Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rich Fields' prior GS experience  (Read 2339 times)

ChuckNet

Rich Fields' prior GS experience
« on: March 13, 2004, 09:54:34 PM »
Prior to his recent TPiR gig, he was the announcer for the Florida lottery GS, Flamingo Fortune...while watching an ep tonight, I did a double take when the announcer ended w/"This is Rich Fields..." and rewound my tape back to that spot to check, w/the CCs confirming it on the replay.

Just thought I'd share that. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

MaryM7643

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 10:41:11 PM »
I sure hope Rich gets the announcing job for The Price Is Right. He is great!

Timsterino

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 03:33:17 PM »
[quote name=\'MaryM7643\' date=\'Mar 13 2004, 11:41 PM\'] I sure hope Rich gets the announcing job for The Price Is Right. He is great! [/quote]
I am pulling for our friend Randy to get the gig. Besides the bias that I have, I think he is the best of the bunch (that we have heard thus far).

I remember Rich from Flamingo Fortune. Boy, did I ever try to get on that show. Cost me lots of money. LOL.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 03:34:27 PM by Timsterino »

Jamey Greek

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 07:33:55 PM »
I also remember that show vividly as well.  I remember when I was in 4th grade in 1995, when it premiered.  I watched it the premiere evening.  Then when I came to Orlando to live peremantly (I was visiting my father during premiere evening) I watched it every Saturday night, it aired on WCPX (Now WKMG) TV Channel 6 which was the lottery's affailiate then.  Every Saturday night at 7:30 after Hard Copy.  With a repeat at 11:30 after the news.  Then it moved peremantly to 11:30 after The news.  then when the lottery moved to WOFL Fox 35, it was on at 10:30. or 11:30 I can hardly remember (it was in 1998)  I loved that show.  I wanted to go on there but I was too young (Thank god I am almost 18!)

radioboy949

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 07:42:09 PM »
I know Rich Fields and worked with him in Tampa, Florida in radio back in the 1990's.  He was an on-air talent for CBS Radio's various format incarnations (KKHR/KNX-FM/KODJ/KCBS) on 93.1 FM in Los Angeles for about a decade or so.  He is truly a talented broadcaster, he has a great voice, and he's a fun guy too.  Lord knows we spent some nights out on the town in Tampa Bay back in the day.  He's been in Palm Springs, California as a TV meteorologist for the last couple of years since leaving Tampa Bay, and I know that he was always hoping to get back to Los Angeles to try his luck in television.  I am so happy to see that he got this opportunity to apply for a gig he'd absolutely be perfect for.  I wish Rich all the best in this endeavor.  Another Rich Fields game show tidbit for ya, he auditioned for the role of host for Card Sharks in the 80s.  Bill Rafferty got the gig, but Richie held his own and would make a great game show host.

Here is Rich's home on the web: http://www.richfields.tv

Jack Shell
http://www.jackshell.com

MaryM7643

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 08:08:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Mar 14 2004, 03:33 PM\']I am pulling for our friend Randy to get the gig. Besides the bias that I have, I think he is the best of the bunch (that we have heard thus far).

[/quote]
I like Randy West also, it's just that I don't think his voice is fit for The Price Is Right.

He does a wonderful job on Supermarket Sweep I hope Pax decides to  make new episodes in the near future.

trainman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 09:57:22 PM »
[quote name=\'radioboy949\' date=\'Mar 14 2004, 04:42 PM\'] Lord knows we spent some nights out on the town in Tampa Bay back in the day. [/quote]
 Must have been some pretty wet nights if you were in Tampa Bay!

What radio stations did Rich Fields work at?  The name sounds familiar, but since I don't watch TPIR regularly, I haven't heard him there.
trainman is a man of trains

ChuckNet

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2004, 05:28:07 PM »
Here is Rich's home on the web: http://www.richfields.tv

Pretty cool site...incidentally, it mentions that in addition to Rich's announcing duties on FF, he also served as a fill-in host. Anyone remember when this was?

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby")