Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Split Screens worsening...  (Read 7600 times)

Kevin Prather

Split Screens worsening...
« on: August 28, 2003, 11:00:43 PM »
I think it started today, or it may have been yesterday...

Now the split screens at the end of programs show the commercials much larger than before, with the show scrunched up more in the right.

Also today, during Whammy!, the split screen contained not one, but TWO commercials! a long one for NLFM and a short one for Cram.

Personally, I'd rather hear about Turtle Wax than watch a long commercial with Icey talking about 555-CRAM. I really think that commercial is a bust. I always knew this sort of thing would balloon into something bigger. It could really create cleavage between GSN and some viewers, who would rather keep abreast on who helped support our favorite show. Those boobs over at GSN are personally getting on my nerves. If they knocked it off, they could make some real bosom buddies. but at the risk of sounding like a total fart knocker, I'll end my rant here.

I know there are going to be people here who will say \"Who cares? Shut up!\" But i know there are some people here who agree with me that this is getting crazy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 11:03:05 PM by whoserman »

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 11:57:35 PM »
My friend, may I suggest going into the glorious world of tape trading? At least in that endeavor, you can get what you want. I had just about given up on GSN becasue of things like this. Something may tickle our fancies soon, but for now, screw it. Like many others before them, they have catered to the mindless drones who will watch ANYTHING.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 12:03:20 AM »
well, lets not go too far. GSN isn't unwatchable. I just think the splitscreen is annoying. and i sure as hell ain't going into tape trading. do you have any idea how easy it is to get screwed with that? you send them a video, and you never get a video in return? or you get a blank tape in return?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 01:25:41 AM »
i sure as hell ain't going into tape trading. do you have any idea how easy it is to get screwed with that? you send them a video, and you never get a video in return? or you get a blank tape in return?
While that is always a possibility, it's a very small one and most trades are very pleasant experiences.  Your extreme worst-case attitude is a little like saying you'll never drive a car because it's easy to get into an accident.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

J.R.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 07:57:27 AM »
Lets see:

Number of Succesfull Trades: Over 50
Numbre of Screwed Trades: Zero

Not all traders are Dirty Rotten Cheaters (rimshot). But after the way you insulted every legit trader out there, I doubt you'll ever get any requests anyway.

Next time, watch what you say.
-Joe R.

(PS: Did you know trading is the only way to watch shows like \"$ale\", \"$1MCoaL\", \"Davidson HS\", \"Classic Concentration\", etc.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 07:58:38 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 11:30:09 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 04:57 AM\'] But after the way you insulted every legit trader out there, I doubt you'll ever get any requests anyway.
 [/quote]
 If anyone took what whoserman said personally enough to immediately write off the possibility of trading with him based on that alone, then they need to get out more. All I saw was his (for the most part unfounded, but that's for him to get past)concerns about getting screwed on a tape trade, there was nothing there that could be taken as an insult by anyone with an ounce of reason.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 02:20:46 PM »
i didn't mean it as an insult. i'm sorry if it was taken that way by anyone.

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2003, 03:24:51 PM »
It is not your fault, whoserman. I can understand your being adamant about doing something like this. I was the same way. What I say to this is that you make sure you know the people with whom you are trading. I trust the people on this board enough to trade and commisserate (sp.?) with them whenever they need me. It can be a fun and rewarding process.

I also understand why Mr. Raygor was so passionate about the subject. He has had 50 successful trades with many people (2 with me!). So, I can understand his take on it, though it was a bit strong.

So, my friends, come on. No hard feelings, okay?

Going back on topic, I just wish that GSN did not cater to a crowd by using such smutty methods as the ones I have seen in the Cram promos. There are so many innuendos, I do not know where to begin. No, GSN is not unwatchable. However, using methods that have made MTV and the former TNN (Spike TV, ugh) such crappy cesspools can turn off the more sophisticated viewers. Also, I like my Pyramid signoffs! More music, less promo! :)

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

J.R.

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2003, 03:47:37 PM »
I appoligize. Sorta jumped the gun there. Truce ?

You wanna see passionate ? Lets talk politics !

Which brings me to my proposal \"The Poitics Game\" with Bob Goen. First... uh, nevermind. Got carried away again !

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2003, 08:40:16 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 11:20 AM\'] i didn't mean it as an insult. i'm sorry if it was taken that way by anyone. [/quote]
You have not a thing to apologize for.

But it appears all appropriate hatchets have been buried, so it's all good.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 08:41:06 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GS Warehouse

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2003, 10:03:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 07:40 PM\'] But it appears all appropriate hatchets have been buried, so it's all good. [/quote]
 Yeah, I'm all for directing our anger toward Madison Avenue, because all of this is their fault.

Winkfan

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2003, 10:29:55 PM »
('sarcasm meter' on) Criminy, what's next? 'Voiceovers' at the end of every show on B&WO? Oh wait, they're doing THAT already. ('sarcasm meter' off)

Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that George DeWitt is interrupting the closing theme to What's My Line by telling us to watch Name That Tune 'tomorrow (Monday) night on most of these (CBS) stations.' You know something, it's about as close as we're gonna get to having George make his presence felt on GSN.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Emily Banks of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: August 31, 2003, 04:51:30 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Don Howard

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2003, 09:47:01 PM »
Speaking of which, has anyone else noticed that George DeWitt is interrupting the closing theme to What's My Line by telling us to watch Name That Tune 'tomorrow (Monday) night on most of these (CBS) stations.'

Yeah, that's neat. I've wondered what he sounded like. Ah, the subtle promos of a bygone era.

HSquares2003

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2003, 10:42:14 PM »
The most humorous GSN split screen fiasco is when they cut off THEIR promo on the Jeopardy(about all game all day that they used to run on J! in '97) to air NEW promos. What a farce and a good laugh I get when I see their stupidity!