Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ken Jennings to star in "Best Ever Trivia Show" on GSN  (Read 4835 times)

colonial

Ken Jennings to star in "Best Ever Trivia Show" on GSN
« on: April 05, 2019, 09:07:05 AM »
"Best Ever Trivia Show" will be hosted by Sherri Shepherd ... article also includes an extremely basic explanation of how the show will work ...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Sherri-Shepherd-to-Host-BEST-EVER-TRIVIA-SHOW-on-Game-Show-Network-20190404

JD

SamJ93

Re: Ken Jennings to star in "Best Ever Trivia Show" on GSN
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:54:02 PM »
As announced by Ken himself on Facebook, he will be appearing in a new show (that looks quite Chase-y) scheduled to premiere in June.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:25:53 AM »
We have a start date for this extravaganza - June 10. I wonder if Ken will be a regular on this or if this was just a one-shot appearance for him.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 11:44:13 PM »
The latest GSN promo says this will air at 4 PM ET weekdays starting June 10. All you trivia fans be there. Aloha.

BrandonFG

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

colonial

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 06:48:29 AM »
From the preview clip, the presentation comes off as a livelier version of the BBC's "Eggheads" (*) (or a friendlier take on Comedy Central's "Beat the Geeks") than it does "The Chase".

JD

(*) -- I'll admit it. I enjoy "Eggheads." I can also admit the show can induce drowsiness. Do not operate heavy machinery after watching "Eggheads."

BillCullen1

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 12:21:52 PM »
I've seen the two episodes of this aired so far. There are three trivia "experts" on each show. Ken Jennings was on both shows aired so far. There are three contestants and three rounds on each show. Each expert goes head-to-head with the contestants for one round. Questions are worth $50, $100 and $200 in the rounds, respectively. Anytime a contestant is right and an expert is wrong, the contestant gets double the money.

Winning contestant gets $1,000 and a chance to play the bonus game with one of the experts. They're both asked the same five questions. If a contestant gets more answers right than the expert, they win $10,000 and get to come back on the next show. Any contestant who wins three bonus games gets to come back on the show as a trivia expert. Besides Jennings, one of the experts on one show was Raj, who took on and defeated The Beast all by himself on "The Chase."

All questions are multiple choice. Sherri is a decent host. As of now, GSN is airing this only at 4 pm ET. They will most likely air it more often in the future.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 12:52:13 PM »
Questions are worth $50, $100 and $200 in the rounds, respectively.
Points, not dollars.

As of now, GSN is airing this only at 4 pm ET.
2 AM Eastern as well.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 12:55:15 PM »
I totally missed out on the first two days of airing--Mike, if you watched would you be so kind as to elucidate a little more about the format? If contestants can carry over does that mean that shows are airing in order?
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 01:09:49 PM »
I totally missed out on the first two days of airing--Mike, if you watched would you be so kind as to elucidate a little more about the format? If contestants can carry over does that mean that shows are airing in order?

Not sure if they're airing shows in the order taped, but if a contestant appears on multiple shows, they would have to air those shows in order.

I wonder if they taped the usual 40 shows that GSN typically does for their productions.

Allstar87

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2019, 01:10:46 AM »
My cable box shows the episode numbers. Without giving away outcomes, I can confirm they are definitely not airing them in taping order.

Today's episode (6/13/19) is listed as 1062, so they might have taped 65 episodes.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 06:08:35 PM »
My cable box shows the episode numbers. Without giving away outcomes, I can confirm they are definitely not airing them in taping order.

I think they are airing episodes with a returning champion consecutively, based on the first week.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

jage

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 10:40:56 PM »
Makes sense. It's like Millionaire, where you do need to air some of the eps in order but can move things around when there is a retired champion.

BillCullen1

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2019, 04:12:29 PM »
I am enjoying this show. Wonder who the announcer is? The credits go too quickly for me.