Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New host for Family Feud  (Read 14884 times)

tvrandywest

New host for Family Feud
« on: March 28, 2006, 11:53:19 AM »
Fremantle... the most wonderful company in the world, soon to make a major announcement about that great stage production, TPiR-Live [color=\"#999999\"];-)[/color]... announces that John O'Hurley will step in as the new host of "Family Feud" as the show celebrates it's 30th year with a new set and new look.

I'm sure the press release will be printed soon, and somebody will be able to provide a link. Although Fremantle has made the announcement, I haven't yet found it online.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:55:52 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

aaron sica

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:55:23 AM »
Cue "I hope they bring back the original set" in 3.........2...........1........

Jimmy Owen

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 12:04:03 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'114448\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 11:55 AM\']
Cue "I hope they bring back the original set" in 3.........2...........1........
[/quote]

Well, they are rebuilding it for the CBS special, why not?

I like John O'Hurley and look forward to the new season.  Maybe my "Feud" station will be more inclined to air the show.  Right now, it is scheduled in daytime, but more often than not gets preempted for a last-minute infomercial.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 09:20:39 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:09:53 PM »
Tremendously good news. Rich Karn, in 3 words, Wasn't. Cutting. It.

But I gotta opine : the show has become so damned homogenized, you could put anyone in there to host and it wouldn't matter. The show needs someone to take control of the reins and make the Feud 'their own'.... it worked for Dawson, it worked for Combs, it has not worked since.

Congrats to O'hurley though...a good guy in person!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
New host for Family Feud
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »
I thought Randy was springing an April Fools joke a bit early, but a quick Google News search turns up a link.

Press Release

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Neumms

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:39:44 PM »
O'Hurley seems a little. . . I don't know, sophisticated for the Feud. He's terrific, but he doesn't seem down home, which the show kind of needs. Dawson wasn't exactly down home either, but he was willing to kiss everyone.

Congrats to John on the gig, though.

tvmitch

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 12:40:53 PM »
Had a week recently when I was working later in the day and woke up to a double dose of Feud every morning...Richard's shtick got old pretty quick over that week. I think he was actually better in the beginning. A facelift will be great for the show, and I think O'Hurley is a fantastic emcee choice.

As for the set redesign, all for it. We've basically had the same set since Louie.
You should follow me on Twitter

aaron sica

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 12:42:45 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'114454\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 12:40 PM\']

As for the set redesign, all for it. We've basically had the same set since Louie.
[/quote]

I'm all for it, too. I didn't mean to imply with my comment that we shouldn't go back to the original, but come up with something that is a refreshing change to something that hasn't been touched too much since '99.

Brandon Brooks

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 12:43:33 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'114447\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 10:53 AM\']
Fremantle... the most wonderful company in the world, soon to make a major announcement about that great stage production, TPiR-Live [color=\"#999999\"];-)[/color]... announces that John O'Hurley will step in as the new host of "Family Feud" as the show celebrates it's 30th year with a new set and new look.
[/quote]
Hallelujah.  Randy, I love you...  in an "I love a game announcer" way.

I do hope they look at Bert's Family Feud as a model.

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:45:58 PM by Brandon Brooks »

tvrandywest

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' post=\'114456\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 09:43 AM\']
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'114447\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 10:53 AM\'] Fremantle... the most wonderful company in the world, soon to make a major announcement about that great stage production, TPiR-Live [color=\"#999999\"];-)[/color]... announces that John O'Hurley will step in as the new host of "Family Feud" as the show celebrates it's 30th year with a new set and new look.
[/quote]
Hallelujah.  Randy, I love you...  in an "I love a game announcer" way.
[/quote]
And the feeling is mutual!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

FOXSportsFan

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 01:01:49 PM »
Very very VERY cool!!!  I thought John was great on TTTT, and I know he'll be solid on the Feud.  Here's hoping Karn doesn't come to AC though...here's hoping Randy does again ASAP.

tvwxman

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 01:02:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' post=\'114456\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 12:43 PM\']
I do hope they look at Bert's Family Feud as a model.
[/quote]

That was the first thing I thought of, too....Seeing how slick the show can be, with fresher gfx and set, i'm curious to see what they'll do in terms of 'duplicating' what goes on Down Under...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
New host for Family Feud
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 01:23:55 PM »
Karn was "alright"...but John??? Hmmmmmmmm, I highly anticipate what's going to happen.

Don Howard

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 01:32:50 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'114447\' date=\'Mar 28 2006, 11:53 AM\']
[/quote]
How about a new announcer? You, perhaps? Wheat, prepare for creaming.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 01:33:06 PM by Don Howard »

DrBear

New host for Family Feud
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »
But will John still DOUBLE THE POINTS!!!1!

Seriously, if he does half as good at this as he did with TTTT2K (and let us not forget the Celebrity Spelling Bee), they've made an excellent choice. I thought Richard did a pretty good job, but he never seemed to improve in it. (Of course after Louie, darn near anybody would have been an improvement.)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.