The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Blackout, Shmackout: Where's Gary?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jimmy Owen:
Have any of the \"professional contestants\" filed for the governor's race?  Might be a good opportunity for more face time.

Ian Wallis:

--- Quote ---I don't see this money they're apparently making going anywhere you claim it's going, instead to ridiculous marathons of 19-episode wonders and other shows that only failed 3 years ago, plus inispid specials like this.
--- End quote ---

I'll echo those statements.  I can't understand why they keep buying recent failures, when they have so much in the \"vault\" that is way better.  What's next for GSN - \"Winning Lines\"?

Matt Ottinger:
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 10:11 AM\']
--- Quote ---I don't see this money they're apparently making going anywhere you claim it's going, instead to ridiculous marathons of 19-episode wonders and other shows that only failed 3 years ago, plus inispid specials like this.
--- End quote ---

I'll echo those statements.  I can't understand why they keep buying recent failures, when they have so much in the "vault" that is way better.  What's next for GSN - "Winning Lines"? [/quote]
 This is just so mind-blowingly simple that I don't know why we have to say it over and over.  WE like the classics.  WE want to see more reruns of older shows.  WE get a kick out of forgotten or neglected shows because WE have an interest in this genre and its history.

WE number a few hundred people, and that's just not going to cut it for GSN.

I promise you that as fans themselves, Cronin and Boden and whoever else is making the decisions around there know perfectly well that there are \"better\" shows they could be running.  But those shows just don't draw a significant enough audience.  A larger audience will tune in to something more contemporary, even if that something is 21 or Weakest Link.  GSN is not running a museum.

And I don't know who's telling you that GSN is making \"pots of money\" for the purpose of buying more classics, but that's just laughable.  GSN might decide they want to pursue some classic packages or they might not (recent evidence would suggest not), and of course it's always better to have more money than it is to have less money, but those two things are virtually unrelated.

PeterMarshallFan:
I just got a bizarre idea from the promo---notice a significant chunk of it is regurgitated from an old FoF commercial [the \"Vote for Kennedy\" one] One is lead to wonder, were they planning something similar to this before the CA mess flared up?

clemon79:
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Aug 28 2003, 05:10 PM\'] One is lead to wonder, were they planning something similar to this before the CA mess flared up? [/quote]
 No.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version