Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Too Late Ebay: Entire set of actual Card Sharks cards!  (Read 16937 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Too Late Ebay: Entire set of actual Card Sharks cards!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 01:04:23 PM »
And another thought:  the seller would have made a lot more money selling the cards individually.  You think individual cards would go for less than four bucks apiece?

The shipping hassles alone would make it impractical. Dude wanted to sell one thing, not 80.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JayDLewis

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 04:54:28 PM »
That is in fact news I can use; knowing that the cards are nineteen inches tall by fourteen inches across.
Also worth noting is that the dimensions for the CBS and NBC incarnations were different. Jim Perry's cards were one foot by two feet.

That can't be right. Here's me holding a Crayola "Floor Pad"...

https://db.tt/FH7OwH0g

...that's only 22x16. 24x12 would be enormous.

The aspect ratio (according to photoshop) seems to be about 0.6954 not 0.5 if it's the dimensions Jim gave.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Scrabbleship

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 06:30:55 PM »
One of those tickets looks like it was from the WLoD pilot given the tape date of 11/2/86.

Also, this is the first I heard of a Gong Show pilot being shot in 1995. Given how the genre was at a nadir and about to enter a "fixing what wasn't broken" phase (Dating/Newlywed Hour, the unsold MG/CS pilots), who knows what damage could've been done and if so could it have gotten Extreme Gong-level bad?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 07:38:30 PM »
One of those tickets looks like it was from the WLoD pilot given the tape date of 11/2/86.

Also, this is the first I heard of a Gong Show pilot being shot in 1995. Given how the genre was at a nadir and about to enter a "fixing what wasn't broken" phase (Dating/Newlywed Hour, the unsold MG/CS pilots), who knows what damage could've been done and if so could it have gotten Extreme Gong-level bad?
Chuck Booms, a comedian from this area who was on the rise in the mid-90s, was slated to host this.  He hosted a pilot for The Gong Show around late 1995/early 1996 (very possibly the 10/95 date on the above ticket), which was to be paired with Planet Hollywood Squares, hosted by Roseanne Barr.  A quick Google Groups search shows that these shows were delayed until 1997, as Sony wanted to see how The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game did in '96.

It is tempting.  Booms often appears at a bar a few miles away during Browns games, maybe less this year since he lost his morning drive sports radio gig a little over a year ago.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 07:42:29 PM »
It is tempting.  Booms often appears at a bar a few miles away during Browns games, maybe less this year since he lost his morning drive sports radio gig a little over a year ago.

I dunno, maybe that means he'll be appearing there more. Just as a customer. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SamJ93

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 12:52:56 AM »
FWIW, Five Below sells decks of giant playing cards-maybe a little smaller than the cards from CS, but close enough-for, appropriately enough, $5. Unfortunately, they come in only one color, which might make home CS games confusing.
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 12:55:32 AM »
Given how the genre was at a nadir and about to enter a "fixing what wasn't broken" phase (Dating/Newlywed Hour, the unsold MG/CS pilots), who knows what damage could've been done and if so could it have gotten Extreme Gong-level bad?
1) I think Dating/Newlywed absolutely fixed what was broken by giving each show an actual format.

2) Damage to Gong Show? You know that this is a show that revels in being tacky and stupid, right? It's not like Gong Show was going to win an Emmy. Pull your nose to parallel to earth there, guy.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 09:57:53 AM »
FWIW, Five Below sells decks of giant playing cards-maybe a little smaller than the cards from CS, but close enough-for, appropriately enough, $5. Unfortunately, they come in only one color, which might make home CS games confusing.

Slightly smaller than a sheet of paper, in fact.  I can see these being very useful for home game adaptations.

https://kameamorgan.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/img_4048.jpg
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

aaron sica

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 10:05:58 AM »
Slightly smaller than a sheet of paper, in fact.  I can see these being very useful for home game adaptations.

https://kameamorgan.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/img_4048.jpg

Play all of your "favoirite"classic card games. A quality I've only come to expect from Five Below.

oaklandfan2kx

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2016, 01:20:48 PM »
Maybe I Would had won that Set of Actual Card Sharks Cards from the Eubanks/Rafferty Version I would had create new prize cards for New Prizes like the XBOX One Package, PS4 Gift Card, $1,000 Apple Gift Card (with the Apple Logo) and much more so I Can print the same size as the Prize Cards of Card Sharks at a Local Kinko's or Staples for my own version of Card Sharks, but oh well good find Mr. Ottinger!

dale_grass

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 03:12:43 PM »
Maybe I Would had won that Set of Actual Card Sharks Cards from the Eubanks/Rafferty Version I would had create new prize cards for New Prizes like the XBOX One Package, PS4 Gift Card, $1,000 Apple Gift Card (with the Apple Logo) and much more so I Can print the same size as the Prize Cards of Card Sharks at a Local Kinko's or Staples for my own version of Card Sharks, but oh well good find Mr. Ottinger!

Damn, beat me by 30 seconds.  +1

Thunder

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 07:32:32 PM »
Why do you Show No love for OfficeMax? They Also have a print Shop That can make half-Assed copies of playing Cards on card Stock That will look like Crap when you Try To use them.

Casey

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:49 PM »
How did we go from Card Sharks to Word Salad ?

aaron sica

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »
Why do you Show No love for OfficeMax? They Also have a print Shop That can make half-Assed copies of playing Cards on card Stock That will look like Crap when you Try To use them.

Yeah, But can They spell Favorite on the Box the correct Way?

Thunder

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2016, 09:43:18 PM »
That's the Venezuelan spelling of the word.

/Or the Vuvuzelian spelling.