Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The Question Jury" going to NATPE  (Read 4327 times)

colonial

"The Question Jury" going to NATPE
« on: December 18, 2017, 09:02:58 PM »
An American version of "The Question Jury", a British quizzer that's aired two series on Channel Four since 2016, is being brought to NATPE for consideration for the 2018-19 season.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/distribution/studios-shopping-shows-ahead-natpe-2018/170722

Info on the UK version is found here. It's essentially what happens if you turned "12 Angry Men" into a quizzer ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Question_Jury

I've seen a handful of UK episodes. It's definitely presented as a "young persons" game, with plenty of reality-style elements (think "Big Brother" in a jury room). Not something I'd watch regularly, but fair and worth a recording.

Nothing yet on if any other new game shows will be brought to NATPE (not sure how "iWitness" did over the summer to warrant a full-season run), but the article mentions the potential of a lot of turnover in the syndie field for next year. Robert Irvine's talk show has already been canned, the jury's still out on Harry Connick Jr. and, oddly enough, Steve Harvey's talkers, and Jerry Springer may be contemplating retirement. (Also, the article notes that if the Sinclair-Tribune deal goes through, Sinclair may distance itself from conflict talkers like Springer and Povich).

JD

TimK2003

Re: "The Question Jury" going to NATPE
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »

...and Jerry Springer may be contemplating retirement.

Moreso contemplating running for Ohio governorship.  If that happens, it would be nearly impossible for him to appear on TV without "equal time" for his competitors.  Not sure how reruns figure into that equal time rule, though.

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 10:45:53 AM »

...and Jerry Springer may be contemplating retirement.

Moreso contemplating running for Ohio governorship.  If that happens, it would be nearly impossible for him to appear on TV without "equal time" for his competitors.  Not sure how reruns figure into that equal time rule, though.

He's already ruled it out.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 11:39:08 AM »
If that happens, it would be nearly impossible for him to appear on TV without "equal time" for his competitors.

That's adorable that you think equal time is still a thing, considering who the Cheeto-in-Chief is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Scrabbleship

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 07:33:04 PM »
If that happens, it would be nearly impossible for him to appear on TV without "equal time" for his competitors.

That's adorable that you think equal time is still a thing, considering who the Cheeto-in-Chief is.

Am I the only one who gets peeved when said Cheeto is referred to as a game show host. "The Apprentice" is not a game show and to call Cheeto a game show host is an affront to all, even Barker or Woolery.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 07:38:21 PM »
Am I the only one who gets peeved when said Cheeto is referred to as a game show host. "The Apprentice" is not a game show and to call Cheeto a game show host is an affront to all, even Barker or Woolery.
I didn't see him referred to as a game show host here, but I'm gonna go with yes. :P

Obviously, The Apprentice is not a game show, but I just shrug when I see people refer to it as one. It's not the first or last show to be mislabeled as a game.

Besides, have you seen Chuck Woolery's tweets in the last five years?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:47:08 PM »
Besides, have you seen Chuck Woolery's tweets in the last five years?

It's a shame he went from two-and-two to fourteen and eighty-eight.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation