Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity versions of game shows (that'd didn't have a celebrity week)  (Read 2364 times)

jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
Hi, guys. I sometimes think about game shows that didn't do celebrity weeks - and one show I was thinking of yesterday was the short-lived 1999-2000 show Greed.

How would Celebrity Greed work? All I know is that, even if a contestant gets a Q wrong, they still get a designated amount for their charities.

Another idea I had for a Celebrity $ale of the Century; celebs play for viewers at home, much like its fellow Reg Grundy stablemate Scrabble did. :)

Fedya

Re: Celebrity versions of game shows (that'd didn't have a celebrity week)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 04:30:45 PM »
How would Celebrity Greed work?

It wouldn't.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

That Don Guy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 06:19:57 PM »
How would Celebrity Greed work? All I know is that, even if a contestant gets a Q wrong, they still get a designated amount for their charities.

I assume you mean "if a contestant loses a Terminator round" instead of "getting a question wrong," as if the team gets a question wrong, they end up with nothing (except for any Terminator challenge money the individual players earned).

The "obvious" answer is, there is some minimum amount each celebrity is guaranteed, like on WWTBAM.
I would put in a couple of gameplay changes; no Terminator rounds, and, after each question, each celebrity has the option to stop, the way the game actually worked with the final question.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 06:42:06 PM »
IMO, an underutilized device for celebrity contestants was having them play for studio or home audience members. If they were to have done Celebrity Greed, that feels like a better method. Just the word greed + charity money is a little icky.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 09:58:37 PM »
Were I to do it (and that's a big if) I would pattern it after the Million Dollar Moment--whoever loses the Terminator showdown wins $25,000 and the other can win whatever amount by playing a top shelf question.
Travis L. Eberle