Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Monopoly Millionaires' Club Season 2  (Read 5157 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Monopoly Millionaires' Club Season 2
« on: July 29, 2015, 05:51:38 PM »
Yes it has been renewed. However, according to information that has arrived at my station (we do show it on Saturday night), it is being cut in length to 30 minutes.

/Intriguing.

Thunder

Re: Monopoly Millionaires' Club Season 2
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »
And I'm betting that it's going to be renewed for three more 6-episode runs after that.

Here's North Carolina's timeline of the contestant drawings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 05:09:58 AM »
I was surprised at some of the stations in its station lineup:

New York: WPIX

Los Angeles: KTLA

Chicago: WGN

Impressive stations, all Tribune.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 05:09:44 PM »
Interesting...WGNT also airs it, and that was taken over by Tribune within the last couple of years.

/Was actually surprised considering Virginia backed out of the MMC lottery game at the eleventh hour
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 06:49:02 PM »
Add KTXL, Sacramento to that list of Tribune stations. They must have a deal with the station group.

tvmitch

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 09:36:05 AM »
WPHL (Tribune) in Philadelphia also airs it.

In my home market, it's aired by WGAL, which also airs the lottery drawings. Thought there would be some correlation between "stations who air lottery drawings" and "stations who air MMC" but that is not the case.

It is interesting that it's being cut down to a half hour. Many stations are selling time by the hour. Stations will have to pair MMC with another once-a-week offering, or do a double-run if one is offered, which would be strange.

We might see a lot of MMC being paired with riveting Ronco Food Dehydrator-type programs this fall.

/jerky
You should follow me on Twitter

JakeT

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 09:41:25 PM »
We might see a lot of MMC being paired with riveting Ronco Food Dehydrator-type programs this fall.

/jerky

Some of us happen to love banana chips! :)

JakeT

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 11:29:07 PM »
When asked about setting time slots for the two shows, Mr. Popeil said station managers should "Set it and forget it!" (ducking)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!