Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "What's My Line" without lines?  (Read 1964 times)

Jimmy Owen

"What's My Line" without lines?
« on: March 13, 2006, 07:16:24 PM »
Since they are not being shown now for the most part, I was thinking if GSN edited the old 70's WML?s to only show the appearance of the mystery guests, would that make it more apt to be viewed by today's audience.  For example, open with the Monday show intro, then go to the five mystery guests for the week in succession.  

This would make for a compact half-hour with star power. The drawback is you wouldn't see Arlene's eyes very often.

I want to make clear that this proposal is for the Bruner/Blyden shows only.  Tampering with the Daly shows would be akin to putting a moustache on the Mona Lisa.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 07:43:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 13 2006, 07:16 PM\']
This would make for a compact half-hour with star power. The drawback is you wouldn't see Arlene's eyes very often.

[snapback]112711[/snapback]
[/quote]

They didn't have A-list mystery guests, even for the time, on every single episode.
Might as well just show the full episodes of Syndie WML. GSN could be brave and throw them in a late night time slot, perhaps before B&W overnight, but we'll see if they don't.

FeudDude

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 08:10:23 PM »
I really don't see why they couldn't put this, along with Moore/Garagiola TTTT, in a morning slot.  But I suppose a pre-B&WO slot could work as well.  Or heck, since it seems like they're now having the same shows on B&WO seven days a week, maybe they could just do away with B&WO on weekends in favor of a late-60s/70s WML/TTTT block.

And I'm sorry, but I don't think any good would come out of editing the shows like that.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 11:35:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 13 2006, 08:16 PM\']Since they are not being shown now for the most part, I was thinking if GSN edited the old 70's WML?s to only show the appearance of the mystery guests, would that make it more apt to be viewed by today's audience.  For example, open with the Monday show intro, then go to the five mystery guests for the week in succession. [/quote]
That's an intriguing way to repurpose library product.  Too bad GSN doesn't really care about those shows enough to even consider it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 12:06:40 AM »
You'd have to change the show to "What's My Face?" wouldn't you?