Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN tributes: preference of shows  (Read 1938 times)

Jay Temple

GSN tributes: preference of shows
« on: March 24, 2006, 01:57:01 AM »
This was inspired by the thread about GSN's tribute to Maureen Stapleton, but it's not really about that particular marathon. Does anyone else, on hearing that GSN is saluting someone, hope that they did Password at some point? Nothing against WML, but it's on every night, and a Mystery Guest appearance only accounts for a small part of the show.

If I were in charge of putting together a tribute to a hypothetical celebrity, I would only choose Mystery Guest appearances and guest shots on IGAS (like Alan King during the Oscar special) if nothing else was around.

Generally, I would prefer:

as many different shows as possible

a big payoff or a well-played game
The biggest thing I can imagine that GSN has would be a $100K tournament win. At the opposite extreme, ISTR that Betty White did not fare well on the P+ ep that was part of "A Betty White Christmas."

a show where celebs are paired with contestants
over panel shows
over other celeb-based shows, the fewer celebs per show, the better

an ordinary celeb-based show over a charity version of a show that normally has civilians
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 01:57:44 AM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 02:57:44 AM »
In many cases, WML? may be all they have.  I think GSN should have a designated slot, maybe Saturday at 8 where tributes would air weekly, and if there are no noteworthy passings that week, they could mark the birthdate of a deceased performer. That way the regular schedule would be undisturbed and the tribute would be at a reasonable time.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:02:18 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Allstar87

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:05:48 PM »
Generally I don't mind what shows they use as a tribute; As long as they're able to do it it's fine with me.

Although I do have to admit I like it when they show a Beat The Clock from the Narz/Wood era, just because those are so rarely seen.

Gamer

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 02:48:45 AM »
It's a shame that it takes somebody dying for GSN to show some of those rare episodes they have in their collection.