Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Discussion  (Read 436048 times)

Pyramid20000

Buzzr Discussion
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:38:16 PM »
Has a program schedule been released yet for Buzzr tv?

BrandonFG

Re: Buzzr Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 08:50:24 PM »
From looking on the forum and Google, no. Trust me, if there is any new info, it will be mentioned here. Until then, just sit tight or wait until May 31.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Pyramid20000

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »
Bear with me just a little anxious.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »
Er. no. Brandon said to wait for May 31. That's over a month. Every time you ask us before then, expect a similarly cold reception.
Travis L. Eberle

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:43:56 PM »
Er. no. Brandon said to wait for May 31. That's over a month. Every time you ask us before then, expect a similarly cold reception.

No, you don't understand.  He's not asking for him; he's asking for the bear.  That bastard doesn't take no for an answer.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

snowpeck

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 11:13:38 PM »
Broadcasting and Cable has an article on Buzzr in this week's issue, but it's behind a paywall online.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 01:01:11 AM »
Every time you ask us before then, expect a similarly cold reception.
Damn. I was actually trying to be warm. ;-P

/My initial response OTOH..........
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 02:29:17 AM »

This is the second time you've asked this. It's not worth anxiety.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Kevin Prather

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 02:23:40 PM »

No, you don't understand.  He's not asking for him; he's asking for the bear.  That bastard doesn't take no for an answer.

Well played.

chad1m

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 06:38:27 PM »
Broadcasting and Cable has an article on Buzzr in this week's issue, but it's behind a paywall online.
I just realized my university login still works and I can access these bad boys. Snippets of potential interest:

FMNA already is batting around some fun ideas to promote the channel, such as a Betty White Week, since the octogenarian actress was once a regular on the game show circuit and her husband was Password host Alan [sic] Ludden. FMNA also plans to create a Facebook page for the network where it will post call-outs to contestants of game shows past to let them know to tune in to watch themselves.

Buzzr TV will air legacy game shows and target adults 25-54 and older, while Buzzr on YouTube will feature YouTube stars playing new editions of classic formats in short clips. Eventually, there may be some overlap between the two, with Buzzr perhaps populating late-night hours on Buzzr TV with programming aimed at younger audiences, like an "Adult Swim for game," says Beers. Another way that Buzzr and Buzzr TV may evolve is by becoming a development platform for shows that could eventually make their way into first-run syndication or network daytime or primetime. At the moment, however, that is not the focus of either platform.

Fremantle is prepping to announce two new game shows that will air on major networks, and at least two syndicators have games in development. Warner Bros. is developing a remake of Love Connection with The Real's Loni Love, while Debmar-Mercury and Fremantle have been redeveloping What's My Line?--both of those shows are possibilities for fall 2016.

I assume one of the new games is Celebrity Family Feud since this article was published before that announcement.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 08:06:52 PM »
Eventually, there may be some overlap between the two, with Buzzr perhaps populating late-night hours on Buzzr TV with programming aimed at younger audiences, like an "Adult Swim for game," says Beers.

And you know, I don't have a problem with that at all, and I doubt too many logical-thinking people do.  Unfortunately, the hardcore game show fans (dare I use the 'fanboi' word?) will treat this just like they treated GSN, and ever second of the programming day that isn't legacy shows will be an abomination beyond all rational thought.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Thunder

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
But who pays attention to that extremely small subset of people? They self-destruct their own credibility within a short time frame and become comic relief.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »
But who pays attention to that extremely small subset of people? They self-destruct their own credibility within a short time frame and become comic relief.

The problem as I see it is that TPTB see that nonsense overpowering the more rational discussion and tend to paint the entire internet fan community with one big brush.  And that's a shame.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Thunder

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 10:26:37 PM »
I'll agree.

I found it quite refreshing for Drew Carey to directly call out the nutballs from Golden Road. It also seemed like the current "Price is Right" management team went out of their way to needle that group for a while.

JepMasta

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 11:56:51 PM »
At the risk of sounding like a complete pillock, have they announced it DirecTV will carry it?