Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes  (Read 65901 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« on: August 20, 2014, 04:48:09 AM »
Gonna start this now while fresh in my mind.

What's changing where you are?

In New York, Millionaire is moving for the first time since season 2. The primary run is shifting from 12:30 pm to 2 pm to accommodate the expansion of WABC's newscast to sixty minutes. The station's also picking up the Jeopardy! double run, with the rerun episode following Millionaire at 2:30. General Hospital moves back to its 3 pm home. I don't know if the Millionaire double run is staying but considering they've carried it for three years in a row I doubt it goes anywhere. I also don't know if they're going to do what they did last year for Cedric's first few weeks in double run,.but wouldn't doubt they might.

Feud, as far as I know, is staying put but I'm curious to see where it airs. WWOR added a third airing for the summer, in the 7 pm slot opposite Jeopardy, on top of the hour at 5 pm.

I don't know where Celebrity Name Game is going to be on WPIX's schedule yet.

And on a not quite on topic note, at least in New York Meredith Vieira and Steve Harvey are being co-promoted by NBCU and will be airing back to back once Meredith's show launches in a few weeks.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 08:50:14 AM »
In Chicago, Jeopardy!goes back to 3:30 (where it should've never left).

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 11:26:38 AM »
I believe in the Harrisburg area, game-show wise, not much (if anything) is changing. WoF, J!, WWTBAM, and Feud are all staying put, AFAIK. "Celebrity Name Game" I'd bet the farm on airing on WPMT (Fox 43) as it's a Tribune station. Also. LMaD airs at the 10am timeslot, before Price (it's interesting to me to see which East Coast CBS affils air it.....A good chunk of them, at least in the Northeast, air it at 10am as opposed to 3pm).

Other syndicated shows are moving around a bit. "Rachael Ray" moves from 2pm on WGAL (NBC) to 10am on WHTM (ABC). Steve Harvey is moving from 11am to 3pm on WGAL, displacing Dr. Phil (which has aired on WGAL at 3pm since it premiered in 2002), which is moving to WHP (CBS) at the same timeslot. "Queen Latifah" simply moves down the digital dial a bit, going to 21.2 (our MY affiliate) at the same time.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:59:01 PM by aaron sica »

SuperMatch93

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »

Thrilled to hear this. What's taking over the 2:00 slot (I assume Inside Edition is moving back to 3)?
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:11:03 PM »

Word? Good. My sentiments exactly. I'm curious to see what takes the 2:00 hour myself...something local, or ABC owned.

Chicago will be airing Meredith Vieira and Steve Harvey back to back as well. Vieira airs at 1, followed by Steve at 2. This takes effect September 8.

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 01:25:30 PM »
The only addition or change in Cleveland I have heard about is the addition of Celebrity Name Game, replacing the second run episode of Family Feud in the 3 PM hour.  I would assume that means CNG would air at 3:30, but I am not 100% sure.

TheInquisitiveOne

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 01:32:08 PM »
Announced from ABC 7 themselves via promo:

Inside and J! will revert to their original 3pm hour timeslots, and GH will move back to 2pm.

The Rachel Ray Show will relocate to ABC 7 this season from WGN, filling the 1pm timeslot.

Still waiting buzz from Feud and Millionaire...

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

golden-road

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 01:40:09 PM »
Here in Boise:

KNIN (FOX): Celebrity Name Game (double run, to start 9/29)
KBOI2 (CBS), 9AM: TPiR
KBOI2 (CBS), 2PM: LMAD
KTVB-DT2 (NBC Subchannel), 3 & 5:30PM: Feud (3 is secondary, 5:30 is primary)
KIVI6 (ABC), 3PM: Millionaire (moving from 9-10AM, dropping the double run)
KIVI6 (ABC), 3:30PM: Celebrity Name Game
KBOI2 (CBS), 6-7PM: J! & WoF

Note: We aired Let's Ask America last year, but KNIN dropped it due to a dispute with Warner Bros.

SuperSweeper

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
The only addition or change in Cleveland I have heard about is the addition of Celebrity Name Game, replacing the second run episode of Family Feud in the 3 PM hour.  I would assume that means CNG would air at 3:30, but I am not 100% sure.

I'm interested to see if they keep the Jeopardy! double-run episode, which has been airing at 3:30.  They had dropped it (and moved Millionaire to 9:30 AM) when The Queen Latifah Show debuted, but they brought it back over the summer.

gamed121683

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 01:53:03 PM »
In the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Area:

WFOR (4-CBS): 10:00AM--Let's Make A Deal
WFOR (4-CBS): 11:00AM--The Price Is Right
WSVN (7-FOX): 11:00AM--Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
WPLG (10-ABC): 7-8PM--The WOF/Jeopardy! Hour
WSFL (39-CW): Time TBA--Celebrity Name Game

As for Feud, it right now airs on WTVJ (6-NBC) at 2:00PM. However, Meredith Vieira's new gab fest moves into that time slot effective 9/8. No word on it's new time or if it's even moving to a new station.

colonial

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 04:52:53 PM »

Thrilled to hear this. What's taking over the 2:00 slot (I assume Inside Edition is moving back to 3)?

ABC is moving "General Hospital" back to its 3pm ET slot for at least eight of its affiliates beginning 9/8 ... Chicago and NYC are two of them ...

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-moving-time-slots

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
I doubt anything changes around here...

9:00 am
WTKR: Let's Make a Deal
WVBT: Millionaire

11:00 am
WTKR: TPIR

5:00 pm
WTVZ: Phallic Pheud

7:00 pm
WVEC: Wheel

7:30 pm
WVEC: Jeopardy
WGNT: Celebrity Name Game --- confirmed via press release. Curious as to whether a second run will air in the 11 p.m. hour, currently occupied by Arsenio

No word on Let's Ask America airing around here...at least there's GSN...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2014, 07:29:27 PM »

ABC is moving "General Hospital" back to its 3pm ET slot for at least eight of its affiliates beginning 9/8 ... Chicago and NYC are two of them ...

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-moving-time-slots

JD
[/quote]

I wonder if WHTM is doing this too...Paging Mitch Groff to the white courtesy phone..

Unrealtor

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 09:35:06 PM »
What I saw today said that the ABC O&Os and KSAT were the only stations known to be moving GH back to its old slot.

As for the topic, I haven't seen anything talking about changes in Austin one way or the other. I assume that CNG is going to KEYE since Sinclair is listed as the second major station group to be airing it behind Tribune. Earlier this year, KEYE moved Millionaire from the noon slot it's had for years to a double run at 3:00 and 3:30 when some talk show (I don't even remember which one) got cancelled mid-season, so it seems like replacing one of those airings would be a logical place to put it.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »
What I saw today said that the ABC O&Os and KSAT were the only stations known to be moving GH back to its old slot.

As for the topic, I haven't seen anything talking about changes in Austin one way or the other. I assume that CNG is going to KEYE since Sinclair is listed as the second major station group to be airing it behind Tribune. Earlier this year, KEYE moved Millionaire from the noon slot it's had for years to a double run at 3:00 and 3:30 when some talk show (I don't even remember which one) got cancelled mid-season, so it seems like replacing one of those airings would be a logical place to put it.

Bethenny Frankel's, perhaps? That's the only one I can think of that would've gotten it.

Trisha Goddard and Katie Couric at least got a little further into the year before getting it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022