Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Close calls....narrow escapes.....  (Read 124080 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Re: Close calls....narrow escapes.....
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2021, 02:09:14 PM »
Re: Monday 9/13's show:

Boy, talk about letting the pressure of the clock get to you. You hit the block on thr 6th level, still have 4 seconds, and then stupidly call for the longshot blowing your one chance to win the round. I don't think he knew the answer anyway but still...

KrisW73

« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2021, 02:55:06 PM »
Re: Monday 9/13's show:

Boy, talk about letting the pressure of the clock get to you. You hit the block on thr 6th level, still have 4 seconds, and then stupidly call for the longshot blowing your one chance to win the round. I don't think he knew the answer anyway but still...

You are correct - when Tom asked in the postmortem the contestant did not give the correct answer.

Casey Buck

« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2021, 10:02:57 PM »
Archive.org not needed anymore! Randy Amasia's site is back, courtesy of Kris Lane:

http://whew.online/

Bryce L.

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2021, 10:13:32 PM »
So, tomorrow should be Pat Aiello's first appearance, right? Assuming we've all been counting right, that is.

TimK2003

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2021, 10:39:40 PM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q9ZcHqpaOquVnfLafb5Xc_-ixgUaHtaW/view?usp=sharing

For all the production sloppiness we saw in the first week and miscues, they were making up for it on this episode.

Looked like there was a near seamless edit during Annie's run on the Fun & Games board.  If you notice closely, around 24:15, looks like they took "Gossip" as an alternative answer to "Telephone" after a likely stopdown and so they picked up the round from there, starting with the bell clang.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2021, 10:23:51 AM »
This advice from the late Mr. Amasia addresses something we've been discussing lately:

If you’ve solved a Level 5 blooper and you have at least :20 left on the clock (granted, this is highly unlikely), go for the most expensive Level 5 blooper available — remember, once you’ve solved a blooper on a level, you’re free to charge wherever you want to. It’s potential extra money.

SuperMatch93

« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2021, 10:39:26 AM »
This advice from the late Mr. Amasia addresses something we've been discussing lately:

If you’ve solved a Level 5 blooper and you have at least :20 left on the clock (granted, this is highly unlikely), go for the most expensive Level 5 blooper available — remember, once you’ve solved a blooper on a level, you’re free to charge wherever you want to. It’s potential extra money.

And not only is it extra money, you could pick up an extra second for the Gauntlet which may end up being crucial.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Bryce L.

« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2021, 04:52:46 PM »
So, tomorrow should be Pat Aiello's first appearance, right? Assuming we've all been counting right, that is.
CALLED IT!

That Don Guy

« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2021, 05:24:35 PM »

And not only is it extra money, you could pick up an extra second for the Gauntlet which may end up being crucial.

The only problem with that is, if you have at least 20 seconds left, even if you miss a Level 6 blooper and get a block, you should have enough time to solve the remaining blooper. That extra $50 is meaningless if you lose the round as a result.

That Don Guy

« Reply #159 on: September 16, 2021, 07:36:09 PM »
Unless I heard wrong, on the episode broadcast 9/15, in the Gauntlet of Villains, one of the bloopers said that Father's Day was "the second Sunday in June." Had it said "third Sunday in June," there's a chance the contestant would have gotten it right, and almost certainly would have won the $25,000.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2021, 12:01:38 PM »
The next two shows (Friday 9/17 and Monday 9/20) are shows we know all too well with our dear, departed friend Randy Amasia.

Greg and myself went down into our archive and found that we had a great copy of his first show tucked away. It had a surprise that I was actually curious to see - the 5 minute CBS Mid-Morning News that aired after Whew!

I clipped it out and put it up for everyone to see if you'd like:

https://youtu.be/wA8OLQpSLa4
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 12:14:38 PM by NickintheATL »

aaron sica

« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2021, 12:57:04 PM »
It had a surprise that I was actually curious to see - the 5 minute CBS Mid-Morning News that aired after Whew!

I clipped it out and put it up for everyone to see if you'd like:

https://youtu.be/wA8OLQpSLa4

I literally this morning was looking for any of the 5 minute news that came on after, to see what it looked like! Thanks!

Also very glad the episodes with Randy are included. It's been awhile since I've seen them. Nearly 20 years ago. Time crept up rather quickly.

Kniwt

« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2021, 03:03:43 PM »
The next two shows (Friday 9/17 and Monday 9/20) are shows we know all too well with our dear, departed friend Randy Amasia.

Anyone: Does Randy's old fanpage still exist somewhere other than Wayback? I spent a couple minutes looking without success, and then I got lazy and decided just to ask here. :)

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2021, 03:09:44 PM »

Anyone: Does Randy's old fanpage still exist somewhere other than Wayback? I spent a couple minutes looking without success, and then I got lazy and decided just to ask here. :)
The site was actually JUST relaunched this week!

Kniwt

« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2021, 03:26:01 PM »

The site was actually JUST relaunched this week!

Awesome! Thanks a bunch.