Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Today show 3/10  (Read 1447 times)

zachhoran

Today show 3/10
« on: March 10, 2006, 07:34:54 AM »
During the 7:30 EST half hour of today's Today Show, Katie Couric has announced there'll be a segment on how watching game shows can help you manage money. It largely focused on financial people who analyzed game shows and risk takers for the past 10 years. Clips from DOND were shown, logical because of NBC, and a few sushi-bar set era clips of J! were shown with wagers being analyzed.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 07:54:37 AM by zachhoran »

Jeremy Nelson

Today show 3/10
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 12:56:10 PM »
The Wall Street Journal did that a couple months ago during the first wave of Deal shows. It was a pretty intersting article.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Matt Ottinger

Today show 3/10
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
People whose intelligence I respect are finding the DoND model fascinating.  Even those who aren't necessarily fans of the show are fascinated by the concepts at work.  Much like the Monty Hall Problem (but infinitely more complicated), math freaks and human behaviorists both are having a field day with this.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

Today show 3/10
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 02:18:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 10 2006, 12:02 PM\']People whose intelligence I respect are finding the DoND model fascinating.  Even those who aren't necessarily fans of the show are fascinated by the concepts at work.  Much like the Monty Hall Problem (but infinitely more complicated), math freaks and human behaviorists both are having a field day with this.
[snapback]112399[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't know if these have been posted elsewhere here, but NPR's done *two* stories in the last ten days on "DOND" strategies and theories--Here's one from last Friday's "All Things Considered," which I've heard:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5244516

And one from the same day's "Day by Day," which I haven't heard:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5243893

Your choice, Real or WMP.