featured Johnny Olson sitting in for Gary Burghoff. Anyone have any further info or recollections on this?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 03:49:17 PM by JohnXXVII »