Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game S2 and To Tell The Truth S2 are a Go?  (Read 12043 times)

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Match Game S2 and To Tell The Truth S2 are a Go?
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »
According to OCA, that seems to be the case. Match Game tickets are already available for 15 tapings to take place from November 2nd to the 7th.

Over on the To Tell the Truth page, it says that they'll be taping from the 12th to the 14th and 17th to the 20th, but no tickets are available yet.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BillCullen1

Re: Match Game S2 and To Tell The Truth S2 are a Go?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:06:32 PM »
It was announced previously that all of the ABC Sunday Fun Games block shows were renewed, along with TTTT. Match Game is taping 14 shows between now and Monday, November 7. I have tickets for a couple of them. On the TTTT page, they're listing the celebs who will be at each taping. They're also keeping Anthony's mom on. 

SuperSweeper

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 10:05:06 PM »
It doesn't look like TTTT is keeping the "three regulars and a rotating seat" panel makeup. Jalen Rose is the only listed returning regular, and he's appearing on just a few episodes.

Then again, not all the shows have celebs listed...but it's looking like a rotating panel will be the norm.

I'm not too terribly surprised, especially that BW's not back - but it's still a shame.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 01:56:35 AM »
All of the celebs listed (for To Tell The Truth), so far:

Chris Kattan
Kelly Osbourne
Jalen Rose
Sherri Shepherd
Tom Bergeron
David Arquette
Martha Plimpton
Lara Spencer
Craig Robinson
Gabriel Iglesias
Rachel Platten
Olivia Culpo
Donald Faison
Wanya Morris
Cheryl Burke
Jamie Kennedy
Andy Grammer
Kal Penn
Nikki Glaser
Justin Long
Adam Rodriguez
Cedric the Entertainer
Ross Matthews
Iliza Shlesinger
Jamie Chung
Joshua Malina

Nice group here. Curious to see the other celebs to be added.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:22:17 PM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

whewfan

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:47:42 AM »
So are they not bringing back any celebs from season 1? My favorites from the past season include Rosie O'Donnell (say what you will about her controversial gigs on The View and her talk show going from a fun talk show to a soap box, she's an excellent game show panelist) Titus, Jack Mc.Brayer, and Maggie Q was cute.

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 09:24:58 AM »
So are they not bringing back any celebs from season 1? My favorites from the past season include Rosie O'Donnell (say what you will about her controversial gigs on The View and her talk show going from a fun talk show to a soap box, she's an excellent game show panelist) Titus, Jack Mc.Brayer, and Maggie Q was cute.

I believe that list was off of the "To Tell the Truth" page.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »
I should've specified (and have edited the post to reflect as such). That was indeed the list for To Tell the Truth.

Match Game which had started yesterday does indeed have returning panelists as taping reports (really only one I've seen from Buzzerblog) have begun appearing online.

That said, I'd love to see Tom Bergeron on Match Game.

BillCullen1

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 12:13:58 AM »
I was at a taping of Match Game today (Nov 3). I ended up seeing all three shows. After the second show, they said anyone who wanted to stay for the third show could remain in the studio. Some observations I picked up on:

The judges seem to be more picky about answers they accept as matches

Alec seems to have gotten better with ad-libbing stuff funnier than what's on the TelepromTer.

The Celeb List for Show 1
Tituss Burgess, Sasheer Zamata, Darrell Hammond, Jane Krakowski, Rick Fox, Constance Zimmer

Show 2
Tituss Burgess, Jane Krakowski, Chris D'Elia, Any Sedaris, Rick Fox, Constance Zimmer

Show 3
Tituss Burgess, Jane Krakowski, Matthew Morrison, Valerie Bertinelli, Taye Diggs, Busy Phillips

Fist show started taping around 10 am. Last show finished around 6:30 pm. The warm-up guy was Kevin Bartini. Some stuff you won't see on the air:

A question had to be replaced when one celeb showed their answer before the contestant responded

One show had Round 2 recreated with new questions when they had a 0 - 0 tie

One interview was retaped when a contestant said the F word

When one celeb took so long, Alec said "Just write down a F__ ing answer."

So there you go. 

snowpeck

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 12:22:10 AM »
Am I correct that Valerie Bertinelli is the first celebrity on the current run of Match Game who was also on the 73-82 version?
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 12:34:06 AM »
Am I correct that Valerie Bertinelli is the first celebrity on the current run of Match Game who was also on the 73-82 version?

I'm not 100% certain but that sounds right. Ironically, she wouldn't clear her appearance on the original MG to be aired.  I'm glad I stayed for the last show to see Valerie. I had a crush on her when I was in high school and she was on One Day at a Time.

I also got an unexpected souvenir from the show. Taye Diggs flung one of his cards into the audience. It landed near me, and I was near the top.

SamJ93

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 01:05:39 AM »
Looks like they're keeping a few semi-regular panelists this time out...hope it sticks. I can easily see Burgess & Krakowski becoming the new Charles & Brett.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 01:15:58 AM »
BillCullen, how was the writing? The one gripe I had about season 1 was there was no consistency in difficulty. Round 1 would have one gimme question and one that allowed a very wide range of answers. Round 2 would be the same way, instead of two broad questions in Round 1, then two gimmes in Round 2.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 01:20:36 AM »
One show had Round 2 recreated with new questions when they had a 0 - 0 tie
Be...cause we can't ever air a tiebreaker round (unless things align to where we can pretend the second tiebreaker question was the last half of Round 2)?

One interview was retaped when a contestant said the F word
Why retape it? Just move on with the show and censor the offending word in post.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 01:26:12 AM »
Be...cause we can't ever air a tiebreaker round (unless things align to where we can pretend the second tiebreaker question was the last half of Round 2)?
Or it could be that a 0-0 tie makes the contestants, celebrities and writers look bad.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 03:13:52 AM »
BillCullen, how was the writing? The one gripe I had about season 1 was there was no consistency in difficulty. Round 1 would have one gimme question and one that allowed a very wide range of answers. Round 2 would be the same way, instead of two broad questions in Round 1, then two gimmes in Round 2.

Writing seems to be pretty much the same as this past summer. Not much improvement, IMO.