Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WoF Curiosity  (Read 958 times)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
WoF Curiosity
« on: March 16, 2006, 04:30:50 PM »
Throughout the shopping years, a contestant would buy some jewelry or other sort of too-expensive-for-what-it-is item and the plug would start:

"With your [insert Gucci/Tiffany/etc] gift certificate, you can select this [prize in question]..."

...before continuing with a descrip. of the prize and its retail value, which was subsequently the value of the gift certificate. There were even extra wheel prizes that used the same idea; despite the wedge reading whatever the item being described was, they were awarded a gift certificate.

If I had to guess, I'd say it was the show admitting the items were overpriced junk and offering the contestant a chance to merely select it specifcally from that manufacturer. Does anyone know the reason for certain?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WoF Curiosity
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 04:40:48 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 16 2006, 01:30 PM\']If I had to guess, I'd say it was the show admitting the items were overpriced junk and offering the contestant a chance to merely select it specifcally from that manufacturer. Does anyone know the reason for certain?
[/quote]
Because it's far far easier for a schlockmeister to convince a company to cough up a gift certificate than it is an actual stock item?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe