Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New host for Family Feud  (Read 14890 times)

The Pyramids

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 07:36:36 PM »
O'Hurley did appear with Dawson the Great. It was a soap opera show. I don't recall if it was network or syndicated but I think it was in the last 400-point season.

cmjb13

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 08:07:02 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'114447\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 11:53 AM\']
Fremantle... the most wonderful company in the world, soon to make a major announcement about that great stage production, TPiR-Live
[/quote]
TPIR LIVE opening at Bally's Las Vegas starting April 25? (per Todd's website)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 08:15:16 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Brandon Brooks

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 08:59:06 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'114513\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 05:26 PM\']
I hope that there will be a little more money avilable to contestants than normal.
[/quote]
You and people like you are so damn annoying with this mo' money syndrome crap.  A potential $100,000 payout ain't cheap.

Why do I bother...

Brandon Brooks

BrandonFG

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 09:07:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'114530\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 07:36 PM\']
O'Hurley did appear with Dawson the Great. It was a soap opera show. I don't recall if it was network or syndicated but I think it was in the last 400-point season.
[/quote]
"The Edge of Night", which was an ABC show by that point (was on CBS before).

As for picking up O'Hurley, nice move. He has that wit that Dawson had in his early years, and the plus is that I just can't see him Doubling The Points ©. :-)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:08:45 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 09:07:45 PM »
Hopefully, for the upcoming '06-'07-O'Hurley season, they will ease up on the "Tilt-A-Whirl" camera shots...Better yet, ELIMINATE them!

As far as the timing of the announcement, would that be a safe assumption to say that Fremantle's announcement came on the heels of Feud taping it's last show of the season?  

One thing I'd love to see Feud do (if not the Fast Money round, than at least to replace the 'eggcrate' displays) is to incorporate the new high-intensity LED light technology into the set.  

For those who aren't familiar with the new generation LED's, they are way brighter than regular incandescent lighting or old school LED's (which is why you see more traffic lights being retrofitted with them -- bright as hell but use less energy).  And thanks to companies like Daktronics, you can make creative multi-color boards/displays.

And yes, I would love to hear the dulcet tones of Mr. West doing the announcing for Feud as well. ;-)

BrandonFG

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 09:10:27 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'114513\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 06:26 PM\']
Are you guys sure this is for the TV show and not for the same-name live road show?
[/quote]
1. Randy West is one of the most credible sources on this board, so I'm pretty sure he knows what the hell he's talking about.

(Check's in the mail, Randy! ;-) )

2. Did you even bother to check the press release from one of the links?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

DrJWJustice

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »
I thought John did a great job on TTTT, and I look forward to seeing the show going back (I hope) to what it's supposed to be.  I'm also for Randy taking over the announcer's podium!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
New host for Family Feud
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2006, 02:42:39 AM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'114514\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 05:40 PM\']
How about looking in the post before you unleash yourself upon us.
[/quote]
Too late.
[quote name=\'megamanj2004\']And if the family wins the Fast Money, then they should play a mini bonus round similar to what they do on the Spanish version. Play one extra question and they have to get all the answers in one big sweep! If they get them in one sweep, they could win a grand total of $50,000!!![/quote]
How about....no.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2006, 06:08:07 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'114543\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 09:07 PM\']
As far as the timing of the announcement, would that be a safe assumption to say that Fremantle's announcement came on the heels of Feud taping it's last show of the season?  
[/quote]
I believe they haven't taped in at least a month
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

whewfan

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2006, 06:32:55 AM »
I also think this is a good move. Richard Karn... he was likeable, and he could be funny, but he also missed SEVERAL opportunities to quip about the bad answers. Also, it seems his shows have been "routine". I mean, how many times has Richard said "drawing first blood".

I noticed when they switched back to the 300 point format, Richard was actually interacting with some members of the family before introducing the next family, but this interaction seemed... stilted. Also, there were many noticeable edits. So, they pretty much had Richard just introduce the families, and immediately introduce the second family.

For me, a good host knows how to stretch when there's extra time, and Richard just didn't cut it in that area.
This may be why they cut to commercial after the first half of fast money if the game was won in 3 rounds.

I don't think they'll keep the DOUBLE THE POINTS thing, but one thing I hope they wouldn't do is take advantage of John's resonant voice and put an echo in it when he announces the dollar values are doubled.
Another bad move would be to insert graphics a la WOF.... Family Feud doesn't really need extra glitz, just a host that can be consistently funny and knows how to interact with people.

As for "going back to the old set"... dream on. I mean, they might do a reasonably good re-creation of the classic set, with some modern elements, but they need to keep the computerized survey board. The days of manually changing the answers and manually flipping the answers are gone.

BrandonFG

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2006, 06:58:04 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'114600\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 06:32 AM\']As for "going back to the old set"... dream on. I mean, they might do a reasonably good re-creation of the classic set, with some modern elements, but they need to keep the computerized survey board. The days of manually changing the answers and manually flipping the answers are gone.
[/quote]
(light bulb)
What's the odds that they actually use the Game Show Marathon set? I'm willing to put $20 on it!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 06:58:40 AM by fostergray82 »

tvwxman

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2006, 07:30:47 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'114601\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 06:58 AM\']
(light bulb)
What's the odds that they actually use the Game Show Marathon set? I'm willing to put $20 on it!
[/quote]
I'll take $20 to say you're completely wrong.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2006, 07:35:33 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'114604\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 07:30 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'114601\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 06:58 AM\']
(light bulb)
[/quote]
I'll take $20 to say you're completely wrong.
[/quote]
Just a passing thought. Made sense to me, considering some of the stuff from the article. But oh well... (puts money back in wallet)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 07:36:59 AM by fostergray82 »

zachhoran

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2006, 07:44:34 AM »
Wonder if Fremantle will offer Karn a shot at hosting Family Feud Live, which starts Sunday at Showboat-Atlantic City and eventually might turn up in Vegas or wherever? As per the At The Shore newspaper serving South Jersey, AC is the first venue for Feud live.

Clay Zambo

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2006, 09:00:13 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' post=\'114606\' date=\'Mar 29 2006, 07:44 AM\']
Wonder if Fremantle will offer Karn a shot at hosting Family Feud Live...?
[/quote]

Seems like a bit of a demotion.
czambo@mac.com