Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hellevator  (Read 7969 times)

Neumms

Hellevator
« on: May 11, 2015, 06:49:03 PM »
I received an email survey from Sony today looking for my feedback on an exciting new game show concept. It was "Hellevator," which was mentioned at GSN upfronts. Survey said it's from "the twisted minds behind the Paranormal Activity movies," and will have two "comedic masterminds" pulling strings. When asked for comment, I said Paranormal Activity blew and I suspect the masterminds will be more annoying than "comedic."

The game is played by three friends who, one at a time, get out of the elevator onto a floor of a "haunted warehouse" where they must perform some task for prize money. If the player runs out of time, the elevator moves on without him.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Hellevator
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »
So it's Crystal Maze/Fort Boyard but with a horror theming. Hoo ray.
Travis L. Eberle

Brig Bother

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:38:02 AM »
I think that sounds quite fun.

If it's half as good as Estate of Panic it might be quite watchable.

Thunder

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 02:32:08 AM »
"Get out of my house."

One of the best catchphrases ever. :D

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 03:07:06 PM »
The thing about Estate of Panic is that an interesting game was held up by a really good host, who played his character of Creepy Estate Owner to the hilt without mugging for the camera. When I read "comic masterminds," I see it as "hacks who think they're funny, but will annoy quickly."

If the challenges are set well and the game is interesting (and certainly the Crystal Maze-ish "finish and GTFO" is a thing to build a foundation on) it might be good. I'm just tempering my excitement.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 12:22:31 AM »
GSN has announced October 21 as the premiere date.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:05:56 PM »

I found it to be boring and drawn-out. The "comedic masterminds" reminded me of the emo/goth kids who would mope by the smoker's shack at high school. (apparently they're horror filmmakers of some renown, but since horror isn't a genre I watch I hadn't heard of them). The team who shouted "YOLO!" at every opportunity grated throughout, the challenges weren't all that scary and there were only three of them.

The individual challenges, elimination and final interview reminded me more of The Chase than Estate of Panic or Fort Boyard; Hellevator compares unfavorably to either program on just about every count.

Travis L. Eberle

M622

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 10:19:43 PM »
Can anyone post full episodes of this show? I have cablevision and... You know. :'( I've checked you tube and all there is just fakes.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 10:30:07 PM »
Um.

Fakes?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

M622

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 09:46:31 AM »
You know vids that pretend to be the one you're looking for but is actually a a screen telling you to click a link that leads you to viruses.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 01:55:13 AM »
You know vids that pretend to be the one you're looking for but is actually a a screen telling you to click a link that leads you to viruses.

Um. Yeah. Those. Sure.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 08:17:28 AM »

I found it to be boring and drawn-out. The "comedic masterminds" reminded me of the emo/goth kids who would mope by the smoker's shack at high school. (apparently they're horror filmmakers of some renown, but since horror isn't a genre I watch I hadn't heard of them). The team who shouted "YOLO!" at every opportunity grated throughout, the challenges weren't all that scary and there were only three of them.

The individual challenges, elimination and final interview reminded me more of The Chase than Estate of Panic or Fort Boyard; Hellevator compares unfavorably to either program on just about every count.

Would agree that The Soska Twins are irritating more than anything but thought the show was quite fun in the main, I enjoyed the narrative thread, I liked the fact that there was a bit of meat to the games (although I'm not usually a fan of needle in haystack challenges), the big downer for me is that The Labyrinth is directed so badly, the viewer has no real idea what's going on. Also clearly they aren't going to different levels in a building which is disappointing.

It's closer to ITV2's Release the Hounds more than anything which I'm currently really enjoying but would also happily agree it's only *almost* there.