Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lineups for Celeb Family Feud released...  (Read 7077 times)

weaklink75

Thunder

Re: Lineups for Celeb Family Feud released...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 06:22:07 PM »
I failed to see anything approaching the "interesting" level in that list.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 06:35:19 PM »
I failed to see anything approaching the "interesting" level in that list.
Several of the matchups are not compelling.  What is interesting in watching a bunch of race car drivers take on swimsuit models?  Maybe if you did a NASCAR or F1 battle vs. IndyCar you'd have something, but there's no natural competition there at all.  Same for the ESPN vs. Dave Foley matchup--what is intriguing in watching a bunch of sportscasters play the family of a comedian?  Again, I think it'd be slightly more interesting to see them face off against broadcasters from say, NBC or CBS. 

--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 06:37:01 PM »
They're interesting in a random sort of way...like there's no rhyme or reason to some of the matchups.

ETA: Mark explains it much better; the ESPN vs. Dave Foley matchup is just weird. Baseball Tonight vs. the NFL Countdown crew, or something along those lines makes sense, plus you get even more of a Disney connection (Dave being a supporting star on an ABC sitcom, notwithstanding).

From the article:
Another couple many people will find an odd pairing is Alana Stewart and George Hamilton, who were married from 1972 to 1975 but now consider each other best friends.

I remember they had a very short-lived daytime talk show in the mid-90s, and that's when it was brought to my attention the two were once married.

/Who didn't have a daytime talk show in the mid-90s?
//At least I can say I've heard of more than half the people in the episodes
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 07:12:30 PM »
what is intriguing in watching a bunch of sportscasters play the family of a comedian?

Maybe I'm just the wrong audience for this, or remember what "celebrity" used to mean, but I don't find anything intriguing about anyone's non-celeb family.  I don't think I've ever wondered what Dave Foley's home life is like.  ESPN talent vs CBS Sports talent.  Swimsuit models vs male models.  "Blue Collar" comics vs LA comics.  This isn't hard.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

colonial

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 07:32:16 PM »
A little more detail into who's playing ...

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Alec-Baldwin-Michael-Strahan-More-Set-for-ABCs-CELEBRITY-FAMILY-FEUD-20160502

(And yes, the link title and corresponding headline is extremely misleading)

A few "interesting" tidbits ...

-- Ricky Schroeder is playing on team Alfonso Ribiero
-- Jalen Rose appears to have no family whatsoever given his team lineup (which includes fellow "Fab Fiver" Jimmy King)
-- Dave Foley is not playing for the "Help Dave Foley Pay His Child Support Now Fund" (I seem to recall him being threatened with arrest if he stepped foot in Canada a few years back over his failure to pay child support)

JD

tvmitch

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:21:11 AM »
Maybe I'm just the wrong audience for this, or remember what "celebrity" used to mean, but I don't find anything intriguing about anyone's non-celeb family.  I don't think I've ever wondered what Dave Foley's home life is like.  ESPN talent vs CBS Sports talent.  Swimsuit models vs male models.  "Blue Collar" comics vs LA comics.  This isn't hard.
I will say that it was somewhat interesting to see Gronk's family, because you have to wonder about the lineage of a guy like that. And Anthony Anderson's family was funny. But you're right, family of a random celebrity of some sort isn't great.
You should follow me on Twitter

BillCullen1

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 11:30:12 AM »
Lance Bass and his husband. I do believe that is a FF first.

Thunder

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 11:42:19 AM »
Hopefully the big flashing neon sign that says "HEY LOOK! HE'S GAY!" will arrive prior to taping of that episode.

Neumms

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:40 PM »
The guest list is funnier than the show could ever be. Two celebrities, Sorvino and Thicke, actually have famous family members, but no, they aren't bringing them. (I'll leave Layla Ali out.) And it's a darn shame Paula Deen's family isn't playing against an African-American family.

Unrealtor

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2016, 08:38:46 PM »
Hopefully the big flashing neon sign that says "HEY LOOK! HE'S GAY!" will arrive prior to taping of that episode.

I'm pretty sure that Fremantle still has that one in a storage unit somewhere after his Game Show Marathon appearance.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

CJBojangles

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 10:52:54 AM »

I'm pretty sure that Fremantle still has that one in a storage unit somewhere after his Game Show Marathon appearance.

FWIW, Bass didn't come out until after GSM wrapped.

Unrealtor

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 02:24:40 PM »

FWIW, Bass didn't come out until after GSM wrapped.

As my sister said to me shortly after I came out to her, "There's coming out and then there's stating the obvious."
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."