Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 95846 times)

chargeradiocom

Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2023, 08:48:53 PM »
The Redbox app now carries the Family Feud channel.
To be clear, this is not the new Feud Classic channel that’s on Vizio, despite BUZZR’s recent social media post to the contrary. This is the Steve Harvey-based channel that’s been on Roku Channel and Xumo for a while.
Mea culpa. I shouldn't believe everything I read on the Internet. :)
No worries. :) FWIW, BUZZR had in one of their social posts both that Feud Classic was coming and (same post) now available. I’m not going to drag whichever social media intern probably posted that, but hopefully that means Classic is on the way soon.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #166 on: May 25, 2023, 10:53:55 PM »
Pluto TV will be adding a 2nd Price is Right linear channel on June 1st - this time, centered on the episodes hosted by Drew Carey

Sodboy13

« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2023, 01:06:11 AM »
Per TVMoJoe, Pluto will also be adding the Classic Feud channel on the same date.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Kniwt

« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2023, 05:14:30 PM »
Pluto TV will be adding a 2nd Price is Right linear channel on June 1st - this time, centered on the episodes hosted by Drew Carey

And right now it's showing the 2010 April Fool's Day episode ("Pat, come on down"), with no advance promotion that I saw, so that presumably means it's in the rotation.

Casey Buck

« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2023, 06:59:13 PM »
Roku has added a Celebrity Name Game channel.

Kniwt

« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2023, 03:36:47 AM »
The "Xumo Game Shows" channel now includes Person Place Or Thing in its rotation, and the whole season is available on-demand.

https://play.xumo.com/networks/xumo-free-game-show-tv/99991639

Kniwt

« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2023, 05:14:11 PM »
Brought up Buzzr on Pluto TV today for the first time in a while, and I think there's been a nice change to the handling of ad breaks.

Previously, any unsold ad time was filled by that fluffy light elevator-hold music over the "We'll Be Back" animation. But now it looks like the time is filled with various Buzzr program promos (co-branded with Pluto) and generic Pluto promos.

vtown7

« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2023, 05:28:30 PM »
Brought up Buzzr on Pluto TV today for the first time in a while, and I think there's been a nice change to the handling of ad breaks.

Previously, any unsold ad time was filled by that fluffy light elevator-hold music over the "We'll Be Back" animation. But now it looks like the time is filled with various Buzzr program promos (co-branded with Pluto) and generic Pluto promos.

I used to watch Buzzr through the website before it became geo-blocked and for a reason I'm not sure I can explain I absolutely love this music.  I suspect maybe perhaps it's due to the fact that it isn't an ad?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2023, 05:53:18 PM »

I used to watch Buzzr through the website before it became geo-blocked and for a reason I'm not sure I can explain I absolutely love this music.  I suspect maybe perhaps it's due to the fact that it isn't an ad?

I got a copyright claim when I uploaded a stream for private viewing for the music. It's called Cooking with Rhythm by Alan Fagan, you can still hear it (and other of the artist's compositions) here: http://www.alanfaganmusic.com/productionmusic

vtown7

« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2023, 08:20:53 PM »

I got a copyright claim when I uploaded a stream for private viewing for the music. It's called Cooking with Rhythm by Alan Fagan, you can still hear it (and other of the artist's compositions) here: http://www.alanfaganmusic.com/productionmusic

Thanks for passing that along!  Much appreciated.  Now I've got something else to go with my multiple daily listening sessions of Definition on BonusRound.ca :)

TimK2003

« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2023, 11:07:27 PM »

Not to mention that in Pluto ad breaks, they now will run a tally in the upper right stating how many ads there will be in the break and which one are they airing now -- ie  "AD 3 OF 8".   Though you may not be able to figure out how long the break will actually be, but it helps.

They now do the same thing over on the Roku Channel breaks ‐‐ that is filling show breaks with ads and promos.  With that being said, why does Roku have to run the same Rich Eisen/Martha Stewart back-to-back promo  Every. Single. Break.

vtown7

« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2023, 08:04:41 AM »
They now do the same thing over on the Roku Channel breaks ‐‐ that is filling show breaks with ads and promos.  With that being said, why does Roku have to run the same Rich Eisen/Martha Stewart back-to-back promo  Every. Single. Break.

If I'm not mistaken, things like Roku Channel and Pluto are free, correct?  We should be so lucky we have this plethora of channels with tons of game show episodes at our finger tips.  Just sayin' is all.  :)

jdhernandez

« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2023, 07:01:34 PM »
Yeah, these are free channels here in the States. IIRC, the Roku Channel has shown Barker TPiR episodes with very limited commercial breaks in 45-minute increments instead of the 60-minute runtime on Pluto TV.

We're going to be so lucky to have these channels when this strike continues and need some good ol' fashioned winning bells.
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

rwalker

« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2023, 10:14:40 PM »
Yeah, these are free channels here in the States. IIRC, the Roku Channel has shown Barker TPiR episodes with very limited commercial breaks in 45-minute increments instead of the 60-minute runtime on Pluto TV.

We're going to be so lucky to have these channels when this strike continues and need some good ol' fashioned winning bells.
. Any idea why Roku stopped showing the episode numbers?

colonial

« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2023, 11:57:51 AM »
Pluto TV's J! channel will begin showing episodes from Ken Jennings' 75-show run this coming Monday, though it's unclear if all of the shows will be featured.

https://www.tvinsider.com/1100912/ken-jennings-jeopardy-winning-streak-pluto-tv/

JD