Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego question  (Read 12174 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego question
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »
Does the unaired episode "Auld Lang Gone" circulate among collectors? Also, which season was it intended for?

Allstar87

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 06:13:30 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowlover87\' post=\'229245\' date=\'Oct 26 2009, 04:23 PM\']Does the unaired episode "Auld Lang Gone" circulate among collectors? Also, which season was it intended for?[/quote]

It doesn't seem to circulate; though there are many people with impressive Carmen Sandiego collections, I have yet to meet someone who has Auld Lang Gone.

It was intended for season 2.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »
Assuming this indeed never aired, I'd be surprised if anybody had it, unless someone who actually worked for WGBH or whoever managed to sneak a copy.

dazztardly

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
Auld Lang Gone? What was it about?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »
The New Year's Eve ball was stolen. The big deal about the episode is 1) Marc Summers guest hosted, and 2) the winner broke her arm during the bonus round, and had to be replaced.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 09:40:54 PM »
Where does this information come from? As far as I can tell, this message board thread seems to be the source, and I can't help but think "fan fiction." I'll be more than happy to be corrected, though.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

dazztardly

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »
I have to agree with Jason. The episode sounds bogus.

rjaguar3

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 10:07:09 PM »
I hate to be the one that spread this possible misinformation to the forums.

Tomorrow, I plan to verify whether the episode exists from WGBH and WQED, as far as is possible.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'229262\' date=\'Oct 26 2009, 09:49 PM\']I have to agree with Jason. The episode sounds bogus.[/quote]
I went to the page, and it's remarkably elaborate, but remarkably bad fan fiction.  A lot of fans on the site were buying it, though, and hanging on every word.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tvwxman

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 11:41:43 PM »
i have seen video where Marc hosts questions....but the arm breaking? pass.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 12:03:28 AM »
The whole thing just makes my head whang. If the contestant was eligible however many years ago, wouldn't he be able to write coherently by now, fifteen years later?

And who decided that round two would be dubbed The Jailtime Challenge? I surely don't remember it referred to as such on the air, but all the wikipedians who infest the show's page insist that It Is So.
Travis L. Eberle

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 12:18:47 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'229273\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 12:03 AM\']And who decided that round two would be dubbed The Jailtime Challenge? I surely don't remember it referred to as such on the air, but all the wikipedians who infest the show's page insist that It Is So.[/quote]
I don't think they EVER gave it a name, actually. But considering the end result of winning the round, sounds like as viable a name for the round as any.

And... yeah... I never saw anyone even trip and fall during the bonus round. So for such a fall so spectacular that the person lands JUST right to break their arm... forget it.

I'm interested to see those Marc Summers clips, though.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 12:34:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' post=\'229274\' date=\'Oct 26 2009, 09:18 PM\'][quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'229273\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 12:03 AM\']And who decided that round two would be dubbed The Jailtime Challenge? I surely don't remember it referred to as such on the air, but all the wikipedians who infest the show's page insist that It Is So.[/quote]I don't think they EVER gave it a name, actually. But considering the end result of winning the round, sounds like as viable a name for the round as any.[/quote]Sure; if you want to give it an unofficial name like that, I have no beef. But the 'Pedians were representing as if Jailtime Challenge was the actual name of the round. I edit'd the article (at the very least, it could stand to be half or a quarter as long) and removed that. It was promptly returned.

I invoked the Cartman Clause, and that was the last time I ever edited anything on Wikipedia.
Travis L. Eberle

aaron sica

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 01:26:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' post=\'229274\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 12:18 AM\']And... yeah... I never saw anyone even trip and fall during the bonus round. So for such a fall so spectacular that the person lands JUST right to break their arm... forget it.[/quote]

I do recall an episode where a child tripped and fell during the bonus round but was perfectly fine. Hopefully I'm not the only one who remembers this.

Bill Neuweiler

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 10:49:31 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'229284\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 01:26 AM\'][quote name=\'Sonic Whammy\' post=\'229274\' date=\'Oct 27 2009, 12:18 AM\']And... yeah... I never saw anyone even trip and fall during the bonus round. So for such a fall so spectacular that the person lands JUST right to break their arm... forget it.[/quote]

I do recall an episode where a child tripped and fell during the bonus round but was perfectly fine. Hopefully I'm not the only one who remembers this.
[/quote]

I think he was doing the map of the states and made a diving shot at the last answer but missed by a second or so.   It was really close.
<p>I share a birthday with Jack Barry.