The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN: End-of-show Up Next promos

(1/3) > >>

Robair:
As of Thursday (28), by my figuring, the end-of-show promos that play over closing credits have gotten bigger, and the main episode image has been squashed even further into the side of the screen.

And effective this day, more than one of them can play at a time, thus leaving more of the end crediting obscured. Most of the CS episodes I saw today have two at the end. GSN's strategy is likely going to be to fill up as much of this space as possible.

Jimmy Owen:
(Tongue in cheek idea coming) Why not eliminate all end credits and fulfill any obligations by putting the credits within the show all through the show.  Five minutes into the show just start supering the crew names one at a time.  The crew's family will see the name and viewers will become conditioned to know credits are not a cue to change the channel.  We've gotten used to bugs, we could get used to this.  Plus we have an extra :30 for promotion.

Ian Wallis:
Why is it that every change GSN makes is for the WORSE -- at least for people like us.  Oh well...

zachhoran:
Fee plugs 1/4 of the screen size with a GSN promo over it is better than no showing of the fee plugs, and they're showing the fee plugs more now than they once did(particularly on the 1985 episodes of PYL versus the 1984 episodes)

GS Warehouse:
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 29 2003, 08:08 AM\'] Fee plugs 1/4 of the screen size with a GSN promo over it is better than no showing of the fee plugs, and they're showing the fee plugs more now than they once did(particularly on the 1985 episodes of PYL versus the 1984 episodes) [/quote]
 Has it ever occurred to you that today's average casual TV viewer is stupid enough to try to buy a product that no longer exists?  I don't think they make Today's Girl pantyhose anymore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version