Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The next classic game show to hit ABC may be...  (Read 5730 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

BrandonFG

Re: The next classic game show to hit ABC may be...
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 05:01:49 PM »
In before the "I hope they watch Jimmy Fallon's version" posts. Jokes aside, someone at ABC really enjoys old game shows. It's kinda feeling like the 70s again...

/I hope they don't watch the Youtube version
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Thunder

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:42:21 PM »
Bonus "You Suck" points for the clickbait article title and the link to the article that you wrote.

You could have easily said "Password to come to ABC?" as the title and I still would have clicked through.

ETA: Since I'm being grouchy today, triple bonus points for the one paragraph of original content in the article and the rest being Things Everybody Knows.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 07:41:53 PM »
Well, that's harsh. He tells us the show inside the thread...that's really not clickbait. No need for all the frustration.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 07:59:04 PM »
In before the "I hope they watch Jimmy Fallon's version" posts. Jokes aside, someone at ABC really enjoys old game shows. It's kinda feeling like the 70s again...
Given that the show seems to have become less high-brow and faster-paced at every iteration I wonder what else you can do but still have a half-hour or hour program. Tonight Show Password is only eight minutes long--it won't keep people's attention repeated seven more times.
Travis L. Eberle

Fedya

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 08:39:23 PM »
And here I was hoping they'd bring back The Money Maze.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Clay Zambo

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 09:50:18 PM »

What, no Magnificent Money Machine love?
czambo@mac.com

Thunder

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 09:51:21 PM »
Well, that's harsh. He tells us the show inside the thread...that's really not clickbait. No need for all the frustration.

Yeah. It was a grumpy day. :P

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 10:03:04 PM »
Yeah. It was a grumpy day. :P

Not that this is the biggest issue confronting me in my life today, but I kinda agree with the original point.  It would make things a lot easier on a message board forum if the subject line actually identified the subject, and wasn't a blind tease.  Of course, this isn't my sandbox anymore.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 10:09:12 PM »
Not that this is the biggest issue confronting me in my life today, but I kinda agree with the original point.  It would make things a lot easier on a message board forum if the subject line actually identified the subject, and wasn't a blind tease.  Of course, this isn't my sandbox anymore.
It doesn't need to be a codified rule but I do think it's good etiquette to get to the darn point of what you're saying and cutting out the garbage. What's inexplicable is that it's a tease to open the thread instead of the link. I think we've fairly well established that as a group we're not going to put up with "you're not going to believe what's behind the hyperlink!" clickbait.
Travis L. Eberle

aaron sica

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 11:28:25 PM »
Of course, this isn't my sandbox anymore.

Nope, it's "what's left of what used to be". :P

trainman

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 11:31:46 PM »

Well, if they could get Alec Baldwin for "Match Game," then maybe George Clooney...
trainman is a man of trains

Sodboy13

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 02:20:02 AM »
I was hoping for Split Second, and was so disappointed I threw my computer out the window. To whom do I send the bill?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2016, 07:37:20 PM »
Not that this is the biggest issue confronting me in my life today, but I kinda agree with the original point. 

JasonA1 likes this.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

tvwxman

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 10:49:52 PM »
Let's put Tammy in charge of this in the birthday sandbox.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"