Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brandi Cochran's TPIR lawsuit  (Read 10222 times)

cmjb13

Brandi Cochran's TPIR lawsuit
« on: August 25, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »
Nothing earth shattering, but an interesting read...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/price-is-right-model-will-756904

See the bottom of the article for the full opinion.

Some testimony from Syd, Mike & (presumably) Bart.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:05:33 PM by chris319 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Re: Brandi Sherwood's TPIR lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 03:21:17 PM »
Based on the length of the lawsuit, and for it to go on this long unsettled, I think there's a pretty good chance she will lose this one.  If the parties whom she sued really did discriminate, the lawsuit probably would have been settled out of court by April 2010.
Some cases take years to reach a final verdict.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »
Based on the length of the lawsuit, and for it to go on this long unsettled, I think there's a pretty good chance she will lose this one.  If the parties whom she sued really did discriminate, the lawsuit probably would have been settled out of court by April 2010.

JonSea31, Esquire, at your service.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 03:59:37 PM »
Either way, it looks like Brandi might be in for many years of misery, and most likely face the rest of her life in poverty.
Wow.
But, on the plus side, if Brandi loses her lawsuit, we might end up seeing more playing of 3 Strikes, Golden Road, and Triple Play in subsequent seasons because of an increased prize budget.  But then again, viewers may be lost, unless there's a media blackout if Brandi loses.
You're simply amazing.  "If someone who was wronged loses a lawsuit, I can see more big money pricing games I like!"
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 04:18:24 PM »
After seeing this, I was curious what was available regarding Barker's 1995 lawsuit against Holly (The one where Barker withdrew in 2000 after damaging testimony from Bradley, Pennington and others)

L.A. Courthouse archive department stated they have 23 volumes on that case and each volume is at least 100 pages.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 06:50:18 PM »
I saw the article last night, and based on what I read, it sounds like Brandi may have been terminated more because the show was going in a different direction, and not directly pregnancy, but more like depression.  It sounds like they wanted to replace Brandi with Manuela because Manuela was a much happier person, with lots of energy and enthusiasm, and Brandi's depression could result in bad things to come (ratings and other things) if she would have been rehired.

Either way, it looks like Brandi might be in for many years of misery, and most likely face the rest of her life in poverty.

But, on the plus side, if Brandi loses her lawsuit, we might end up seeing more playing of 3 Strikes, Golden Road, and Triple Play in subsequent seasons because of an increased prize budget.  But then again, viewers may be lost, unless there's a media blackout if Brandi loses.

Oh, for the love of God, shut up.

You have no idea what you're talking about regarding any of this, and you're making every fan of the show look like a douchebag by trying to act like you do.  Quit while you're behind, because you're not going to get ahead.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 06:56:23 PM »
Oh, for the love of God, shut up.

You have no idea what you're talking about regarding any of this, and you're making every fan of the show look like a douchebag by trying to act like you do.  Quit while you're behind, because you're not going to get ahead.
Believe me, I'm no Jon Sea apologist. I was impressed at the level of higher-plane thinking he applied (to wit that a monetary settlement has to come out of some bucket of money) and have no interest in arguing at a brick wall about things where I also have minimal knowledge (are legal settlements and things of that nature an above- or below-the-line expense?)

To your point he's certainly not helping the dialogue among those who have a modicum of insight.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 09:52:11 PM »
Tact's sure not your strong suit, that's for sure. But, to your point, I imagine she could find other modeling gigs, having experience with y'know, the longest running game show in television history.

1) One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. 2) They're not going to lose viewers because of a damn lawsuit...she hasn't even been on the show in six years. I didn't even know it had been that long, and I guarantee you Joe Sixpack isn't going to turn to Judge Judy because of this. 3) Media blackout? This isn't an NFL game.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 12:47:45 PM »
Ya know, usually I find myself disagreeing with Mark and Steve more often than not.

In this case, however, I agree 100% with them. And really, everyone else in the thread but JonSea31.

Jon, remember when we affirmed that forums were not recommended for you? Still applies.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 11:53:49 PM »
And lo and behold, Jonsy deletes.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2015, 12:04:18 AM »
Honestly, once you've been quoted, is there even a point in editing/deleting your post?
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2015, 04:46:34 PM »
Newsflash, Jon:  The entire text of your post still exists in this thread.

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2015, 07:31:02 PM »
Newsflash, Jon:  The entire text of your post still exists in this thread.

Jonsy doesn't watch the news, remember? It's too verbose for him. We should.all respect his condition, which Wikipedia teaches about.

ETA: I don't know what offended me more, his justification or his assertion that we knew nothing about autism.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 09:35:56 PM by PYLdude »

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 09:24:59 PM »
Jonsy doesn't watch the news, remember? It's too verbose for him. We should.all respect his condition, which Wikipedia teaches about.

ETA: I don't know what offended me more, his justification or his assertion that we knew nothing about autism.

Was that him?  They all start to blur together after a while.

Thunder

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2015, 12:04:51 AM »
He's the "Two fives for a ten guy". Now I've got the players straight.