Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New episodes of The Chase on GSN starting Nov. 6  (Read 7147 times)

BillCullen1

New episodes of The Chase on GSN starting Nov. 6
« on: October 25, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »
GSN has announced the above. November 6 is a Friday. So they're moving The Chase to a new evening.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: New episodes of The Chase on GSN starting Nov. 6
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 08:31:00 PM »
Thanks for the info!

New episodes on a new night can't overcome the fact that the show has fallen into a rut with almost everyone taking their original prize instead of a handicap offer, Brooke has become a cheerleader instead of a coach and each episode (nay, almost each Chase!) has a vulgar or silly question.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 11:33:21 AM »
Last week we had firefighters who were at the 9/11 tragedy. This week is an all woman team.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 05:11:47 AM »
Not the dreaded themed episodes.  What would you guys do to get it out of its rut?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 07:20:31 PM »
Not the dreaded themed episodes.  What would you guys do to get it out of its rut?

Book smarter contestants. I stopped watching when Mark lost like once over the course of a series.

I need to know the team has a hope in hell of winning or else there is no game there.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 07:27:02 PM »
Book smarter contestants.
The only other thing that they can do is to give the team even more of a head start which just makes it silly. If I'm playing against a chess champion where I get a full army and Garry gets a King and a Pawn what's the point?

The tagline of the original article is "can this team of individuals take down one of Britain's top quizzers?" As it happens the American version answers that question with a resounding "nope" most of the time. There's a couple of other things that irk me about the show but the rut is of teams that can't do what's asked of them.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »

Book smarter contestants. I stopped watching when Mark lost like once over the course of a series.

I need to know the team has a hope in hell of winning or else there is no game there.

Mark's win rate in Britain: 77%
Mark's win rate in USA: 68%

Maybe you just don't like the Chase at all.  It's fine if you don't.  But Mark loses a lot more here than on the mothership (if you weeel).
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »
Mark's win rate in Britain: 77%
Mark's win rate in USA: 68%
I'm curious how that compares to Win Ben Stein's Money.

Maybe you just don't like the Chase at all.  It's fine if you don't.  But Mark loses a lot more here than on the mothership (if you weeel).
There's lots of things I would change or do differently, and my kingdom for a contestant who will take either the Wuss Offer or the High Offer. I would settle for a Table Chase that doesn't have an eye-rollingly vulgar and unfunny question that is there solely to get reactions.

I don't mind that Mark wins two times out of three because I empathize with the villain sometimes and lots of times the contestants just cheese me off, but I can understand that it is not compelling telly to have the heel curbstomping the team most of the time.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:47:22 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Long live Jeopardy!

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 07:51:53 AM »
^Win Ben Stein's Money is:  http://kabrina.com/wbsm

BillCullen1

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »
The episode airing on 11/20 had the lowest amount ever going into the final chase - $10,000. Players opted to play it safe and go for the lower amount offered.